[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2mqv.gif (914 KB, 500x281)
914 KB
914 KB GIF
I don't think I want to be loved or find someone who loves me. I think I might just be in love with the idea of being loved. Does that make sense? I remember feeling the same way about friendships and dreaming of having a group of great friends. Then, boom, I managed to find one this year. I was genuinely happy, but I realized that my feelings didn't change. They didn't fix me or make me as happy as I thought they would, which made me think this might happen if I ever find someone I can call the "love of my life."
Am I just being dramatic, or can you guys relate to this?
>>
I was wondering something similar about myself the other day. It seems to depend on the person. Sometimes I read about some guys saying how getting a girlfriend was lifechanging and gave them energy and motivation and made everything feel more meaningful and enjoyable, and I read about some guys saying how getting a girlfriend didn't fix their problems and they're still depressed and things are mostly the same.

While I think that I would probably still benefit a lot from having a girlfriend, I think getting a girlfriend and experiencing love earlier in life would have made me a much more confident and happy person. I probably would have felt that I have value as a person, which would have given me more confidence and would have made me hate myself less, I would have had someone to spend my time doing enjoyable things with and to motivate me to do things rather than rotting alone and being disinterested in everything, and I wouldn't have wasted so many hours over the course of so many years agonizing about not experiencing love.
I'm broken enough by now that maybe the good in love is less than what it could have been. This could be true for some people.
>>
File: 12taiga.jpg (90 KB, 850x1201)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>78272523
I feel like if you can find someone who you really click with then you'll be able to develop a nice loving connection with them!

Although I've never loved someone so I'm not too sure hehe
>>
>>78272523
I kinda get this. Sometimes I desire "love" too, a love that isn't really something that exists in reality, where a partner wants, needs and understands me.
People are fundamentally broken though, so I know I won't get that love from others. It has to be something I concoct from a fantasy. That's just the way it is.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.