[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A disciple of the World-Honored One is despised and neglected in this age of decadence. But he cares not for the toxic opinions of empty worldlings because he takes refuge in the Buddha.
>>
didn't buddha die of a stomachache

he never professed to be divine or all powerful. in fact his teachings say to escape this reality. why would he "come back"

it's inaccurate to treat him as a god
>>
>>78277472
>buddhists entering the christcuck victim complex arc
Never thought id see it
>>
>>78277472
>Buddha
read the Gospel of John
>>
>>78277480
>didn't buddha die of a stomachache
He died out of his own volition. A Tathagata can extend his lifespan to his content.
>>78277480
>he never professed to be divine or all powerful.
https://www.buddhistdoor.net/features/nine-qualities-of-the-buddha/ A Buddha is omniscient and above every living being in samsara.
>it's inaccurate to treat him as a god
Indeed, he is the teacher of gods and men
>>
>>78277542
copium

he died and was buried like a human
>>
You know the story of his starting the journey to Buddhahood? When he was an ascetic and the Buddha of that time was coming, so he used his body as a stepping stone across a pool of mud, etc. I keep thinking about that almost every day and I ask myself: if he intentionally decided to forego his own enlightenment, even though he was already very advanced in practice, to go through countless rebirths and become a Buddha, out of his immense compassion for other beings, then should I also avoid enlightenment? In other words, does a future Buddha have to be mindful of this and intentionally postpone his own liberation, or is that a stupid, naive, misguided, etc. notion?
>>
>>78277513
haha sick burn my brother
>>
>>78277600
the only copium is in your head
>>78277613
>then should I also avoid enlightenment? In other words, does a future Buddha have to be mindful of this and intentionally postpone his own liberation, or is that a stupid, naive, misguided, etc. notion?
You have no need to engage in a quest for Buddhahood when you can become an arhant and break free of the cycle. The Buddha Dharma will last many centuries more until Maitreya will come from Tushita Heaven and restore it again.
>>
>>78277679
You need to let go of your attachment to replying to trolls
>>
>>78277679
your entire religion is copium

>if I ignore abuse and evil.. IT SHOULD GO AWAY
>>
>>78277698
>once i have no desire or attachment...THEN things will be good!
>*dies unceremoniously and is buried in the dirt*
>>
>>78277480
>it's inaccurate to treat him as a god
This is inaccurate. If you consider yourself a lesser being, you should worship the Buddha.
>>
>>78277713
He never said things will be good, he embraced the inherent suffering and impermanence of the world and liberated his mind from his fleeting cravings
>>
>>78277815
It is self-evident that all of humanity is created equal.
>>
Buddha was a chill bro, but I follow Lao instead

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.