[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (44).jpg (31 KB, 490x625)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Why does no one and nothing have personality anymore?
>>
Maybe everybody has, but your perception is fucked up for consuming trash all day long.
>>
>>78281001
>Why does no one
you are jaded, this is particularly highlighted by your usage of cringe millennial nostalgia imagery
>>
>>78281096
>he said, on r9k
>>78281124
You will get there soon son just wait
>>
>>78281001
What is your experience with this OP? What do you mean?
>>
Everyone with money found that bland inoffensiveness is both cheaper to mass produce and still just as profitable as putting in effort. Like any mass media the outlook of the times trickles down to the people.
>>
>>78281212
People just dont have personality anymore
Our celebrities are legacy from the 2000s like Kanye and Taylor. Who now is a big personality? A big musician? A big director? A big philosopher?
Watch youtube films of high schools in the 2000s, people were different
Phones turned us all into zombies
>>
>>78281001
i can only explain it by the development of commodities and our relationship to them.
>>
>>78281397
Be all mouths buddy, cause I am all ears
>>
It was beaten and shamed out of us.
>>
The culture is getting better chud, we just dont have enough shitskins everywhere yet
>>
>>78281001
Because it isn't profitable and if it is then you should be monetizing it
>>
>>78281460
i was that vague because i don't know myself. but i see how fast things move now and how interchangeable things seems; everything is produced at a rapid rate, with no real information or value added, because it's profitable. but i think it wears people down. and i think this process has happened to ideas too (made into digestible images/slogans?). everyone always talks about freedom and happiness and 'becoming your true self', but it feels hollow to me. everything does desu.
those are just my random thoughts/how it feels to me. there are postmodernists or marxists who write about commodities though if you're interested. i haven't read them.
>>
>>78281897
the commodities are reddit, hip-hop, and e-slop, none of it culturally significant, marketed to low iq proletariot trash who are the majority of the world and the democratic cultural standard
>>
I don't care if you think I'm souless or what not. I'm not here to entertain your faggot existence

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.