[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721931396431454m.jpg (134 KB, 1024x870)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
I think I'm ready to die. I stopped drinking almost 4 weeks ago, but everything is still flat and pointless. Is this normal?
>>
>>78282189
>everything is still flat and pointless
Welcome to the sober life, nigga.
>>
>>78282204
I was hoping this shit was temporary.
>>
>>78282189
From experience the opposite us true, you are depressed because the world seems so full of meaning to other people, yet you are struggling in life.

If the world was flat and pointless, you would dance in the streets and not give a fuck, you would smell the roses, talk to people without fear. None of it matters, all that would matter would be whatever amusement or interest presents itself in the moment.
>>
>>78282242
By flat, I mean nothing seems to stimulate or excited me. It's like all of the reward pathways in my brain are broken (except alcohol, I feel like a nice old fashioned would feel great right now). Even sex, idk, just doesn't feel interesting. Music, nothing.
>>
>>78282189
I drank for the first time in two months today. Felt incredibly euphoric. I took my shirt off and danced until I physically couldn't. Jesus Christ, I hope I don't wake up tomorrow. Please let me pass away in my sleep. I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>78282189
>When alcohol is ur whole personality

try creating something or take a personality test. u obviously don't have any idea who u are cuz were a drunkard for so long.
>>
>>78282242
>If the world was flat and pointless, you would dance in the streets and not give a fuck, you would smell the roses, talk to people without fear. None of it matters, all that would matter would be whatever amusement or interest presents itself in the moment.
I've never understood this line of argument. It's always seemed completely ass-backwards. When I feel like something is pointless, that doesn't make me energetic and creative and want to mess with it because not caring about the consequences gives you freedom, it just makes me not want to bother with doing the thing. Or, if I have to do it, to just get it over with while going to the very minimum amount of effort.

In other words, life is not like Garry's Mod, it's like filling out TPS reports at work.
>>
>>78282228
why do you think alcoholism is an addiction as old as civilization? we've always been looking for an escape from the drab and meaningless life we're made to live.
>>
>>78282189
Try AKB48
>>
>>78282189
>>78282530
>finally get an AK47
>neighbor Abdul shows up to the wedding with an AKB48 just to one-up you
>>
File: dnehcboumaandx5.jpg (55 KB, 640x480)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>78282547
I wouldn't mind...
Abdul's got connections
>>
I still find enjoyment in things feelsgoodman to have passion and desires and drive.
>>
>>78282338
I have a pretty pimpin' career though. I'm a luthier, I build and repair guitars for a living. I'm just about to finish a new build, it's rad, it should fill me with excitement.

>>78282400
Yeah, this is where I'm at exactly. It's frustrating, because I can see all of the hope and possibilities; I live in a cool ass city, I'm able bodied and attractive, I can easily go out and flirt with and fuck someone beautiful, or just take my vacation time and drive someplace and just explore. I've got vast options, but none of them interest me anymore. Nothing.

>>78282402
Yeah, shit, idk. I'm not sure if it's the chicken or the egg in my case. Personally, I felt like I used alcohol to disassociate and hide from uncomfortable feelings, and the pleasure receptor burnout was a side effect of that particular method of self-medication.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.