[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 600x600bb.jpg (113 KB, 600x600)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Are nerds still a thing nowadays? Or have they being replaced with something else in the kids/teens social hierarchy?
>>
I think the new generation became entrepreneurs.
>>
Everyone is too busy scrolling TikTok to notice the nerdy kids
>>
Nerd interests are more mainstream and there are average men and chads also with nerd interests.

So regular nerds are now just incels. There really isnt a stereotypic subset anymore
>>
no, not really. Gen Z is some weird amorphous blob.
things like cliques, categorization (like nerds, burnouts, skate kids, jocks) and all that are basically a thing of the past. they still exist to some degree, but instead of it being an identity to the kid, like it was for millennials and gen x, it's simply some temporary accessory.
so, there is no longer the nerdy gen z kid, the goth gen z kid...it's "the regular gen z kid who is smart" or "the regular gen z kid who wears a black t-shirt some days"

basically, gen z is like that "build your own funko pop" (I only know of this because, unfortunately, I received a custom funko pop of me for christmas, as did my entire family because my sister is a nutjob, but the thought was really nice so I wont bitch to much)
they are, on a foundational level, all cookie cutters copies of each other. the basic mould they are crafted from is the exact same. but with different accessories.

like, those sugar cookies at the grocery store with the different-colored frosting on top. it's all the same exact flavor, but the only difference is the frosting's color.
this post is probably too long and I'm basically using each sentence to repeat myself, so I'll stop. I'm very drunk.
>t. I work at a school

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.