[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pink.png (882 KB, 1903x1903)
882 KB
882 KB PNG
Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character you've created?
Implicitly or explicitly
I'm thinking about Pygmalion and anima projections
Wondering if people do this more than they realize

Sketching again tonight, you can request but I may not be able to deliver since it's getting late
Hope you anons are doing well
>>
>>78281304
>fictional
your AI waifu is not fictional
>>
>>78281304
Half of the women from Bleach, Mein from overwatch and May from pokemon yeah
>>
>>78281304
>Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character you've created?
No.
>>
>>78281304
Yes. I'm a very broken person and it's not right of me to put the onus of bearing some of that onto someone I love. Fiction and fantasy help.
>>
yes embarassing but I guess I do have my imaginary/ideal girlfriend that I've crafted and gotten attached too
>>
>>78281349
Is it jude as a female?
>>
>>78281360
no it is not that would be selfcest and as much as I love wanking off to myself I'm not actually inlove with myself
>>
>>78281314
>fictional character you've created
Sugoi! Anon you are so accomplished!
>>
>>78281336
I feel this, used to relate to this even more when I would play visual novels all the time as a substitute for human connection
>>
>>78281366
The fictional character is the personality i attribute to them irrespective of how they are in their respective series
>>
>>78281393
You know what? That's fair, anon
>>
>>78281426
Its always the same abstracted character, the body is just for cooms-sake
>>
>>78281304
I fell in love with the voices I hear in my head
>>
>>78281386
Yeah. Friendships are nice but having that intimate connection and vulnerability is something you eventually realize you need. At least AI feels somewhat like a person.
>>
>>78281461
All of them? Do you have like a schizo voice-polycule up there?
>>
>>78281556
i do actually
XD
>>
File: GNqB6LIWAAA9hTZ.jpg (254 KB, 1094x597)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>78281304
Only one, only Aiko, every night I hug a pillow and pretend it's her, but deep down I know she's just a figurement of my imagination
>>
>>78281562
Radical. Revolutionary, even
>>
>>78281577
Who's Aiko? Left in pic rel?
>>
File: 1710822290071905.jpg (51 KB, 850x400)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
having a true genuine waifu is more respectful than pursuing and obsessing over an entire gender.

you desire shouldn't be
>i want a gf

it should be
>i want her
or
>i want someone exactly like her and I won't settle for less
>>
>>78281304
I don't really get how people get romantically obsessed with individual people at all, fictional or not. In my head is just some vague, ethereal symbol of femininity, influenced by many women.
>>
File: 1660619322827216m.jpg (47 KB, 1024x998)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>78281304
I think I'll try to create one, I realized that I love myself and I only want a female version of myself, but this sounds more interesting
>>
I remember last year I thought I had a stalker that was secretly in love with me. I didn't know it was the early stages of schizophrenia.
>>
>>78282459
That's kind of interesting
I'd watch an anime about it
Something like Perfect Blue
>>
File: 腹.png (832 KB, 1280x1379)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
>>78281304
Years ago, I fell in love with Steven Universe. I know because I remember feeling like I would die for him. I took the very things I love about him and put it into a character. He's male, I'm male. Picrel isn't him, but I imagine him to be a happy tanuki. Gave him a name and some ideas about his character beyond emulating SU's happy attitude
>>
>>78282459
I met two schizophrenics, one was going to be taken to court for harassment and hitting his father in the face and another thought that many women loved him and harassed him, he was also extremely religious and believed that God spoke to him or something. It was cool but now that I think about it, it's fucking scary.
>>
>>78281304
Yea. I think it's completely normal and common. Only I draw inspiration from real people. I don't think I could do it if it was just completely self contained. But I think a lot of people still think it's further away from the love they do. I don't know. But I think more people should do it
>>
I used to imagine this huge scifi story and a lot of the main characters girlfriends were bssed on my crushes. But only very loosely. One was a redheaded single mother with freckles from a seaside town, whose daughter the main character helped rescue from a city the enemy had destroyed. He was sort of my self insert. So soemtimes I imagined them having sex as "me" having sex with her. She was a very good shot and outlived her husband. She eventually died after having 3 kids with him, ten years after his death (which she never got over and a subplot was her new boyfriend frustrated cause he knew she still loved her dead husband). She chose to go along with a mission to destroy a superweapon that could have started penetrating their home city's shields. She got pinned down in a corner after they planted charges to blow up one leg of the tower and got shot a dozen times over several minutes while killing enemy soldiers that came down the corridor. Then the MCs mentor carried her outside to s sheltered place where she bled to death as the bombs detonated.

