[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0504.png (660 KB, 1106x1012)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
What's the deal with this recent feminist trend of referring to women in the singular form?

>Woman are oppressed by the patriarchy
>Woman don't need men to be happy
>Christian nationalists want to take away the rights of woman

Anyone else noticed this irritating shit?
>>
>>78264402
I don't think that's recent, it's just a stylistic choice allduing to older texts like the bible to make their narrative sound grander and more important
>>
>>78264421
>tfw feminists will concoct a mythical religion built on horse shit in our lifetimes
I can see it
>>
>>78264421
I just started noticing it in the last few months, but perhaps it's been a thing longer.
>>
>>78264402
Feminism is resurging atm but desu I kinda like the current wave of feminism. We have come to a point where a lot of feminists are acknowledging the progress we made and now they are also advocating for men. So they are actually fighting for "equal rights - equal privileges" and thats alright to me.
There is this trend called "micro feminism". In the videos the women often seem so toxic and they present their "act of microfeminism" in a very malicious sounding voice but then the actual act is something like
>compliment men on the street
>hold the door open for men
>ask them if they need help
>ask men to take responsibility for their children
idk, that sounds kinda nice
>>
>>78264433
lmao. they did before you even were born
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goddess_movement
>>78264538
They are becoming worried with recent developments. Can't stop pushing now.
>>
>>78264538
That strain of feminism has always been present. Feels like some people see feminism as a movement where women should be put above men but that seems to be typically considered extreme. Same way some people here can be a racist, but not a full on cocaine addicted skinhead neo-nazi training in a secret KKK militia band in appalachia.
In my head, the mainstream view had always been about acknowledging difference of treatment for both male and female and trying to quash that.
"Toxic masculinity" is meant to be a discussion about how men aren't treated well when being outwardly emotional. Depending on the feminist, some men's rights points were also adopted.
>>
>>78264653
Notions of equality is a charade they will pull when put under pressure. Maybe an oldfag feminist born in the 70's and living under a rock since then can be excused.
If you look at the type of things feminists actually try to push for politically it's very clear it's all about stripping men of legal rights to the benefit of women. Just the other year in my cunt you can now be convicted of rape with only a story as evidence, and consent can be revoked at any time, without explicitly saying or doing anything, turning the entire sex act into rape and you wouldn't even know.
Never listen to a woman, only observe her actions. And their actions tell me, feminists are fucking evil scum.
>>
>>78264574
Fuck it, ill also fill you as to basics of the goddess movement since that article is tl;dr.
Basically feminists looked at random archaelogical artifacts and concocted this idea that in the stone age before writing existed people lived in a fully matriarchal society and only worshipped all these female deities, and all peoples lived in peace and harmony with each other and nature in this perfect hippy paradise because women are perfect and good.
Then one day le evil men came with their evil man gods like Jahve, Zeus, Odin and whatever, and now there were suddenly war, strife, suffering and le feminist utopia was lost.
Ever wondered why feminists always keep asking shit like, "what if god is a she? UwU". yeah that's were that shit comes from.
>>
>>78264433
it already exists it's called Wicca
>>
>>78265082
Notorious TERF Nina Paley has done an entire movie dedicated to the concept, maybe you've seen the ending scene with the Palestine shit going on,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Yk59fZZ0I
there's also this weird dynamic between herself and her father in this one which feels vaguely accusatory and passive-aggressive for no reason.
It's largely pointless as a statement, indulging fringe feminist ideology, but it's an interesting watch if you wanna explore this particular rabbit hole

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.