[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (4).jpg (59 KB, 554x554)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
If you were going to be born into a happy life, but you weren't born because your parents decided to be childfree, would that be a bad thing for you?
>>
No? You wouldn't realize what you missed out on.
Also
>assuming there is a such thing as a happy life
lol lmao even
>>
>>78017084
If the parents choose to be childfree because the alternative would mean them being miserable, you too would be miserable as a consequence of their misery.
>>
>>78017102
But I think its normal to say that if two genetically subhuman retards were going to have a baby (you), and you'd have all kinds of genetic diseases and suffer a lot and die early, but they didn't, then that WOULD be a good thing for you? Because you'd avoid the harms of that life.

Then why is missing a good life not a bad thing for you?
>>
>>78017084
>you weren't born because your parents decided to be childfree, would that be a bad thing for you
It would have saved me from my current miserable existence.
>>
>>78017148
Because not existing at all is still much better than living a "good life"
Simple
>>
>>78017230
But you're just depressed and most people don't think that way
>>
>>78017084
Yeah, that would be bad for me, but it doesn't matter, since I was never born and therefore am one of many entities in timelines that never were.
>>
>>78017148
If born into a bad life, you are aware of the suffering you experience. If you're never born, you aren't aware of the joys you might have experienced. The awareness is the difference.
>>
>>78017497
But think about a potential being who would be certain to live an awful life. Is it good for them to remain unborn?
>>
>>78017084
What if I thought about rolling a die and maybe it came up six? Should I feel bad for not rolling the die? Should the die feel bad that it was never cast?
>>
>>78017084
>pic rel
Omg did they die?
>>
>>78017497
But if you're not born into a bad life, there's no awareness of your 'benefit' or avoidance of the bad life, so how is it a good thing?

>>78017903
Just sleeping
>>
>>78017687
Yes. It would also be best for a person who would have a "good" life to remain unborn. All life will inevitably ends in suffering and pain. The joys of their life comes from fulfilling desires that wouldn't exist if they weren't born.
>need to eat food
>need to have sex
>need to feel like you belong
etc.
It's the absense, the craving, that makes you feel rewarded when you temporarily relieve the want. But the wants and needs never end. Nothing is ever enough. These desires wouldn't have existed if they weren't born. Nothing is lost by not being born.
>>
Guys what I'm getting at is we think if a bad life is avoided by not being born, we think that's a good thing.

But we think if a good life is avoided we're just like "meh" who gives a shit? Nothing exists to miss out so whatever.

But then that makes no sense. Because nothing also exists to be benefitted from 'missing out' on the suffering in the bad life. We should just say "meh who gives a shit" to the bad life avoided. But we don't, we think it's good when ugly retards with genetic diseases don't breed. Because their possible baby would suffer. Whereas if Chad and Stacy don't have a baby we don't think omg there's a nonexistent mogbaby missing out on his moglife!!
>>
>>78017955
So would you say pains are intrinsically bad but pleasures are not intrinsically good?
>>
>>78017989
I'm saying pleasure only exists because you get a reprieve from a want or need that is causing you to suffer. It's loosening the biological chains on your body for a moment. It's a temporary relief. You don't choose what you want, your body makes you want it. Pleasures are short lived and you need to work for them, pain is guaranteed, longer lasting, and more intense.
>>
>>78017989
They're good in the way that paying a protection racket is "good" if the alternative is they burn your place down. It's "good" because you were given a body that needs to do these things.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.