[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Misaki Nakahara.jpg (15 KB, 225x350)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Do any of you have avoidant personality disorder? What's it like?
>>
>>77424974
idk if i have it i avoid psychologists
>>
>>77425000
sounds pretty avoidant to me, anon
>>
>>77424974
I do. It sucks if you're the type that cares about making friends. Good thing I don't.
>>
>>77425000
kek
>>77424974
Yeah I avoid people like they're dangerous monsters. I emerge outside at night just to avoid them
>>
is this suddenly the mentally ill peoples board? what's with the uptick of posts like this
>>
>>77424974
no i have anxiety
>Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness and worry, usually generalized and unfocused as an overreaction to a situation that is only subjectively seen as menacing.
but i'm not afraid of anything. i wish i could change reality
>>
>>77425175
>is this suddenly the mentally ill peoples board? what's with the uptick of posts like this
wow fucking newfag. This board used to be all mentally ill people
>>
>>77424974
>avoidant personality disorder
i dislike psychology because they label all abnormal behavior as a disorder. calling being avoidant a disorder implies that its pathological, which is only the case if you desire being non-avoidant but cant. i avoid people as a choice because i dont like other people and prefer my own company, its not a disorder
>>
>>77425156
Are there any people and/or situations you're more comfortable with? What's the reason behind your fear of people?
>>
>>77425215
I'm very autistic and had too many bad experiences with people, I always sweat when I'm outside or around people. Nothing to be gained from interacting with people, I'm an alien to them.
>>
>>77425204
I agree psychology is shit, but there's a difference between normal avoidance and the severity of the a avoidance in avoidant personality disorder, which causes distress and/or dysfunction which is why it's called a disorder
>>
>>77424974
Well, it's something I'd rather not have.
I often end up ghosting and abandoning people.
I can deal with surface level conversation just fine, but if I open up my inner feelings with anyone I almost always regret it and end up wanting to hide.
I crave attachments but simultaneously I destroy every opportunity to make one.
>>
>>77425194
I know. There is an uptick of these posts though
>>
File: wake up.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>77425369
mental illness is based
>>
File: IMG_20240508_123921_131.jpg (1.08 MB, 1080x1920)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>77424974
i hate dealing xith other people it's so hard it's so hard it's so hard it's so much easier to run away to nature it's the only thing worth it it doesn't judge me ever
>>
>>77425260
I was, and still am to an extent, like this. I passively shed relationships regardless of whether or not I necessarily want to. I feel no intrinsic desire to contact or interact with people, so I'm reliant on everyone else to hold up the relationship. But even then, I still have this deep-seated longing for connection that rears its head occasionally, and I'll crave attention and attachment, only to make myself feel embarrassed and vulnerable, ultimately retreating back to solitude once again.
In more recent times, I've learned to expect this behavior and to quell it before it gets the better of me.
>>
>>77425204
>i avoid people as a choice because i dont like other people and prefer my own company
That's not what it's describing. It's a condition where someone actively avoids interacting with people out of fear of being rejected and inferiority complex, whether they desire to socialize or not.
>>
>>77424974
>What's it like?
avoiding people because no one should be subjected to being near you, both physically and emotionally
>>
>>77424974
There are no clear distinctions between personality disorders because there are comorbidities. Everyone is individual. Personality disorders are defined in the American DSM5. The rest of the world uses the ICD which doesn't describe personality disorders but more distinct definitions of mental illness symptoms. I don't believe in personality disorders. It's a combination of nature and nurture.
>>
>>77424974
Kind of? How I act in real life and online are polar opposites. I am absolutely horrified of people in real life and only leave my home to buy groceries. I sometimes hide in the bathroom to stay away from my family when my anxiety grows. But in sharp contrast I can talk to people online just fine. Not only on anonymous platforms even mainstream ones like twitter. I can hold conversations just fine and never feel the urge to run away. Sometimes I even get bothered if someone doesn't respond. It's always bothered me. Am I avoidant or not? If I'm so afraid of people how come I spend most of my time online talking to random people? Part of is that I have an inferiority complex where the thought "who the fuck do you think you are to [action]" anytime I think of doing/saying anything I would consider rude. I suck up to people all the time, never asserting myself.
>>
I match the criteria but I'm just diagnosed with major depression and agoraphobia. Only saw a doctor once who prescribed meds (bupropion, actually helps) and referred me to therapy which was okay since the therapist was nice but the therapist moved onto some other job so that was cut off real fast and since I already have the meds I likely won't be contacting a doctor again and will just self medicate until I die or something.
Diagnoses don't really matter though. I know I'm fucked up and mentally ill and having a label put on me doesn't change anything. We don't understand mental illnesses well enough and especially not for personality disorders for it to be useful for a lot of people. Add in that avpd is an under researched one anyway.
>>
>>77425490
That sounds like the average post on r/avpd
>>
>>77425728
...is that good or bad? I don't use Reddit
>>
>>77424974
it sucks and i csn never have a normal relationship
>>
>>77424974
I hate it so much online I want to talk with people really badly but I can't, I always do dumb shit like indirectly asking people if they spoke about me and if they did what they spoke about me then they think I'm a weirdo and I disappear, irl I don't consider others as actual human beings so they don't really bother me that much
>>
>>77424974
rules basically mean nothing to me
i hate talking to people more than necessary - heavily favor short and concise
i hate my stupid fucking ape brain when it starts telling me "YOU GOTTA SOCIALIZE BRO!!!"
>>
File: 1695598436529832.jpg (143 KB, 1239x1255)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>77424974
I have AvPD but beware that I also have NPD, so my experience might be different from majority of AvPD people, I used to be afraid of even posting online because any insult directed at me would destroy my grandiose self, my grandiose state that I so much enjoy. Nowadays I became way more antagonistic and antisocial, if someone insults me I insult back and devalue them in my mind so their insults don't sting as much anymore, you could say I am way less avoidant but way more narcissistic now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.