[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708473939646253.jpg (199 KB, 1200x675)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Apparently I cant go to the 4th BBQ this year because I was accused of stealing food

I brought Tupperware and brought food home how is this wrong if I am an invited guest?
>>
>>78006303
This sounds too ghetto to be good or worthwhile.
>>
>>78006314
It was someone I used to work with always invited me, last year they were all pissy cause I didnt stay long and brought home food for later. It was too hot to enjoy last year so I left
>>
>>78006303
lmfao wtf kind of party is this? Nearly every cookout I've been invited to the hosts have to BEG the guests to bring shit home just so they won't have to deal with leftovers. Hell, they sometimes even ask up front in the invitation.
>>
>>78006444
I think they were mad I stayed like 20 mins and filled my shit up and left dunno really.
>>
>>78006303
It's something niggers do. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're autistic.

>It is generally considered rude to take home food that you didn't bring from potluck scenarios, doubly so if you did not bring food yourself. The whole point of these communal food-events is a spirit of giving to contribute to the community

>showing up with tupperware shows that you intend to take more than you need and is a sign that you are not considerate of community element of the event, everyone loses money but in the end the cost of feeding that number of people is widely distributed, again signaling the cohesion of the group. Again doubly so if you did not contribute

generally it means you're selfish and inconsiderate. You probably could take one extra portion home if you asked "oh your casserole was so good, can I have some for the road?" But if you are taking home more than one extra meal's worth, you are a parasite of the generosity of the group to feed yourself and they were right to not invite you back.
>>
>>78006473
I was invited and entitled to the food provided its not like i just walked in randomly and took others food not designated for me
>>
>>78006485
well have fun not being invited to events I guess
>>
>>78006303
Where do live? All the parties I've been to, family ones, people get told to take food home because we always make more than enough and if you don't bring anything to carry it then you're shit out of luck.
>>78006473
>no you can't take any food home you fucking parasite
kekaroo
>>
>>78006500
I live on the east coast
>>
>>78006688
I also live on the East Coast faggot I asked WHERE. I live in a poor part of Florida so maybe poor people are just less stingy.
>>
>>78006752
In New Jersey The Garden state
>>
>>78006314
>too good(or worthwhile) to be true

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.