[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>be me
>have crush on a girl since primary school and all the way through high school
>she knows it
>finish school
>go to uni
>lose contact
>after one year of uni she texts me
>start texting everyday
>something happens in my life and don't have the mood to text her
>silent for a week
>think to myself "I won't text her to see if she's interested"
>2 weeks
>ffw 5 weeks and still nothing
>loneliness starts to hit me
>mfw

did I fuck up or was I right to go silent?
>>
>>78488501
Yeah you fucked up dumbass baka but 5 weeks is not that long, you may still have a chance to salvage if you explain what happened and apologize. You liked her and you're lonely and you're letting her go? Faggot. I fucked up similarly before and it's my biggest regret in life that I wish I could go back and change.
>>
>>78488556
well I get it, but something still tells me that if she was somehow into me she would have at least checked what's am I up to right? the thing that caused me to go silent was someone quite close to me died and it left a big impact. I didn't wanna do anything for about a week and then it went like it did
>>
>>78488605
nta but most normal (non family, non best friends) people aren't going to blow up your phone if you're not responding
>>
>>78488635
how should I go about it then?
>>
>>78488647
If she's your crush, at this point, you need to either shit or get off the pot. It will be pretty awkward to resume small talk at this point. Make your move, or move on
>>
>>78488660
>make a move
it sounds VERY needy if I just asked her out after so much silence, and being needy gives the ick
>>
>>78488501
>>have crush on a girl since primary school and all the way through high school
>>she knows it
Backup orbiter alert
>>
>>78488673
Your only other option is to keep dragging your feet with small talk.
>>
>>78488687
My aunt (60s, divorced, 2 grown adult children in their 30s) married her backup orbiter last year

OP has some hope.
>>
>>78488687
>Backup orbiter alert
yeah I kinda felt that may be the reason
>>
>>78488501
That's what happens. It's not anyone's responsibility to check up on you if you stop communicating, but it doesn't mean it's your fault, either. My advice is not to play shit-test games, like fishing for texts. Just be honest and hope they do the same. If they do not reciprocate the trust, that is not a reflection upon you, but a sign to end the relationship and move on. Also OP is a fag, desu.
>>
>>78488733
>It's not anyone's responsibility to check up on you if you stop communicating

I totally know this, but people who like each other check on each other wt least once in a while. there was a reason SHE was the one who reached out to me after much longer time
>>
>>78488708
>60s, divorced, 2 grown adult children in their 30) married her backup orbiter last year
Skinnydipping in a pot of molten steel has more dignity than that
>>
>>78488779
He literally simped over her since high school. Throughout their whole lives. He bid his time waiting for the perfect opportunity, and he finally got it.
>>
>>78488753
True, and I don't know anything about your specific situation, but I wonder if she is also having similar worries about her value to you and is also playing that wait-and-see-game, or if she has some personal happenings that have also made it hard for her to communicate.
>>
>>78488805
>He literally simped over her since high school.
this I must deny. I used to be very into her in last year of primary school. we even got to hang out a bit, but our relationship totally collapsed at the moment we started high school. there I was still very much into ber but I didn't do shit. literally never said a word for more than 4 years. that's hardly simping
>>
>>78488501
Tooooo~ busy riding Chad, my friend.
>>
>>78488833
I wasn't talking about you. That should've been obvious from the reply chain
>>
>>78488846
oh yeah right sorry I'm retarded. well still better I wrote this so somebody else has more context
>>
>>78488501
You sound like Steve.
Never act like Steve
>>
>>78488556
Another one here and can attest to that. DON'T LET THIS SLIP YOU FAGGOT OP GO SALVAGE IT DONT LET IT SLIP IT'S GONNA HURT LIKE A BITCH LATER.
I am gonna apologize to mine too in a couple days and it's been 1.5 years for me so you can always stop being an asshole and start owning your mistakes.
>>
>>78488605
Asshole she already intiated contact what more do you want and you squandered it what are you expecting? Try it yourself for once you faggot and go apologize to her she is your crush ffs and she also happens to be into you do you even know how rare it is? As someone who has experienced the same thing just fucking go back man or it's gonna sting so bad I can't even tell you I wish someone told me the same thing a year ago
>>
>>78488501
Stop indulging the oneitis, bro. It's bad for you mentally and it's terrible for your future relationship(s).
Shoot your shot, get rejected, and move on.
Only a decisive rejection will put your angst to rest, and you know that it is coming (hence why you avoid her). So embrace it and move on with your life.
Honestly I was in a similar circumstance for a while. The girl acts ambivalent so you think you have a shot, but you really do not - and, even if it did work out, it wouldn't necessarily be a great relationship.
In reality, she is either too egotistical (likes having an orbiter) or too kind (likes you, as a friend) to reject you plainly until you force it. So either force it or move on as though she rejected you.
Also you're too old to be playing games like waiting for her to text. That shit doesn't really work and is more about protecting your own ego than getting results.
>>
>>78488605
Honestly bro no one would ever do that.
>>
>>78489461
Not OP, and as someone who has been in similar situation once and still hung up about her wouldn't it be better to atleast confront her even if it's a rejection it's still better to have closure than being hung up about her all the time right?
Need honest advice please as I'm about to finally apologize to her, not really trying to get her back or anything that ship has sailed, just seeking closure.
>>
>>78489518
Yes that is more or less my point.
I wouldn't go so far as to say you "need" the closure, but it helps a lot with the oneitis.
>>
>>78489461
yeah you're 100 right. just gotta figure out how to start the conversation now. I don't really wanna go like "hey, sorry for not being up to date but something happened" because it's kinda negative energy and a little needy (or my brain is too rotted from all of online dating advice idk)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.