[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714767166382900.jpg (38 KB, 682x628)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Why is schizoid personality disorder considered a mental illness? Usually it doesn't cause harm and suffering like other mental illnesses do. Humans don't need each other like bees or cattle do. Humans can survive on our own like hermits for example do.
>>
>>77425592
because our very existence triggers normies into coping and seething that they can't imagine a life outside the social matrix
>>
>>77425592
despite what the dsm will have you believe there are lots of schizoids out there who do feel suffering due to their symptoms, schizoid was originally conceptualized based on a sort of swaying ambivalence over desire for relationships. nowadays its characterized instead as completely rejecting any human contact and being 100% fine with it, no problem at all, however if you look past the dsm this isn't true for a lot of schizoids

i do agree though that the schizoid included in the dsm isn't exactly a disorder outside of it just being a societal deviation, which shouldnt be pathologized
>>
Jews get in a boardroom with big pharma execs and decide just how big they can make the DSM before they lose ALL credibility, and go slightly below that.

Mental illness is largely an existential and/or material issue (as in, living standards, lifestyle, relationships, etc).

Jews push a "disease model" whereby brain chemical dysfunction is posited (without testing or proof) as the casual basis behind someone's life, functioning, or existential problems, in order to profit off treating this (hypothetical - there are no chemical tests for depression, anxiety, "personality disorders") chemical dysfunction by "treating" it with dangerous, addictive, and expensive drugs.
>>
>>77425691
eh DBT is recommended for personality disorders precisely because there is no recognized treatment or cure, not sure how true the scheming jews perspective is
>>
psychiatry is a pseudoscience, there's no reason to pay attention to it
>>
>>77425592
Because it lowers your quality of life and impedes you from functioning normally in society
t. diagnosed schizoid
>>77425618
>>77425691
>>77425724
retards
>>
>>77425741
speak for yourself, i'm sitting pretty with a high paying job enjoying my hobbies without anyone bothering me
>>
>>77425741
>retards
says the guy with a mental disability, kill yourself you fucking jew slave
>>
>>77425592
Because introversion got dropped as a diagnosis code from the ICD-10. Schizoid is now where the old code maps to. https://www.icd10data.com/Convert/301.21

Don't worry though: they're planning to add it back soon. The media hitpieces have been in circulation for YEARS now.
>>
>>77425753
Let me guess, you're self diagnosed?
you're like those 2010s tumblerinas who think they have depression
>>
>>77425772
>>Let me guess, you're self diagnosed?
Self diagnosis is just as "real" as psychiatric diagnoses. They literally just give you a personality test and ask you to circle bubbles to determine what disease you have. Real medical profession btw lol
>>
File: 1715195363097122.jpg (74 KB, 576x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>77425592
William spotted
Ballistic Intercontinental Missle deployed
>>
>>77425741
lowers your quality of life because of what? refusal to conform to a society that says you must behave a certain way?
>>
>>77425784
Thats not how diagnosis work you absolute fucking buffoon, it takes months if not years to diagnose someone with a PD
>>
>>77425795
>it takes months if not years to diagnose someone
Just like real medicine, takes years to diagnose a disease using the doctor's intuition
>>
>>77425795
>it takes months if not years to diagnose someone with a PD
laughable, most psychs will diagnose you in a 30 min session
also, PDs have immense overlap with other disorders, theres no definitive boundary between them, diagnostic labels are bullshit
>>
>>77425791
Schizoid isn't just being a loner, its a real disease with real world implications
I used to be a fairly smart kid with a bright future before it started developing in my teens and now I live a miserable life working minimum wage, I have certain hobbies and things I'm good at, but because of this fucking thing I just can't do them, because I either lack the motivation due to apathy or because the job requires interaction and I can't interact properly with people
>>
>>77425830
You've never been to a shrink in your entire life, its so easy to tell when someone is talking out of their ass about the mental health system
I have my problems with it considering my history of being in it since 12 years old, but them slapping diagnosis on someone within 30 minutes, let alone a life altering one like schizoid, is not true
>>
>>77425841
im borderline schizoid myself (diagnosed avoidant with significant schizoid symptoms) and my life is much the same, i am very much impaired, but i recognize that the definition of schizoid in the dsm is not inherently pathological as it stands, it describes an individual who doesn't conform to societal expectations due to intense need for solitude and lack of desire, but these traits arent inherently harmful for many of the individuals who get diagnosed, theres nothing inherently wrong if the individual is fine being the way they are, which many diagnosed schizoids are
>>
>>77425741
Why care about 'muh society'? You can buy a cabin in the wood and live off of foraging and hunting by yourself.
>>
>>77425852
i have been to 5. i have been to 5 psychiatrists. all of them, every single god damn one, has diagnosed me with an assortment of conditions in at least 45 minutes. you are the one talking out of your fucking ass. i dont know what type of money you have to access a doctor that actually gives a shit, but lucky you.
>>
>>77425852
It's absolutely true of psychiatrists, they have a simple evaluation process. Psychologists will take longer but psychology is even less of a real science, all based on patient reported data and like 70% of their studies can't be reproduced
>>
>>77425786
That's Billiam not William
>>
>>77425885
And do tell me anons, what conditions did they diagnose you with? was it anxiety and depression? or was it an actual PD? because one of these three takes way more time to diagnose than the others, I got slapped a depression and social anxiety after the first meeting with my shrink, but it took literal months to later diagnose me with schizoid
>>77425881
because I don't want to be homeless, as bad as society is for me and as much as I don't want to parttake in it I have to in order to live
>>
>>77425691
>>77425756
Prove it's da jooz
>>
File: 1695498462667695.jpg (83 KB, 1024x724)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>77425905
Sorry i have face blindness, please understand.
>>
>>77425917
I have been diagnosed with:
OCD
agoraphobia
avoidant personality disorder
major depression
panic disorder
social phobia
r/o schizoid personality disorder

