[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How can i avoid getting blackmailed and doxxed, and things like that, in discord servers? I've heard stories about that and they made me really paranoid (even more than i usually already am) so I was just curious if it's just people being stupid or if it really can happen to me too
I'm not trying to trick you into telling me how to do it i just want to know how to avoid it and anything like it
>>
File: 1657982345.jpg (302 KB, 1072x1059)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>78259105
I simply don't speak to anyone online.
>>
>>78259105
typically people aren't looking to dox anyone on discord and all you have to do is not send pictures of yourself and you wont' get doxed or blackmailed.
>>
>>78259119
>typically people aren't looking to dox anyone on discord

lol

lmao

Anyways OP have profiles with 2fa, protect devices with 2fa, avoid links to your real name, use proton or different emails with different accounts, and stick to technical stuff so people can't infer who you are through your interests, time active, etc (though sticking to technical stuff too can eventually be used to doxxed you)
>>
Do not show photos of yourself do not give people your name do not even tell people what country your in and do not click on shady links
>>
>>78259105
Fuark makes me remember getting haxxord and getting a rat on my machine installed, never looked back ever since, yes they got access to all the files but idc, some dude was just saying in a server only down syndrome level retards get doxxed and hacked too LOL DUCK MY NIGGER INCEL HIKI LIFE IM NEVER GONNA RECOVER HAHAHHAHAHAHAH socially mogged anyways they know ab my irrelevant retard third world country and this isnt really gonna bite me in the ass but yea i lost
>>
1. Don't show your face online
2. Don't talk to minors
3. Don't send nudes to people you don't know online
>>
>>78259105
don't interact with any like general talk servers basically, like any kind of server that would be posted in a /soc/ discord server thread basically, like ones where the whole point is just shitposting they're usually very toxic and toxic people are more likely to be doxxers etc, join hobby ones instead, and obviously don't give out your personal information and use 2fa
>>
>>78259189
>Don't send nudes to people you don't know online
telling that to all the BPD thots that send you nudes if you give them literally any attention then block you a week later
>>
>>78259189
Talking to minors is the whole purpose of jewcord, mods get power and dew that and no one cares, can't defame my nigger image anywhere anyways, outcast incel nigger well disliked, as a minor i used to be called a pedo just cus ppl hated me LOL it didn't even matter but i still insisted on existing onlins
>>
>>78259105
just don't be a retard. and always keep your digital footprint small. different usernames on different websites, no irl pics
>>
>>78259112
this would be the best to do but the internet takes up all my time nowadays, so it helps to not be too lonely

>>78259163
>>78259169
>>78259189
>>78259251
i do most of this already but i had forgotten about 2fa, thanks anons, will do

>>78259198
i can't ever imagine joining those /soc/ servers, they all look so boring and annoying just from their retarded descriptions. i like knowing people who also browse 4chan so i can call them fags without repercussions but even i wouldn't stoop so low to join servers that have "femcel" or similar stupid terms in their descriptions
>>
File: 1709942589158043.jpg (72 KB, 615x615)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>78259105
>don't post pictures of yourself
>don't tell people where you live
>don't tell people your real name
>don't tell people identifiable things about yourself
>don't tell people about your private life
There now you won't be blacmailed and doxxed. I usually take screenshots and save pictures of people on discord servers who talk too much and share this kinda stuff about themselves.
>>
What's 2fa?
>>
>>78259829
What private life, you niggers have a life? Lol
>>
File: ACR0000097.jpg (93 KB, 720x540)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>78259829
LOL these are the same rules AOL chat rooms had in 1996.

Back then the average dimbulb made his "web-handle" FirstnameLastnameBirthyear. DonWillhelm77. NickOleary85. So easy to dox and phish.
>>
>>78259861
Two factor authentication. Basically you type in a password, then get an SMS to your phone with a code, you type in the code, you're in. That way if fuccboi gets either your cellphone or your password he still can't get into your account.

Downside to it is the same centralization that makes it strong also makes you vulnerable.
>>
>>78259105
i only use discord for planning things with irl people i've met irl

the whole point is for everyone to know who i am
>>
Separate your identities. I have two discord accounts to keep my real life as separate from my internet life as much as possible.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.