[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1699159553343378.jpg (59 KB, 527x544)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
What do you think about self check out?
>>
>>78265453
Moar like, "might not pay for some shit out"
>>
>>78265453
Nice self-checkout you have there, would be a shame if I put some section ape housing in the vicinity.
>>
love em
i won't go to a store that forces me to interact with someone ever again unless i absolutely have to

grocery store across the street didn't install self-checkouts for a long time so guess what? i drove 10 minutes away to go to one that did
>>
NEVER use these machines. A minimum wage employee can judge you as a thief. Always let a cashier register your items.
>>
File: 1464191967071.jpg (10 KB, 237x192)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>78265460
i still don't understand how this is a self checkout issue
you can do the same with a regular cashier
>>
>>78265453
Nice for a few items, pain in the ass when getting groceries for the week
>>
>>78265453
I like them because I am awkward and don't want to interact with cashiers. But I learned some people hate them because they think bagging their own groceries is free labor or something lol. I don't think it's really that deep.
>>
i don't care for networked devices that could potentially submit information to facial recognition databases
>>
>>78265499
Regular cashier won't ring items up under the wrong UPC
>>
File: nim8fgvgszhc1.jpg (122 KB, 1080x1498)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>78265516
But thats all the security cameras anon, in every store, and all your neighbors ring cameras you drive past.
>>
>>78265511
this, which is fine for me since i work at a store that has a grocery section and i never buy a buncha stuff at once anyway
>>
>>78265513
Mostly fatties that are already tired out from walking around the store
>>
File: ted+kaczsyinksi.png (1.42 MB, 1200x900)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>78265538
and the majority seems to be content with that
>>
>>78265453
I truly despise them
>have to be literally do the job of the cashier at your own risk/effort as if you were poor
>doesnt even save any time
>half the time you'll be picked for random checks and shit
>if you buy any age restriced item you're gonna have to wait for an employee to come check your id anyway, including fucking energy drinks which you have to be 14 for here
There's is just really zero upside. You can't even say it's less social since you have to deal with employees most of the time anyway
>>
File: PB1.jpg (293 KB, 1024x1024)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>banana code: 4011
>weigh ribeye steak
>nobody cares
>>
I love it. Very easy way to steal about 10-20% of my groceries by cost if I'm smart. Probably also helps that I live in a 90%+ white city.
>but muh corpos
Don't care, fuck loblaws. Gay ass niggers want to start overcharging for literally everything? I'll just start stealing. Fuck canada too btw, this place sucks
>>
Works only with whites and east asians. Good for few items, shit for anything bigger. I still refuse to use them because half of them don't accept cash and I don't see any reason why banks or whoever should be able to see where I am and how much cheese I buy.
>>
I literally don't understand how they will know if you don't scan a few items unless they check every single item on your receipt. They have employees standing next to them but they always just talk to each other and don't give a fuck about what you're doing. Do they pay someone to sit and watch the security footage to make sure every single person scans every single item? I doubt it. Even if you get caught, you can just say "whoops, looks like I missed one" and they will probably forgive you. Seems like an easy way to save $10-$20 on groceries by stealing to me
>>
>>78265453
It is a great relief to actual autistic people like myself to not have to deal with human interaction in order to make a purchase.
>>
>>78265493
Never take a step out of your home. Another person could kill you at any moment. Never wipe your ass you might get shit on your fingers.
>>
>>78265453
I have mixed feelings about them. I carry a backpack into the store. Being able to just put my groceries into my backpack is nice. With cashiers I have to take everything out of the bags, and reorganize it in my backpack.
>inb4 hur it looks like you're stealing
I've used my backpack as an in-store carry bag, and employees don't care. They've even smiled at me while doing it. So they either REALLY don't care, or I look trustworthy.
On the other hand I don't like dealing with the things. they mess up sometimes, and it's irritating. I also like being able to ask the cashier about stuff.
>>
File: 1616965505823.jpg (216 KB, 800x1188)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>78265453
Oh the free stuff machine?
Any LPs here? What's the lowest risk method?
>>
>>78265453
>everything gets more expensive
>now i have to ring up my own shit
I hate self check out.
>>
>>78265453
I've noticed a lot of stores in my area keeping them closed for seemingly no reason
>>
>>78265453
The ones with dark skin got them removed from where I live
>>
I don't like seeing my face on The screen
>>
>>78266549
Krogoid spotted