all in the span of at least an hour session. a fucking hour. and you wanna know what my doctors before that did? the same god damn fucking thing. dont know what type of delusion reality youre living in, but its not the real world. psych diagnosis is bullshit anyway, and i know youre a bumbling retard just from you acting like they reflect actual pathologies instead of just subjective abstract constructs.
>>
>>77425917
>because I don't want to be homeless
Buying or building a cabin or small house in the middle of nowhere shouldn't be beyond your capability.
>>
>>77425592
Literally nothing I do gets me closer to pussy
>go on dating apps
0 matches
>try /soc/
Crazy bad bitches that unadds you after one day + non near me
>try going out
Nothing happens
You need to be in some kinda social circle to get pussy Literally the only way and if you're not in one you may aswell just give up
>>
>>77425957
>psych diagnosis is bullshit
Yes, and no. Yes the criteria is bullshit, but the life-altering consequences aren't.
>>
>>77425888
WHERE DO YOU HAVE "all based on patient reported data and like 70% of their studies can't be reproduced" FROM?
>>
>>77425985
yes, i agree. im not here to say mental illness is not real, but acting like there are genuine boundaries between these constructs is idiotic. it is all
>>
>>77425795
wow, how convenient for the pill pushing psych kikes
>>
File: 1691372660990974.png (83 KB, 1092x374)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>77425989
The Reproducibility Project: Psychology began in November 2011, finished primary data collection in December 2014, and published a summary of the results in August 2015. The project was coordinated by the Center for Open Science. Replication teams followed a research protocol and received logistical assistance as they collected materials, identified the key finding for replication, ran their experiment, conducted analyses, and reported their findings.
>>
>>77425989
Here's two of a gorillion, in reputable journals no less:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30673512/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26348332/
These are some pretty well-known basic facts to anyone who has ever engaged with the medical/scientific field. Hell, what stronger evidence do you need that even the APA (American Psychological Association), the field's premier journal that should be shilling the "shrinks dindunuffins" line the hardest is saying there is a problem?
>>
>>77425957
What if you are just a very mentally ill individual and it doesn't take much to conclude it? Usually you don't need multiple sessions with a regular doctor to get diagnosed arthritis or cancer.
>>
>>77426046
im not denying the fact the diagnoses may be accurate, im just trying to make a point that saying doctors will NEVER diagnose someone unless theyve evaluated them for months is fucking laughable. 99% of all doctors will send you on your way with drugs in the span of 20 minutes.
>>
>>77425998
The real redpill is we're almost at the level of USSR weaponized psychiatry as a way to discredit people. It's not formalized (top-down) nowadays though, more like a label people use and abuse each other with. Look how casually people, particulary the useless zoomernigger generation, claim "you're mentally ill" and therefore need to be silenced, or that they self-dx with bullshit to absolve themselves of any responsibility what so ever. That is just part of all the therapyspeak drivel that has been shat all over the public discourse nowadays that makes even the most vapid freshman "introduction to psychology" student seem like sigmund fucking freud.
>>
>>77426046
>Usually you don't need multiple sessions with a regular doctor to get diagnosed arthritis or cancer
because those are real diseases with measurable physical symptoms

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.