[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm a 23 year old zoomer whos still broke, is it fucking over? How the fuck do you make a lot of money? Is going to trades still a good idea? College isn't for me because i'm too stupid for it and military won't do because of physical issues like immune disorder. I didn't know we can be so fucked as we get older.
>>
>>77270550
yeah you need skills so that people will give you money in exchange for your time using those skills. Unskilled labor exchanges only your time and or health so you are easily replaceable and not valuable.
Trades are your only real option because there are shortages of skilled labor in basically all industries. There are usually have training programs for beginners.
Investigate your area and see what you might like to do. You don't have to love it or love working but using skills to solve problems can be fun and you make money.
You could also use a hobby to make money but don't expect riches from it unless you are exceptional and lucky.
>>
Maybe try coding? Idk man
>>
>>77270550
Trucking, construction, security, trades. Sign up for some kind of class to get certified. College doesn't have to be a whole 4 year degree with a thesis and research project. You could get an associates at community college and manage spreadsheets and take calls for an office, and you're getting paid more than what you were paid before. Or you can just be a warehouse/retail serf for life.
>>
>>77270868
office is fucking gay and i'm tired of dealing with cunt nigger boomers, my best friend did and he said it was hell, he didn't care that he worked from a his little comfy room. i'll probably be a warehouse serf for the rest of my life, theres just not much career aspects nowadays.
>>
>>77270868
>You could get an associates at community college and manage spreadsheets and take calls for an office
NTA but I'm trying to get my associates and it's hell. Right off the bat none of my HS classes transferred because they weren't AP, so now I'm taking the same MS office and web design classes I did in HS. Also the degree program is filled with the most useless busywork filler-courses. I need 20 credits in Psychology and another 20 in Art. I literally won't be typing a single line of code for the next 5 semesters.

I already can code in 5 different programming languages btw.
>>
>>77270812
>coding
Meme career and most of the work is outsourced to India
>>
>>77271274
That's fine. Learn what you need on your own. Your just there for the piece of paper saying you did it.
>>
>>77271293
>Your just there for the piece of paper saying you did it.
Exactly, but in order to get that paper I have to waste 4-5 years and thousands of dollars when I already have most of the skills needed. And I have no choice because no employer will hire you without that expensive piece of paper.
>>
>>77271289
>>77271289
Everybody saying this but I wont know until I try pogchamps
>t. currently studying CS in uni and havent switched yet
>>
>>77270550
Consider becoming a teacher. It's fun and rewarding although a little stressful and sucks up your time but I'm sure that's applicable to most jobs. Barrier for entry is honestly quite low. Organization skills are not even that important; I do up all my planning for the day the morning of and can get away with it as long as I come in a few hours early. I'm not even that friendly with my colleagues (I am on r9k so I have social issues, obviously) and yeah that leads to some uncomfortable situations and a bit of drama but most of the time people act professionally if you can find a good school. You can apply for part time support roles at schools or do tutoring while you complete your degree - which basically guarantees you a job at whatever school you work part time at.

Just don't be a kiddie diddler and make sure you have a strong verbal filter so you don't spill your pol conspiracy or wojak meme beans in the classroom
>>
cant stop thinking about big fat stinky unwashed neet dicks in cute pajama pants.
>>
>>77271321
ah I thought you were getting an Associates. Well, try to network and get into some internships or something. That's the biggest advantage universities have over community College if you don't need the specific education or training. Most jobs need to train new hires almost from the ground up anyways so they aren't looking for savant or anything.
>>
>>77271321
When did it become this way that you literally need a piece of paper to be hired? Isn't skills just enough? They want skills and for you to know what you're doing instead of taking shit college and learning liberal faggot bullshit all day.
>>
i just literally TOUCHED GRASS cause im gardening and cutting through a thick, tangled mess of senpais black berry vines (NOT PUBES actual black berry vines) and yeah... i am a gardening neety
>>
>>77270688
>Unskilled labor exchanges only your time and or health so you are easily replaceable and not valuable.
dubs of truth. retail managers cope by saying they know everything by being there for 20 years but really they just answer to higher management and can't bothered to care

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.