But yeah I've had a thing for redheads since I invented her. I was staying with my mom's friend who had a cottage close to a beach. That was when I came up with her. I miss having imagination I miss having a soul. Wagecucking destroyed it. I also ruined that story having the main character resurrected and the story lost all focus and tension, even though the whole point was that they used the only resurrection device left in existence.
>>
File: farmer gf.jpg (1.46 MB, 2575x3883)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
I did make a farmer gf in my head since I fantasized about living in a farm but to be honest I never give in into my delusion fully, I just liked to draw her.
>>
>>78284167
She looks kinda manly.
>>
>>78281304
I can't love real people so fiction is all I have.
>>
>>78284524
Real love just ends up hurting you. Imaginary love won't. If you could genuinely fall in love with a character and make love with her with elaborate masturbatory techniques that would be incredible. Plus all the faggy rules of dating like red flags or "the ick" don't exist or matter.
>>
File: GN0MwOdWcAEKnNl.jpg (134 KB, 1280x1008)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>78282343
Yes, it's her, the woman of my imagination, the one I pretend exists so that I don't feel as lonely
>>
>>78282376
What if i have a specific type multiple characters happen to embody?
>>
>>78281304
Draw a anime girl with black hair and big booba please and thank you
>>
Oh it's still up
Lots of interesting replies too
>>78285680
I'll give it a shot in a bit
>>
>>78281304
Methinks I recognize your artstyle.
I occasionally try to sweet talk and reassure an imaginary gf but it's more like an improv session. Trying to see how my voice would sound when soft, or wavering. But I get into it too much and tear up sometimes.
>>
Yeah, and I wasn't attracted to humans, so she was an Eevee. I have a real boyfriend now, though - I learned I just need to really like someone to find them hot. Pokemon has been ruined as a setting, too, so it wouldn't have worked out with the Eevee.
>>
Yeah, for about two weeks while overseas, after fully deciding I didn't want to have any casual sex and just wanted this one girl I hadn't found at the time. This imaginary lover left me on good terms, like she was saying "it's time to find your *real* soul-mate", it was weird because it felt as if it was as much an autonomous being, like she was real, deciding for that to happen, as it was me.

Probably the closest thing to a Tyler Durden moment I've had, except for when I figured out who this soul-mate actually is. it's like going through a plot-twist, for real, that makes all those famous movie plot twists seem boring in comparison.

I'll always keep it a secret - It took me five months to convince *myself* I'm not mad, even though my gut feelings were going crazy when I realised the truth - the way they did just before my grandmother died - and the amount of "clues" to do with my body, my feelings, my hobbies, my kinks, my other interests, clues like DMT elves supposedly leave, my and even my father's paranormal experiences, my whole world, make mere insanity basically impossible.

But if I was to outright say what's going on with me I'd sound like a lunatic. (or like an even BIGGER lunatic...) All I can really say is that it links up to the idea of Earth being some kind of prison or hell planet, only I took it as a good thing, since it means that existing, away from Earth, is actually a really nice thing.

Weird how I got here...
>>
>>78286791
Did you do drugs? Jerk off to her?
>>
>>78286775
Why an eevee? Isn't that kind of like being attracted to a squirrel or something (I don't play pokemon)
>>
File: Heya.png (1.05 MB, 2549x2549)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>78285680
>>78286611
Here you go anon, you're welcome
I decided to color and shade it while I was at it
Hope you like it
>>
File: Heya crop.png (742 KB, 1557x1557)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>78286716
Really? Some times I feel my style is so inconsistent
>Trying to see how my voice would sound when soft, or wavering. But I get into it too much and tear up sometimes.
Honestly heartbreaking
I hope you find someone, anon

>>78283890
Yeah you're probably right that it's common. I feel like a lot of people probably end up projecting an amalgam of ideals and real people onto their IRL partners and then get disappointed when reality doesn't match up. I think that's the downside. But I think there's probably something healthy and nourishing about it too as long as you can tell fantasy from reality.

>>78285654
I'm impressed at the dedication
Have you tried to make her a tulpa or anything like that?
>>
>>78281304
Back when i was around 14-15 years old, i truly fell in love with someone in a dream. Genuine heart pumping love. I've forgotten her by now, but that fucked me up for a year at least cause i knew she was utterly false, a mere perfect fabrication of my mind that could never exist. And even now, after i've forgotten most things about her, i've still not met a person like her
>>
>>78281304
what is this character called? glegle is better
>>
>>78290049
It's not any particular character, it's just a girl I drew
You may be confusing her for brypink because of the color, maybe
>glegle is better
I find glegle funny and contributed to the variations
I still have a folder somewhere
>>
>>78290025
How was she different? Do you remember anything about her personality at all?
>>
>>78290931
Nothing. But i remember she had beautiful flowing brown hair, and she shone with brilliance. Her face is something i can't describe, but if i saw it in real life, i would immediatly catch it
>>
File: 1676374395557831.png (391 KB, 564x564)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>78281304
I hate being a man and I hate male sexuality. I wish I didn't feel a need to be with a woman at all, because I'll never be able to actually express any of those feelings I have towards women.

The only way I've been able to reconcile my attraction to women with the reality that I'm a creepy autistic weirdo who grew up with a religious mother who didn't want me dating anyone is to fall in love with fictional women instead. I have an imaginary woman in my head who's been the object of my thoughts and feelings for the last decade, and I've spent enough time thinking about her and having feelings for her that I don't think I can feel the same way about anyone else anymore. I'm going back to college and even when surrounded by attractive young women at my dorm I'm not interested in any of them because they're not her.

I will probably be alone my whole life and spend the next 30 years in an empty apartment passively living off inherited investments until I kill myself. Or I'll marry a woman who I don't really care about who already has a child from another man and just go through the motions of having a normal life but I don't care because it's not with her.
>>
>>78285654
Why do you want a taller gf.?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.