[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1607579830312.jpg (117 KB, 1810x1116)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Anyone else starting to regret spending their childhood on the internet.
>>
>>78017382
No, I got to experience the peak years of TF2 while I was still able to enjoy things and I wouldn't trade that for the world.
>>
>>78017418
>>78017382
I spent a lot of time IRL and online and enjoyed the best and worst of both worlds. Somehow I turned into a semi-functional adult.
>>
>>78017382
Made me smarter and able to integrate into the normosphere much better
>>
File: brendarn.jpg (64 KB, 456x320)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>78017382
half and half. had i not turned out e-tarded i would've turned into white trash that does drugs. it helped me retain friends over long distances while going to another school. this is the only reason i have friends, i've never made a friend myself i only have childhood ones
>>
>>78017382
I played 2006 maplestory and it was amazing, no regrets there. Now on the other hand being so ugly that I missed out on teenage love....
>>
what the fuck else would i have done? become a normalfag?
>>
>>78017487
>become a normalfag?
unironically yes
>play sports outside
>go bike riding
>do normie shit
>go to malls and stuff
>>
>>78017382
No. I like being outside, when the outside is the woods or the beach. I don't like being outside when the outside is asphalt, cars, apartment buildings and people. So many people.
The internet is much more enjoyable.
>>
File: 1669781870497256.png (311 KB, 1063x1063)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>78017382
Nope. Internet was my way of coping growing up in a dysfunctional household. I'm convinced that had I not had internet or videogames, I'd still more or less ended up the way that I am today, if not worse. Being cooped up in my room jerking it to catgirls or some shit has definitely kept me from nutting in some 5/10 uggos who were looking to babytrap me my freshman and sophomore years of high school, so the internet at least kept me from ruining my own life.

Also, bump.
>>
>>78017382
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to but I still think it was the better choice given my circumstances
I probably never would've escaped fundamentalist christianity, my narcissistic parents, or the shitty dead-end place I grew up in otherwise
>>
>>78018290
>nutting in some 5/10 uggos who were looking to babytrap me my freshman and sophomore years of high school
living the dream
>>
>>78017382
it's always been other people keeping from spending all of my time online. I definitely regret not having any friends IRL.
>>
>>78017382
I'm a millennial. I didn't start wasting my life on the Internet until High School when I started playing WoW around 2006.
>>
>>78017518
No one else where I lived or knew was doing this shit. The internet was pretty much the only place of escape for outliers and outcasts before it became normalfag friendly.
>>
File: Riker.jpg (59 KB, 800x568)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>78017382
Internet in the 90s was way too slow and lacking in contact to spend all your time on it. I mostly spent my childhood riding bicycles and going to arcades.
>>
File: slowlain.jpg (96 KB, 338x489)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>78017382
>>78019035
*lacking in *content*
>>
>>78017382
Yes. I'm a social outcast now thanks to the internet. All my parent's fault.
>>
yeah. i've just been stuck on the computer more or less all day every day since i was like 8. 24 now, no IRL friends at all. i really wish i made more of my childhood and teen years. i feel like i don't exist. i don't think almost anyone from my childhood would remember me, or only barely. kinda sucks
>>
File: IMG_7863.png (267 KB, 785x757)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>78017382
it is what it is man.
Best we can do now is just hold on if and while we can
>>
>>78017382
Maybe a little bit. Back then it was a choice as going outside to make friends was still viable. Now there is no alternative to being on the internet
>>
>>78017382
not really because i know i would've retreated into myself in some other way. i'm happy my childhood and school in general is out of my life now
>>
>>78017382
I was raised by a poor single mom so it was over before it even began
>>
Id i could go back and stay off the computer, I would
>>
It mostly affected my HS and college years, mostly just college. In HS I did wrestling until junior year and I went for jogs all the time, also had some friends. Gaming and anime mostly blocked me from expanding my social life at school. By age 25 I haven't been here by choice, it really is best to move away from the internet someday. Go outside and explore places, never too late
>>
>>78017382
I never had a choice. You think I would've willfully chosen this fate over being a popular, happy normalfaggot?
I also regret not being born into money.
>>
>>78017382
I have always regretted my childhood even when I was living it, but I could do nothing to change it. I didn't even learn how to ride a bike or throw a ball as a kid since my parents dropped me in front of PC and stopped caring.
>>
>>78019434
I had a very similar experience. I remember in the 5th grade I was worried all the time since my only real friend was going to go to another school and I was already a weird kid so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make any friends. I ended up making some, but we were only one step above the speds. I also knew very early that I was going to be an incel, and unfortunately there was no saving grace there.
>>
>>78017382
i regret posting a bunch of posts on here yeah, what's the point of posting something clever and witty when you won't even get a (You) saying "kek" or "based" and it's not like my bitching on /pol/ or making threads about topics i'm barely interested in (but it's interesting at the time when geeked on stims)

the internet should be for buying food, drugs, crypto, toys, clothes etc & providing educational content and building a brand that doesn't rely on acting like a tard/whore on instagram/tiktok
>>
>>78017382
Don't worry bro, almost every zoomer grew up that way. It's natural
>>
File: 1608589055808.jpg (137 KB, 1080x1025)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>78017382
Childhood, no. Teen years and twenties, yes.
>>
File: 1716741071201445.png (108 KB, 287x349)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>78018534
teenage pregnancy followed by divorce rape in western courts followed by continuing the cycle of damning an innocent soul by yanking it from the void to trap it inside corporeal flesh bound to our nightmare reality is not what i like to do for fun, anon
>>
>>78019587
Change this to 07-08 and it would be spot on kek
>>
>>78017418
Based, the years of early FPS games were amazing. I regret a lot of things about my childhood, but I'm glad I got to experience the HL1 and HL2 MP scene and all the mods. TFC, CS, NS, DoD, etc. That level of sheer soul will probably never exist again. You can play all those old games now in SP but the multiplayer will never be the same.
It would've been good to spend a little less time on it, but missing out completely? Nah. It would be like growing up in Shakespeare's time and not going to see his plays live because theater is for losers. That shit was history.
>>
>>78017518
I did all that and still ended up here. Stop worshiping normal nigger shit faggot. You will never be one.
>>
>>78019973
Or ya know, could have just worn a condom like 10s of millions of teenagers do and gotten to experience teenage love. But I'm sure the boogeyman in your head are a good enough experience to cope with wasted youth
>>
>>78019105
This.
You can't takebacksies, just weather the storm now and hope it gets better
>>
>>78019191
iktf. my childhood friends had stable enough households growing up and all possess valuable traits whereas i have none. i imagine they only stick around me almost like having a pet, similar to the "ugly girl" in friend groups

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.