[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696264090591274.jpg (46 KB, 720x660)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Would r9k be interested in starting a book club ?

I'm sort of lonely and I'd like to read a book with a group of frens and talk about it
>>
File: 1719110745655143.jpg (33 KB, 375x375)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>78008959
What's the book called?
>>
>>78008959
Aren't there any websites where dis can be done? (a private book club)
Or maybe we should start a /general/
>>
probably wouldn't have the motivation to read, sorry bros
>>
>>78008984
>>78009009
Interested :Ego and Archetype: Individuation and the Religious Function of the Psyche
>>
>>78009024
Psychoanalysis? Ugh... hard pass for me, bud. You do you, though. You do you
>>
>>78008959
Sure, but we start with graphic novels like Watchmen or V for Vendetta.
>>
i'd like to join boob club
>>
OOOH OHHH, if you're into isekai or other world/semi-fantasy, here's a good one.

The Destroyermen series is quite good, haven't read past book 3because of work and my time management but I've started on 4. I'd rate the series to the point of my knowledge as a 8/10.

It's about the crew of the USS Walker and USS Mahan being swept into an alternate universe where the KT Extinction event never happened 66MYA. They meet with giant human sized sentient lemurs named Lemurians who are borderline extinct because a humanoid species of hyper-carnivorous evolved Dromaeosaurids named Grik have taken the planet over and kill everything living for sport.

Like I said, I haven't read past book 3, but I've heard that it basically becomes a multiverse mash past book 3 when it's revealed there's an alternate Hawaii as an odd alternate British Empire and rabdom people, and military objects from various centuries are slowly swept into the planet.

Also there's a spinoff series called Artillery Men the author just started on.
>>
>>78009024
Sounds interesting. Where do you get old books now that Archive.org is cucked?
>>
>>78008959
You think i read books, lil nigga?
>>
>>78009024
yeah sure drop a discord or somethin
>>
>>78009290
You read the internet all day. At least with books the good stuff is more concentrated and you don't have to scroll through slop.
>>
>>78009288
Libgen >>78009302
b6Jwp78x

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.