[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696029587097265.jpg (39 KB, 591x522)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
guy i went to school with became a pilot
i'm happy for him, but it makes me wonder all the things i could have done with my life instead of posting here
>>
>>77268257
so if cell has 1 kamehameha
>>
>>77268257
Wow! A pilot! That won't get boring after like two take-offs and landings. Think I'll stick to flight simulator 2000 lol
>>
>>77268277
the point is that he achieved his dream in his 20's, while I'm just barely starting out with studying
I could have made it by now too, but I NEETed and posted here for years
>>
>>77268257
could've made a tournament ya fat fuck
>>
I'm going through my old facebook, it's crazy to see how old most of my peers look and how they've all settled into the normie 9-5 life
I still have these delusional dreams of living a fun life, not bound to some shitty job doing boring slave work
I respect the pilot, that's a fun job that'll take you all over the world and takes a lot of passion to achieve
I want to be like that, but I don't know how
>>
>>77268257
i graduate a US medical school in 2 months and i'm 26 and have never held hands with a girl romantically.

the difference is your parents wouldn't be worried all the time. that's it.
>>
>>77268658
is it your passion to be a doctor? if so i'm jealous
i wish i had a goal like that to work towards
>>
>>77268678
no, of course not. it's hard to be passionate about real life when videogames and doomscrolling will leave you utterly dopamine fried.
>be 10
>only care about runescape and my 5th grade crush and playing with neighborhood kids after school
>parents ask me what i want to do when i grow up
>dunno im 10, power ranger i suppose
>thats not a real career son
>your options are doctor, lawyer, engineer, investment banker
>dont rly care desu
>you should care, having a career will give you money and free time to do whatever you want
>ohh makes sense
>doctor then i'm good at science :D
just pick something, grit your teeth, and grind for it. realistically, every "grind" is at most 40 hrs/wk of work anyway. i hear being younger and having a strong social network makes such grinds easier but its still doable regardless. at the end of day it's work. it's half the day for 5 days a week. 80% of people hate it. hopefully you have the strength to find goals or activities you like in your off time
>>
>>77268303
>He had two kids and landed an aluminium box whereas I only had two kids and landed no aluminium box
Go watch netflix, dumb ape
>>
>>77268909
I'm 24 now, I have a goal and I'm working towards it
I just feel pissed at myself for NEETing for so long
Could have made it by now, instead I'm taking the first steps towards my goal

>>your options are doctor, lawyer, engineer, investment banker
are you ethnic?
i'm white and my parents didn't give af, hence my NEETing for 6 years
>>
>>77268997
don't blame yourself, you're doing better than most. no, i'm white with blond hair and hazel irises. if i was stubborn and insisted on not doing anything i could've bought some neet time, it just doesn't make sense, as there's not much difference between neeting now vs neeting later and i would have to find something eventually. i think if i were ethnic i wouldn't have had a choice at all.
>>
>>77269039
>you're doing better than most
i dont know, everyone i went to school with has a better life than me
>>
>>77268595
>take you all over the world
not for the first 10 years
>>
>>77268994
retarded nigger
achieving a long term goal is the greatest pleasure a human can experience
a nigger with no ability to plan long term can't comprehend this

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.