This fucking code is burned into my brain having worked in the Kroger mines before
>>
File: 1.png (411 KB, 640x826)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>78265453
It can be more stressful than using the cashier if you have a lot of stuff and it's busy because there's so many people and you're paranoid that you're not being fast enough. I usually have more stuff than the item limit anyway since I only go to the store once a week. Good if you only have a couple of items though. Also I shop at Aldi and the last thing the cashier wants to do it talk to you, and it's usually faster anyway.
>>
>>78265460
tick tok fat neetcuck!
>>
>>78267920
Just simply don't get caught?
>>
>>78267920
She was definitely stealing electronics and shit. They won't arrest you for stealing a frozen pizza and some beer
>>
>>78265453
I used to like them because I didn't have to interact with people, but the employees are actually a lot better at bagging groceries than me.
>>
>>78265453
the problem i have with it is that it actually just doesn't work
>yeah it's self-checkout you don't need to interact with anyone
>but you have to speak to them if you so much as look at the scales wrong
>but you have to speak to them if you scan an item it doesn't like
>but you have to speak to them to get security tags and other bullshit removed
>but you have to speak to them to ask for their permission to get a bag
>but you have to speak to them if your reciept doesn't get printed because you'll get accused of theft
>and then if you do step away to speak to someone, everyone in the queue behind you gets pissed off
i don't understand how such a dysfunctional system can be so normalised
>>
>>78267785
I'm pretty sure it is international, it's the Canadian banana code too at all grocery stores.
>>
>>78265453
>card only
they suck
>>
File: neetsisters.jpg (142 KB, 715x621)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>78267946
>>78267928
nope, they're arresting neetcucks like you for stealing soap (that's a joke, you don't shower or use soap)
>>
>>78268275
It's not hard to get around this
>don't steal an absurd amount of shit
>always have an alibi (listening to music, in a rush etc. etc.)
>be completely cooperative with staff
>never go to that store again
simple as
>>
i like the self checkouts and i don't steal.
What i don't really like is that whenever i ring up alcohol, one of the wagies (90% women) will have to come over and put in a code and maybe ask for my id. Then I have to stand there awkwardly.
There's a cute azn girl who works there which can sometimes be intimidating.
>>
>>78268390
Does she have a nice butt? Does she wear those tight leggings and then bend over to put in the code? God I love girl butts
>>
they're okay for 1-2 items. anything above that i just go over to the cashier
>>
>>78266178
Fucking this. Wallshart and every store that uses these can suck my left nut.
>>
i dont like them and i dont like ordering groceries for pickup online and i dont even like things like doordash. im not the most social guy but removing even this level of interaction with strangers from life upsets me. people are becoming more and more secluded from others. i also think the small act of leaving the house will make you feel better than having the groceries delivered
>>
Hate them. I feel nervous when I keep scanning some item and its code just won't scan no matter what I do. This happens like 1/3 of the time.
>>
>>78269478
1/3 of the time when I use self-checkouts I mean
>>
>>78265453
Would be great if we could actually use the scanner guns
>>
>>78268365
>>don't steal an absurd amount of shit
you'll still get trespassed and be on their permanent shit-list
>>always have an alibi (listening to music, in a rush etc. etc.)
that's not an alibi that's an excuse, and they'll still trespass you after you pay for your shit
>>be completely cooperative with staff
won't change anything, they're going to go by whatever their policy is regardless of your behavior, only the dollar amount might keep them from calling the police and pressing charges, but you'll still get trespassed because they don't want your business
>>never go to that store again
well yeah, because you'll be trespassed already and don't want to go to jail
>>
I like the ones without a scale because it's fast and stuff is bagged correctly. The ones with a scale are annoyingly slow so I use a wagie in those stores. Can't wait until there's an Amazon for groceries. Walmart always screws up and says something is out of stock when it is in stock, or makes retarded substitutions. Shopping is miserable because there's too many people standing there slack jawed staring at the shelves.
>>
>>78269891
This is just a massive fucking wall of cope. I've been doing this for about 3 years now and have never even gotten caught.
>>
>>78265493
Just don't shop at giant department stores, thats the only place where this happens.
I use self checkout for groceries and at the pharmacy and its flawless. No accidently telling the cashier "you too" when they ask if I want the receipt in the bag
>>
I like self checkout because I don't want to interact with staff
I hate how the self checkout moderator forces a greeting and salutation
otherwise, I prefer it
I do think that self-checkout and similar systems should lower prices as they don't have to pay as many staff
>>
>>78265453
I love it. Means less human interaction which is great for me. Also, everyone over 50 in my country is a tech retard afraid to use self check out, so I can avoid wasting time in a queue.
>>
>>78265453
Narcissism symptom.
>>
I don't use self checkout because I don't want to embarass myself not knowing how to use it.
>>
>>78265523
You clearly haven't had a retarded cashier
>>
File: IMG_3404.jpg (779 KB, 750x918)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
>>78265516
l agree with you
>>
It enables one to go from only interacting with store clerks to never interacting with anyone
>>
File: zejew.png (167 KB, 421x423)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>78265453
>yeeeesss, ze 4chan incels shall fall for my bait so us jewzzzz can spy on them more like rats, yessss.....
>>
File: IMG_4762.gif (2.64 MB, 635x270)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB GIF
>unexpected item in bagging are-
>>
>>78270764
Until it malfunctions and the wagie doesn't notice it so you have to call them over which is worse

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.