[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712214180474712.png (40 KB, 193x188)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
I grew out of video games
>>
Same here. I'm kind of surprised that it happened. Sometimes I'll still play a strategy game.
>>
>>78013613
What do you do now instead? I'm growing bored of Vidya but I don't have anything else to replace it.
>>
>>78013842
I picked up running and have lost 50 pounds in the last 8 months
>>
>>78013856
That's nice for you but I don't think running is really a hobby with the same timesink potential as vidya. Maybe I should get into reading again.
>>
>>78013628
i disconnected my gaming pc and use my
laptop with A monitor now.
threw my gamjng pc in my closet.
Gaming and my overall reaction to shit has caused nothing but problems in my life so i just want nothing to do with it any more
>>
>>78013871
>>78013952(me)
>Maybe I should get into reading again.

that's what i started doing
currently reading fairy tale by stephen king
probably gonna read the Jackson Crawford "Saga of the Volsungs" next
>>
File: killua12.jpg (33 KB, 500x500)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>78013613
Well it doesn't help that storytelling was always subpar in media, it was probably it's best in books. Television i.e movies, film, series, whatever always have glaring flaws in them when you go back and rewatch them. Storytelling in video games is even worse. So that makes singleplayer/storydriven video games probably the worst version of it. Then if you look at multiplayer games, your casual or quickplay experience is arguably the worst way to learn and pickup multiplayer games. The best way to learn is to look at maps from a top-down perspective and then practice scenarios repetitively. You just have to hope the devs don't introduce a concept or a niche strategy to the game that waters it down and ruins the experience. Overall, the reason why gaming is easy to outgrow nowadays is because with older titles, you're basically gambling that the devs don't Jew their audience hard and penny pinch you and ruin the game, then with new games you have to hope that devs don't come out the gates a bunch of grubby kikes trying to make money. Its just money money money, thats what ruins games. Its no longer about making a good experience, its about making money. No one game devs anymore because they love playing games and have fun, they game dev because they can either be a grunt and make a 6-figure salary, or be a ceo and make a 7-figure salary.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.