[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718893874247193.jpg (651 KB, 1343x1903)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
How do people draw lines of variable thickness and stuff, ill never be able to draw loli if i cant even make a simple line properly
>>
>>78254570
I think they usually use a tablet with a pressure-sensitive stylus. There's some way to emulate that with a mouse but I forget how
>>
>>78254653
I have a tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus it just doesnt really work as well and i dont know when to make lines thicker..
>>
>>78254788
Oh, well in that case I'm not sure what else to suggest, I guess it might just be a matter of practicing more? Dunno, but I hope you figure it out anon
>>
>>78254570
"Variable line thickness" is not a thing you should focus on in improving you art but rather control. If you want to improve your lines start hitting those drawabox exercises
>>
>>78254788
you mean literally or like, you can't control it?
if it's literally, much like your cock, your sensibility is fucked up, except you can calibrate your tablet and nothing is fixing your deathgrip
>>
>>78254846
doing that is like doing math homework, i already play runescape and even i dont want to do those over and over
most lines are curves anyway, i suck at curves
>>
>>78254846
>"Variable line thickness" is not a thing you should focus on in improving you art but rather control.
this, also line weight is what you're looking for OP
>>
>>78254788
This is a common issue, pen pressure not working. Look up a guide. Or perhaps you're using the wrong kind of brush in your art program.
>>
i found the setting but what do you even set this to
>>
File: 1691413579008216.png (8 KB, 422x343)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>78254949
forgot pic of my pressure whatevers
>>
>>78254890
i dont deathgrip my penis actually, no ed for me
>>
>>78254911
Guess what nigger, can't count your money if you dont know how to add. Before you draw ur shitty cunny art do a page of drawabox shit (lines, boxes, perspective) do build muscle memory. The only way to improve is to practice. Do the boring repetition shit now so you wont have to in 6 months. You don't need to spend an hour drawing boxes everyday but you should spend at least a few minutes doing so before you draw.
>>
>>78254966
probably set it as the same as that white curve or according to your preference.
>>
>>78255000
i spent like half a week drawing lines for a couple hours a day at least a while ago and then stopped trying to draw because i was tired of just drawing lines and lines and boxes and boxes
i am bad at 135 degree and 315 degree lines because the pen is either going away or towards my hand which makes it a bit harder to go longer distances
im not really sure how you fix that but it ends up affecting how well i draw curves as well, speaking of id really rather practice curves
>>78255033
the white curve is drawn according to wear those little squares are
>>
>>78254570
making good looking lines is just about practice m8, it's one of the things in art that takes longest to get good at
literally just try every kind of brush/pen and experiment and study your favorite artists, there's literally nothing else to it
>>
>>78255050
>i spent like half a week drawing lines for a couple hours a day at least a while ago and then stopped trying to draw because i was tired of just drawing lines and lines and boxes and boxes
This is where you failed, you're not supposed to spend a couple hours a day for half a week. You're only supposed to do it as a warmup before you draw the thing you want to draw. Doing it for hours on end achieves nothing but burnout. Anyways id not focus too much on curves since curves are basically broken up lines. If you're struggling to do long strokes then you need to focus on having better line mechanics first. Even if you had perfect pressure settings (like using a real calligraphy pen) if your lines suck your art sucks. Godspeed on your journey i hope you heed this advi
>>
>>78255240
Ah i see.. when i say long strokes i mean 135 and 315 degree long strokes i guess, its better if i do them with my arm instead of my wrist though, im never sure when to use which
you say curves are just broken up lines but they really dont feel that way when you draw them, its making that gradual adjustment to curve properly that always trips me up
>>
>>78254570
damn this nigger is retarded
i learnt how to do that at like 12 naturally
>>
>>78255740
i am a bit slow but at least im trying

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.