[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fgf.png (3.93 MB, 1762x869)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB PNG
Why is battle shonen so enjoyable even as an adult when it's marketed towards kids? I see a bunch of adults watching all these kind of battle shonens but you'll never see them watch shit like Pokemon even though they're both targeted for kids.
>>
>>78257104
it's because you aren't an adult, and have the mindset of a child, so you think big battle with flashing lights is good storytelling, fucking retard.
>>
>>78257104
Violence and deeper character arcs maybe.
>>
>>78257104
It is really just marvelshit but japanese.
>>
>>78257113
>so you think big battle with flashing lights is good storytelling, fucking retard.
You're the child here for not being able to read the deeper meanings that go behind the plot and action, autist.
>>
>>78257104
storylines and characters with deep, rich, developed backstories that are either relatable or vague enough to be considered relatable. yu yu hakusho is one of my favorites. it's also about being able to see great achievements because there are really none left in our reality. it's interesting to watch a poor rubber boy become the king of the pirates. it's fucking boring when nasa comes out with some statement about some cluster of stars / planets lightyears away.
>>
File: alexandertheprotagonist.png (319 KB, 1024x487)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>78257104
Deep down we all want to be like battle shonen protagonists, to have crazy overly ambitious dreams that we never give up on and go on an adventure to fulfill that dream while gathering allies and abilities along the way. Instead we're just wageslaves living the same boring shitty routine day over and over again and whenever we try to break out of this and get our childlike sense of wonder back then miserable fucks like >>78257113 come along to keep us in line.
>>
effort is rewarded. protag trains hard or thinks really well so they become victorious. meanwhile this world just rewards stupid bullshit.

shonen satisfies the male need of order and fairness
>>
>>78257336
>meanwhile this world just rewards stupid bullshit.
Ok, Neji.
>>
>>78257104
one of these is not like the others
enjoying an episode of one of these specifically is no different than being amused by a weekly comic strip or crossword in the paper

I will grant you the remainder are dogshit for idiots
>>
File: ilias.png (207 KB, 494x492)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>78257104
Which one of these wasn't saved by convenient plot bullshit?
>>
File: pokemon.jpg (257 KB, 1194x895)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>78257104
Because who cares who it's "marketed towards?" The whole ideaof something being made "for children" is stupid. What does that even mean?

>you'll never see them watch shit like Pokemon
Psh, tell that to my Pokemon card collection, loser
>>
>>78257104
Some people don't grow up, big news fr
>>
>>78257458
Irionically, "growing up" something only very immature people try to do
>>
>>78257364
>one of these is not like the others
Which one? Is it the second one? Cause I don't even recognize that one
>>
>>78257264
oh fuck off, shonenshit is shallow as fuck, i don't buy for a second that you're watching that shit for meaningful commentary on the human condition, and if you are, then you are even more retarded
>>
>>78257357
he's not wrong but shonen is usually told from the perspective of the ones who won the genetic lottery
we're watching how we believe life should be for everyone
>>
>>78257104
Part of it is that the fight scenes are drawn by the best animators in the world. If you like high quality action animation, shonen anime is the only place you can consistently find it
>>
>>78258268
https://youtu.be/fmfyp_4JpUE?si=F-bG53LL3qcGD77N

https://youtu.be/QbTZ5wFZ6ZE?si=d7kwedMyGKKEB57B

https://youtu.be/ePEmIMp2etA?si=W9m96s8fviLUcWLZ

DBZ is god-tier anime all around, even for your "meaningful commentary on the human condition" lol

>>78258294
>he's not wrong but shonen is usually told from the perspective of the ones who won the genetic lottery
https://youtu.be/ITPVO9e53fQ?si=RkkwqaxAzMybayPa&t=72

https://youtu.be/ErXfj3sbIfU?si=8jFADiXYBShcrkM_

>>78258342
>Part of it is that the fight scenes are drawn by the best animators in the world. If you like high quality action animation, shonen anime is the only place you can consistently find it
I suppose maybe that's part of it
>>
>>78258491
Is OPM shonen? I thought it was Seinen. Also didn't Saitama broke his limiter BECAUSE he was a normal dude being able to do it?
>>
>>78257113
this post is high in estrogen levels
>>
>>78259584
>Is OPM shonen? I thought it was Seinen
Fuck if I know, what's the difference? I just told myself "shonen = shit like DBZ" so that's how that goes for me

Google says "These terms don't refer to specific genres or categories, but rather what the intended target audience is." and I say -->

>>78257435
>Because who cares who it's "marketed towards?" The whole ideaof something being made "for children" is stupid. What does that even mean?

>Also didn't Saitama broke his limiter BECAUSE he was a normal dude being able to do it?
Exactly, yeah. I mean, I dunno why/how exactly but I think the idea is that he was just a regular guy lol
>>
It's fun entertainment that's foreign and therefore interesting, and it's not jam-packed with left-wing politics like all Western media is nowadays.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.