[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 14902904930902344524.jpg (2.32 MB, 1560x2160)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
Should I finish my cs degree or do something else
>>
File: 1694737805156682.png (407 KB, 656x642)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
It depends. Do you enjoy CS? Do you enjoy a specific area of CS?
>>
>>77284988
>Do you enjoy CS?
No it's boring as shit
>Do you enjoy a specific area of CS?
I like malware reverse engineering but they don't teach that
>>
>>77285070
They dont really teach many applicable things. The degree will still be helpful for finding jobs in areas that do interest you :)
>>
>>77285119
Yeah true but people are saying the job market is really shit now so I'm not sure
>>
>>77283834
Do you have internships? Do you have any internships lined up? What are your projects like? Not school projects, because everyone has those, but personal projects. Are you doing research at Uni? Do you have certifications? How about networking? Do you have some kind of contact in the industry? How are your soft skills? You need some kind of in into the industry that isn't just blind applications on Linkedin. You'll never get a job if you don't know someone.
>>
>>77285126
Do internships first. The job market is bad but not impossible to break into. You don't need to know someone but it definitely is helpful.
>>
>>77285070
>No it's boring as shit
Why the hell did you even get into CS if you don't like it? kek

>>77285119
>They dont really teach many applicable things.
Lol? I currently work in optimizing and migrating ancient legacy software systems and I can tell you for a fact that about 90% of what I was taught in uni applies to the job.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.