[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1509585275631.jpg (60 KB, 965x550)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
How do I silence the deep inner voice telling me that a girlfriend is the solution to my problems?
This is depresssing, I can't go to bed without crying because it's constantly reminding me.
>>
>>78020167
at least it's not the voice that tells you violent suicide is the solution.
>>
>>78020176
I'll get there someday I feel, it creeps in sometimes but not as much as tfw no gf
>>
>>78020167
My solution is to balance out those thoughts. Let's assume "the solution to all my problems" is the best case scenario. Now try to imagine what would be the worst case scenario of getting a girlfriend. For example something like
>Everything went great at first but she was actually cheating on you the whole time and she got pregnant with chad's baby and is threatening to accuse you of rape unless you raise the baby plus she gave you an incurable std and drained all your money
something that is a worst case scenario for you but is not entirely unimaginably actually happening. Now ask yourself what would likely actually happen if you got a girlfriend? It would probably not be the best case or worst case scenario but somewhere in the middle, an interaction with a flawed person that would be exciting at first but once the novelty wore off you would have to deal with each other's problems and so on.
You'll still want a girlfriend of course but hopefully now the desperation and depression should be lessened

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.