[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703967903552761.jpg (181 KB, 1096x1364)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
I went to mall of America since I was visiting my cousins

It's one of the biggest malls in the world but I just felt empty

Most of stores were generic in the end it didn't live up to its experience

Anyone else ever felt like this when traveling
>>
>>77997761
consumerism is soulless, amazing that you needed this experience to realize it
>>
>>77997761
>this cracka thought
you go mall shopping with your friends even with just one its what makes an experience not like by yourself when you go shop for dinner ingredients
>>
For sure. Eventually you stop getting your hopes up for man-made tourist attractions. Big mall is just a big mall. Tall building is just a tall building. Government building is just a government building. Et cetera.
>>
>>77997761
>It's one of the biggest malls in the world but I just felt empty

because everything can be bought in the comfort of your own home nowadays
you have 0 reason to go anywhere
>>
>>77997761
I've never been there, but the age of the mall has long passed. I have to imagine it was more impressive years ago.
>>
>>77997761
I had "Paris syndrome" when visiting the UK for the first time last summer. I'm a big Anglophile bc it's my ethnicity and even though I had seen all the memes on here, I was still shocked when I came into the airport and saw tons of pakis and Africans staffing the place. Luckily the rest of the trip wasn't like that, especially because I spent most of it in the countryside and I loved it. But I get what you mean.
>>
>>77997761
its a lot more fun at night when theres no one there and you can just run around
>>
>>77997761
cant take a vacation from myself, wherever I go, my troubles comes with me.
I'm just paying money to be sad and miserable somewhere else.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.