[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721975728161884.png (510 KB, 919x720)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
The extent to which the class you were born into informs your childhood and affects the adult you develop into can never be overstated.
I know it seems like an obvious statement at the superficial level - newsflash: money changes stuff - but it's so much worse than you'd imagine when you begin to interrogate the effects of poverty on the juvenile mind and body more closely.
Adults raised in poverty are quite different from those raised in richer households in some significant ways, even if they do eventually obtain access to similar levels of wealth later in life. The effects are tangible.
When you are raised by financially comfortable parents, your childhood consists of an environment where you are afforded access to more and better opportunities, better education, better social connections, better and more plentiful resources, more emotional stability, a wider range of experiences, hobbies and tools that allow you to develop incredible skills, the ability to look after your physical and psychological health more closely...collectively these things all impact your development and ostensibly your adulthood profoundly.
>>
>>78289765
I grew under the poverty line but I stayed off drugs and got an education. Now I'm squarely in the middle class.
>>
>>78289765
I grew up low middle / high-lower class because every expense was boxed into critical, comfort, and luxury. Things like food, health, and bills have the most funding, comfort goes second, and luxury can suck a dick once in a while.
I had a good education, and was sent to hobbies and extra classes, but because we didn't have status symblols (expensive shit) I was left out. So now my mental's fucked, I got no market skills (unless I sell a kidney to buy a trumpet), and will most likely ride on inheritance until I crash and burn

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.