[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HD Pepe.jpg (211 KB, 970x824)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Growing up me and my mom had a ritual where every single day before school she'd say,
>A stands for
and I'd say, "Average," and she'd go,
>B is for
"Below average"
>C is for
"Can't have dinner"
>D is for
"Don't come home"
>and F is for
"Find a new family"
>OK, have a nice day sweetie

And then I'd get out of the car and go to school.
>>
>>77272750
huh, I hope you're not larping, that actually broke my heart a little bit from experience
>>
>>77272750
parents are what everything wrong with the world
>>
>>77272772
Nope, not larping. I only realized how fucked it was recently after thinking about it. When you say it every day throughout your childhood like that it's like the pledge of allegiance; you don't really think about it much, you just go into autopilot and say the words.
What experience are you talking about anon?

>>77272780
I mean, I do kind of understand the impulse to impose very high standards for your children but I just think it was a little misguided. Not like actively malicious.
>>
>>77272824
well, my mother got married to another man that wasn't my father when I was really young and didn't tell me about it for a while so I grew up thinking the man that was my father hated me. she blamed me for the ways he mistreated me, for "not getting along." she'd constantly threaten to send me away which at elementary school age was a very scary concept.
>>
>>77272750
For how long did this stuff go? And what was your dad doing? Clearly your mom is some sort of personality disorder
>>
>>77272750
Are you nad your family asian?
>>
>>77272862
Fuck that's brutal
Hope you managed to work through all that
>>
>>77272862
Yeesh. Sorry you had a trash mom anon.

>>77272865
All throughout elementary and middle school. Ended somewhere around junior year high school.
Never met my dad, he died on the day I was born.
She almost definitely has several compounding disorders. Probably OCD. Idk. I'm not a psychiatrist.

>>77272897
Nope. Not Asian.
>>
>>77272750
based mother
i think if my parents beat me more i wouldn't have turned out such a failure
>>
>>77272928
I'm sorry you grew up without your dad. Probably had a role in making your mom crazy as well. My dad is a loser semi-alcoholic but overall I'm still glad he was in my life until my mid 20s when he found a big booba fat roastie and divorced my mom. All because my mom wouldn't let him get drunk at home.
>>
>>77272917
we are relatively on good terms, I never see her but i've forgiven her. she feels guilty all the time about not protecting me and she's extremely aware that i'm happy right now in spite of her and not because of her. also I was supported by my aunt and my 2 little sisters so I think I had it good in the end.
I hope you too are at peace anon, it's crazy how those things seem like nothing when you're a kid living thru that shit and think how it must be normal until you realize what you went through
>>
>>77272945
My mom was strict as hell and I still ended up here, so

>>77272958
Yeah that did probably contribute to or at least exacerbate her insanity but for me, there isn't much to be sorry about to be honest. I'm actually kind of glad I only had one parent. I genuinely can't imagine having two authority figures to have to deal with and not just one, I'd have an hero'd by now. One was enough.
When did dad's drinking start? Was it something that's just always been, like before you were born?
>>
My parents were pretty much exactly like this, I got a college degree (because they forced me to) and promptly began working a shitty minimum wage job that a highschooler could do and they wonder why I refuse to talk to them anymore.
>>
>>77273000
What did you get your degree in?
>>
>>77273000
lmfao my parents were like that too and I'm in the process of disappointing them by finishing up grad school then going to medical school to become a doctor because FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.