[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe meme war veteran.jpg (139 KB, 894x894)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>23
>Working dead end job
>Figure out fuck this, I might do something about it
>Thoughts about joining the Army
>Go to recruiter, not to join right there but figure have some context before i do it
>Get talking, seems nice
>Near the end he says "look don't join, you might not go to combat but its draining morally and shit pay. do something else"

wtf man
>>
File: 1721753127627784.jpg (81 KB, 500x694)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>78266194
You may have run into the only honest recruiter in history
>>
>>78266242
Is it really that bad? I understand most don't go into combat but is life there that bad?
>>
File: FpbXvk2WAC8t_kG.jpg (194 KB, 941x941)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>78266194
I'm in a similar boat anon, 23, can't hold down a job, and I can't enlist due to mental disabilities and physical ailments. I'm tired of working for shit pay just for it to be taken by the taxman, landlord, and the growing price of necessities. If I were a nigger I would've been dealing drugs by now.
>>
>>78266194
>>78266309
Im 26. Just got out of the Navy. I was a CTI, translator, worked for the NSA for almost 5 years. Honestly if you can 100% disabilitymaxx its the best thing in the world. I have a pension, currently almost 4k a month, that I will receive the rest of my life. At it gets adjusted for inflation every year. It also gives access to VR/E which is like GI bill but you can milk it for more years and basically get infinitely free school in combination with student loan forgiveness.
>nd I can't enlist due to mental disabilities and physical ailments.
just lie and say youre healthy, they only know what you tell them. Then once you are in go get diagnosed for them, say youve never had symptoms before etc, its the job thats causing it. Free disability rating.
>>78266278
basically no one ever sees combat. Its terrible because you are basically an indentured servant.

My advice? Join the air force. 4 year contract.Some intel job only where you sit in an air conditioned office and work a 9 to 5. You dont actually have to do your job just pretend. I spent a good year at the NSA watching tyler1 streams all day. Go to medical for literally everything. Something hurts? You want to go to the doctor. Then you never have to work again.
>>
>>78266489
I tried to get disability money. My parents were boomers who never tried to get me diagnosed with anything until I was an adult, and everyone's told me it's difficult to get neetbux that way. The physical ailments are persistent but I don't think they would be enough to draw a check.
>>
>>78266581
no i mean disability from the military. If you get diagnosed with issues while you serve, they have their own disability system.
>>
Why are retards like this
>"Uhg I hate my job and my life...OH I KNOW, ILL JOIN THE ARMY AND HAVE YEARS AND YEARS OF PTSD AND EVERYDAY ITLL FEEL LIKE MY BODIES BEING RAPED!!! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS SOONER!!!!"
Spoilers but this isn't going to be one of your autistic dreams where you're a cool army man going on crazy adventures and fucking local women in a third world country. I'm positive you would've wished you stayed at your shitty wage job
>>
>>78266778
I don't think alot of people have that mindset about the military anymore as being some chad adventure

For people like OP and others, the military is an escape from either being lost in life or a dead-end job. Unless you're going straight into a combat role, most of the time the military is just a glorified office job or you work HVAC and get out in a year or 2
>>
>>78266194
A recruiter that was honest and didnt even try to molest you? What reality do you live in?
>>
>>78266194
average age of american WW2 casualties were 21 or something. imagine D-Day in saving private ryan but instead of guys in their late 20s, in their 30s and some in their 40s, imagine mostly 18 and 19 year olds with 25 year olds as officers.
there is a reason they prefer really young guys, they'll put up with all the bullshit for approval thinking there is some reward in the end.
saw a video where a drill sergeant discussed how people typically acted in boot camp and he said something like 18 year olds were the easiest to drill even if they were dumb and they mostly just struggled with being away from home for the first time. older guys up to 25 would be harder because they'd constantly figure ''i dont need this shit''.
>>
Don't join the Army, but do try to get into Navy or Chair Force. It'll be better for you long-term.
>>
>>78266194
>Army
That's where you fucked up. Marines or Air Force are the best ones to join
>>
>>78267517
>>78267504
>>78266194
coast guard does some cool shit and they're not department of defense, they're department of homeland security which owns all the federal law enforcement agencies and secret service
you could end up doing cool shit there

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.