[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: img-Oy9HCqyoYWv6EIVJhYnAw.jpg (877 KB, 1024x1792)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
What's wrong with owning a human being
>>
>>78012032
I mean corporate debt slavery seems okay? Settle for that I guess.
>>
>>78012032
Denies natural rights as your body is your property to taking your body without your consent is theft. Also freedom of association because you are forced to interact with someone even if you don't want to and some more.
>>
>>78012052
>Denies natural rights
such a thing does not exist
>>
>>78012032
Just seems like such a hassle. You have to make sure they don't run away and stuff. Better to convince the wageslaves that they are actually free and even to convince them that only government counts as oppression and everything else is done for fun.
>>
>>78012032
Why do you think you have the right to own another man? Not in an angry way, just genuinely asking.
>>
File: img-MuwqjthHXXHjVPTfTIsk5.jpg (605 KB, 1280x1024)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>78012125
Why do you think that you have a right to own a car?
>>
>>78012032
Would you find being a slave objectionable?
>>
>>78012174
A car is not alive. A car cannot think or feel, it is not capable of intelligent thought. It is quite literally an object.
>>
File: img-VIueK29KczPO0XE4qeLwh.jpg (917 KB, 1024x1792)
917 KB
917 KB JPG
>>78012196
So I can't own a pet?
>>
File: Market Slave Girls.jpg (129 KB, 1100x1080)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>78012032
It's okay to own slave girls, but they need company.
>>
>>78012032
>Why is slavery wrong?
Christian morality
>>
>>78012205
You could argue that, yes. I think it's a bit different because animals are not on the same level of emotional intelligence as humans, but it is kinda fucked up how you can buy and own a living creature. You didn't answer why you think you can own another man.
>>
>>78012273
i feel like owning a woman is not the same as a man since women are not as intelligent as humans too
>>
>>78012032
Imagine being so low that only the fantasy of a slave can seem even slightly close to a realistic chance of sex.
>>
>>78012492
Let's not be mean to those women.
>>
>>78012462
Oh were we talking about women? That changes things then, I was under the impression it was a male slave. Women are at best animals and at worst objects so yeah you can own them.
>>
"Wrong" is subjective. Slavery isn't somehow below the usual humannigger violence, hedonism, and greed. Actually, it plays logically into those things; if you can threaten enough violence, why not fulfill biological urges or enrich an empire using their labour? This isn't a gotcha.
It's probably just economically inconvenient to have people be slaves in the modern era, which if the case would be two-fifths of why laws actually prohibit it. Not an economist, but slaves don't buy anything, and I imagine free men (or, slaves with income and the freedom to go homeless instead of being beat to death) with at least the inkling of better prospects through their work are more productive.
>>
>>78012032
I'm not sure slavery is wrong. This is a morally normative position you would need to support in one way or another. Why have some populations of humans invented the gattling gun and enslaved others? This question would seem to me to pose an uncomfortable premise that undermines the probable foundation of OP's question: the equality of all people

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.