[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706475806785133.jpg (639 KB, 1080x1350)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
>be here in 2015
>blink
>nearly 10 years gone
>still neet
>that "gap year" is no longer a gap year
>no savings
>no employment history
>no apartment
>manchild
all I did was blink and like that my 20s are over, the formative years of early adulthood - wasted. Time somehow slowed down for me and I'm aware of this now
>>
>>78292585
Cool story bro
Make another thread about it
>>
>>78292585
Yep. I'm 30 and I wasted my whole life, and only recently realized it. My parents made me fat and helicopter parented me, then I had low self esteem and was unattractive because fat, then I got depressed, and it kept getting worse until I finally broke out of it 2 months ago wondering where the last 18 years went. I actually had a lot of potential if my childhood wasn't so fucked.
>>
>>78292585
>WOW
>DUDE
>TIME PASSES AND STUFF
Really profound. What's it like being an actual retard?
>>
>>78292585
Yep. I managed to get a job and move out but im still incel.
>>
>>78292656
Being raised by narcissistic helicopter parents is the worst. Your self esteem has been beaten down so badly you think the problem is yourself. I only broke the spell and realized the problem was my parents at 25. Then I did everything I could to move out ASAP. Life is so much better now.
>>
>>78292709
>did everything I could
how'd you manage that
>>
>>78292585
>>78292656
Holy shit same. I was so anxious and fucked up from being Apache helicopter'd that I just waited for them to leave. They never did.
>>
>>78292748
They will never encourage you to move out because their own lives are so miserable that demeaning you gives them any meaning. Their whole identity is hey at least im better than my shitty child.
>>
>>78292585
The older I get the more time flies by it reminds me of the saying
>The hours go slow but the years go fast
>>
>>78292748
> I just waited for them to leave. They never did.
This is naively what I expected early on a year after high school but towards siblings. I thought, well they'll eventually move out and I won't have this weird person gluing their ear to the war/door 24/7 ---- never happened. I believe that weird "I'm always around haha" did much more harm than good.
>>
>>78292786
Everyone says time is moving fast because of technology. I grew up in the 90s and shit moved so slow and you get bored of snes and watching the same movies and hanging out at the same spots
>>
>>78292783
That's true and really sad. Thy intentionally fuck things up in your life to keep you below them too.
>>
>>78292791
A lot of people straight up aren't even moving out anymore due to economy and housing crisises, things previous generations take for granted are becoming rare. My parents never actually asked me to move out but instead chose to start doing more weird and awful shit until I got the hint and vacated, it was awful.

There's this weird thing where older generations consider CLEAR COMMUNICATION, a foundation for GOOD Relationships as weakness is kind of fucking retarded.
>>
>>78292858
They grew up in a world that no longer exists and has since changed dramatically but think that the guide they grow up with will work nowadays.
>>
you guys suck at wasting your life, it only took me four years to find out i either need to kill myself or find a definitive reason not to
>>
>>78292913
Have you found a reason not to as of yet? Or is it time to pull out the family suicide shotgun?
>>
OP stop being a fag I was a 30 neet that lost a bunch of weigh and am engaged now, I'd rather be that than dead or in prison
>>
Same thing happened to me. It feels like just yesterday that I was a teenager in high school reading /r9k/ and knowing deep down that my life would end up like the older guys posting here, it is shocking to me when I remember that it was ten fucking years ago. Now after dropping out of college and being a NEET for half a decade, my twenties are nearly over, and nothing meaningful or worthwhile has happened. My health has gotten worse, I have only gotten more depressed and given up even more on my hobbies and passions and goals, opportunities have continued to dry up, and there is nothing left to look forward to in my life.
I would at least get off of this awful board full of awful people if I knew where else to go instead, threads like this that I can relate to keep somehow making it worth it though so I inevitably come back.
>>
>>78292585
30 is still young enough that you can train for a new career and its still believable to tell people that you got tired of your old job. 2008 absolutely fucked a generation of people.
I don't really know what you do, I was a neet that parleyed the pandemic into getting a job.
I've seen it happen with several people I knew, you get laid off and then the interview goes bad and then they see your unemployed and they don't want to employ people who are unemployed because they think you'll be some lazy bum. Hopeful interview and 2 weeks later say they didn't get the job, over and over again.
I think if you really want a job go into something like nursing.
>>
File: giltsholder.png (3.98 MB, 1635x1633)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB PNG
>>78292661
Horrifying. Being an actual retard is horrifying.
>>
>>78292585
That's what happens when you're having fun and keeping busy, time flies. If you want time to pass slower you have to do less. Do absolutely nothing and you can feel the hours go by, time slows down and you can really experience life for what it is, not what you make of it. I'm surprised as a neet you haven't discovered this power yet.
>>
>>78292585
>college stories
>travel stories
>party stories
If you can't give people a good supply of stories they don't want to work with your or spend time with you. You have until you turn 25 to form these stories. After that it gets sad.
>>
>>78295236
>You have until you turn 25 to form these stories
>parties
this smells of someone still in their 20s typing this - if an interesting life story to you is a fucking party you're probably boring as fuck anyway.
>>
>>78295267
>boring
Conforming. This is what other people expect from you. Also out of curiosity, who is someone you think has lived an interesting life in your opinion?
>>
>>78295416
This woman I met online in 2022. I met her discord and she's significantly older than me with a career that's given her a well traveled life and has given her notoriety in her field throughout the years. She's one of the only real women I know in my life with a real career and is putting it to good use everyday.
>>
Well start applying for jobs, faggot.
Before you're unhirable. Get on indeed.com.
>>
>>78292656
Same, morbidly obese since I was a child and was never let out. Was constantly on my computer and developed an almost reliance on it. I'm 23 now and I've lost ~40 pounds (still a lot to go), have an ok warehouse job making a little less than 50k a year, and am moving out soon with a girl I met online. Slowly trying to dig myself out of it and I think I'm making good progress
>>
>>78295267
NTA but as an actual adult I cannot think of a single time someone told me a story about a party they went to. Grow up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.