[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there a difference between being STEM smart and literature/humanities smart? People often assume that liberal arts students are just avoiding math and pursuing "meme degrees" while society celebrates thinkers, philosophers, and psychologists. So, I'm curious: is it true that only smart people do STEM and less intelligent people do literature, or does each field have its own intellectuals?
>>
>>78256913
Just so you know, philosophy is closer to natural sciences than humanities. When you say smart, what I reckon the answer you actually searching for is which one is more capable/impactful/profitable. Regardless of whether we are talking about humanities or sciences, both have tons of extremely valuable members that have done an impact on our society. However, I would be lying if I did not believe natural sciences are more valuable if I had to choose
>>
>>78256913 The real high IQ individual don't separate knowledge. He learns everything.
>>
>>78256913
Usually when someone is 'avoiding math' they don't have rich primary qualities, like texture over surface. You can apply good judgment to all sorts of kinds of fields of human knowledge.
>>
>>78256913
Semi related, but I always found it hilarious how American conservatives are pretty much anti academia and humanities to be more precise yet a lot of them love the Greek/roman philosopher aesthetic and can't stop bitching about how people in the past were smarter than us and they had it all figured out.
>>
File: 1721770352948222.jpg (149 KB, 900x900)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>78256913
STEM requires analytical skills and autism
Actually making art requires parts of STEM knowledge, a bit of insanity, and some skills

Literature/humanities is just looking at art/people and grouping them in boxes

I believe the difference is quite clear
>>
>>78257330
>STEM requires analytical skills and autism
>Autism
And that's ladies and gentlemen why stem is dead, normalfags entering stem thinking it'll get them become millionaires quick and universities lowering the entrance and graduating requirements are the reason why we don't get new cool shiny things anymore.
>>
>>78256913
It depends. Philosophy can be extremely difficult and complex on par with complex mathematics. But at these high levels both become nonsense.
>>
>>78257370
STEM is dead?
>>
>>78256913
There are too many STEMcels in this world, and too many anthropology girls as well. The only way you'll provide any unique intellectual value is by being smart in both of the two cultures and finding some kind of productive synthesis.
>>
>>78256913
>Is there a difference between being STEM smart and literature/humanities smart?
One will get you an actual job and the other will make you into an annoying barista or macdonald worker that bitches about capitalism and the patriarchy all day on twitter with a slightly better vocabulary than usual.
>>
>>78256913
being a stemtard will make you an insufferable faggot with jewish mindset >>78258376
>>
>>78257330
>Implying the aggressive need to group and acknowledge our past isn't autistic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.