[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just got a degree and I can't find any job in the field the degree is in, should I bite the bullet and go back to retail or should I just kill myself. What's the best option moving forward, leaning towards killing myself
>>
>>78258489
Definitely kill yourself
>>
>>78258489 Write an amazing book (or just a book) related to your expertise in the field.
>>
>>78258537
I don't have expertise I have a bachelors degree and 0 industry experience
>>
>>78258581
depends how long you looked for, if you applied everywhere and still couldn't find a job in the field you studied for I'd go ahead and shoot myself. Retail should not be a place to go back to, I think there's a walmart in hell
>>
>>78258635
Been 2 months and I've been rejected from everywhere that won't require me to move which I can't afford to do
>>
File: 1696446050560623.gif (1.36 MB, 444x444)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>78258489
I fell into the liberal arts degree trap back in 2020 because of the stupid decision to not fight back against my parents and also my irritancy at being disturbed and my trauma from my dad incessantly beating me over math problems making me shy away from schoolwork

I have a useless liberal arts degree. It's useless because the economy has no demand for the skill that it represents, which was foreseeable obviously a long time ago, but I was an inexperienced and sheltered 17 year old with no idea how to do anything for myself, including drive or ride public transport even.

Whatever. I'm not going to cry about lost time. I'm going to forgive myself. I'm going to be interning unpaid soon for experience in an entry level job at my local accountancy. I am also working minimum wage and I am getting TEFL certified so that I can white flight myself to Asia and enjoy the yummy convenience store snacks, cheap cigarettes and booze, and the clean, safe-from-violence streets at night. Good luck OP.

>>78258537
Never do this. You will just end up in education yourself, scamming students into buying a textbook of your authorship that magically extends a simple idea into a 900 page book

Let's say my major is marketing. I'm going to steal this from Aaron Clarey:
>Spending more on marketing means that sales go up.
That's it. But if you write a textbook on marketing, you know that it will not become a bestseller and nobody will read it on their own volition, so you must, through university policy, sell a constantly re-arranging tome in endless editions filled with incessant, empty yapping that somehow stretches that concept into 900 pages.
>>
simply kill yourself op

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.