[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it just me, or does the WWII arc feel like it was supposed to be the series finale, and everything that's happened since has just been post-script seasons with the writers pulling stuff out of their ass? The Cold War arc was kind of neat, but it never really went anywhere. Then there was that filler arc of the 90s which didn't really do anything at all. The War on Terror arc was fine I guess, but it was kind of lame to end with the protagonists just giving up. Now the main focus seems to be internal conflict in the United States along with shit in Israel & Palestine and Russia and Ukraine? It's obvious that the writers have no idea where they want to take this season.
>>
>>78025781
Nigger we're living a reboot with Avengers Infinity War budgets and we don't have a clear protagonist, we're just surrounded by antagonists.

It's the journey, not just the destination, and our arcs are within ourselves. We are the damn book.

I can clearly tell we're gonna get a Hitler soon, as someone assassinates Trump as he wins the presidency, and Biden is just sent to a retirement home to be milked dry of money and die.

I predict Newsom would be the Hitler of this reboot, except we can clearly tell he's in the game for himself rather than For The People.

Either way, I'm glad to be a cast member.
>>
File: 1397602694580.jpg (13 KB, 221x235)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>It's another "OP thinks History=War" thread
>>
the internet has conveyed the remnants of post WW2 sentiments and online media has never made more sense
>>
>>78025781
It seems like they're kind of hinting at America becoming the big bad of the next arc, but I think it's a bit cliche for the overpowered protagonist to go to the dark side for no real reason.
>>
File: IMG_2794.jpg (69 KB, 697x608)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
People who say arc are dumbasses
>>
Ur not heccin worth da silly Ugandan chungusorino awardino with VIP Reddit Gold.
Shacking my damn smdh what the friggin hecc is wong wit u uwu???
>>
>>78025802
War has been the default state of humanity for most of recorded history.
>>
File: 1425496802216.jpg (40 KB, 374x386)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>78025929
holy shit you're dumber than I thought.
maybe get your history from other places than youtube.
>>
>>78025808
But who would be the protagonist if America becomes the big bad? Would they make it Britain again? They've been a bit of a butt-monkey lately.
>>
>>78025800
It'll be entertaining, that's for sure.
>>
>>78025781
The game of war has always been convoluted and the writers didn't really know what they wanted to do with the story and I'm pretty sure everything was just written 5 minutes before they shot the scene.
It does seem like we got new writters after ww2 and they think that misery spanning generations and a slow burning story is cooler than a massive confrontation between the strongest factions.

I'm just really hoping they figure their shit out by the time the long awaited sequel to ww2 gets released.
>>
They're setting the stage for phase 3, just be patient and let them cook.
>>
>>78026528
Yeah, the show is getting a little boring honestly. They keep teasing us with potential awesome story arcs, but they never happen. Maybe they don't have the budget for it? Or maybe they're too scared of changing the show's status quo?
>>
>>78026543
They'd better do something interesting eventually
>>
>>78028045
ww3 will be next, creating a satisfying trilogy to the human-war phase. at the end of ww3, aliens invade and all of humanity must unite against them. stay tuned.
>>
>>78028149
If they make that the series finale I guess the show will have been worth it
>>
>>78025802
lmfao you have no idea how common this has been for several decades now. The "useless overeducated barista" with a gorillion buxx in student debt has been replaced with the class chudjak.jpg when people think of "history majors". In some company, it's not even safe to admit to remembering things that happened more than 2 weeks, or a news cycle, ago.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.