[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 536840339-2538178017.jpg (92 KB, 800x500)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Is it absolutely true that there are no "absolute truths"?
>>
We breathe oxygen
>>
>>78859473
no, because there are no absolute truths, lol
>>78859480
we SOMETIMES do, sometines dont, people with nitrous oxide dont, folks with faulty carbon detectors dont
>>
>>78859494
>we SOMETIMES do
So we breathe oxygen
>>
>>78859500
sometimes, you can also say humans are gay because some of them are, or ants are red because some are
>>
you have double digit iq if you think its a paradox
>>
>>78859473
subjectivity and perspective nigga
>>
>>78859473
I'd say that's the only singularly true statement. Except that it's self contradictory. Just add a caveat that it is exempt from itself like "There are no eternal facts except this one, as there are no absolute truths except this one."
>>
>>78859473
If you go to the hood, youll get mugged.
>>
>>78859480
Its not really oxygen.

Thats just a name humans came up with
>>
>>78859473
I'm cool.
>>
>>78859473
omg that's his signature?

>Friedrich "Nutz" Nietzsche
>>
he was merely fighting god obviously
>>
>>78859473
nope. That's a post-modernist satanic screed. Just because all absolutes have an exception, doesn't mean the exception isn't contemplated by the absolute's very existence.
>>
File: 417241548013728.jpg (13 KB, 333x235)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
There are natural laws. That's the closest we have to absolute truths. Will they be the same forever? Are they unchangeable? We don't know. What we know is that they are the same since quite a long time, and that we can't change them. We learned, as humankind, how the rules work and what are the consequences if we break them. This knowledge became tradition as religion and science.
>>
>>78860506
>Will they be the same forever? Are they unchangeable?
Yes, they need to be since that's the concept of principles.
>>
>>78860511
If there is a divine creator, he can change them.
>>
>>78859473
the absolute truth is the universe is doing something lol
>>
>>78859473
"OP is a faggit" is a truth that transcends spatiotemporality
>>
>>78859473
Why don't you read and find out you braindead cunt? I swear to god every fucking faggot these days doesn't even investigate past a wikipedia page or asking some other clueless cunts who don't know either. You know he wrote books right? WHOLE FUCKING BOOKS FOR YOU TO READ YOU FUCKING ADHD CUNT?? Not little poems or quotes to save on your phone but whole entire books you can GO READ FOR FREE NIGGER!
>>
>>78860532
the creator is not a material being, but rather a concept. And his concept is that of constance and absolutism, hence he can't change it as that would be autophagic, and the purpose of absolutism is to prevent autophagy.
The universe is a logical and self-optmizing algorithm as described, although not in those terms, by Hegrl.
>>
>>78860594
Hegel*
fuck this shit website that forbids edition
>>
>>78859743
Just because aliens may call it something different, doesn't mean it doesnt exist and that we don't breathe it.
>>
>>78859473
Nietzsche was a perspectivist. It's not that he believed there were no facts or truths that ground our shared reality, but that A. All facts and truths are always interpreted from the lens of subjective perception; and B. The universe is not made of static objects but dynamic, constantly changing forces. Therefore, there's no "absolute" truth or facts because no such truths or facts can be imagined from an absolute, objective, unchanging perspective. If you observe any object at any point in space and time, even through scientific instruments, you experience them through a subjective lens of space and time and through a subjective lens of sense perception. You cannot avoid this because you cannot escape your subjective perception. He was well aware of your gotcha argument.
>>
>>78860577
I wholeheartedly agree, and it took me ten minutes to tty it
>>
>>78859473
How can an intellectual say something so retarded? Of course there are things that are true, because truth is reality, Unless he means in a more literal sense that truth doesn't have a degree of being "absolute".
>>
>>78860750
>Of course there are things that are true, because truth is reality
proof it
>>
>>78859473
>misquoting/out of context Nietzsche #7452

Is there any other writer that is this badly handled by midwits?
>>
>>78859473
for all intents and purposes hes wrong. he's right on an autistic level not worth bothering
>>
>>78860750
What is reality? How would you know anything about reality? Reality seems more like a fantasy nowadays.
>>
>>78860752
We exist
The human body is 70 percent water
2 + 2 = 4
Cats are carnivores
You are retarded
You will never be a woman
You will never have sex

These are facts, and facts are reality, and reality is the truth. To deny such things makes you delusional by definition.
>>
>>78860782
Reality is existence, existence is reality. Just because you think cutting your dick off makes you a woman doesn't mean you're a woman. Human perspective has the potential to not align with reality.
>>
>>7886075
you're right that reality is truth
see what I wrote: >>78860594
>>
>>78860783
>2 + 2 = 4
can't be proven
>>
>>78860794
Why must you say I can't be a woman if I cut off my penis? I have no penis thus I must not a be woman so? I can claim who I can be, I don't need your faggot reality shoved into mine!
>>
File: 16748304040748112.gif (66 KB, 480x271)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
>>78859473
What the book that quote is from? Yes in it's context it's right
>No one dies of fatal truths nowadays, there are too many antidotes
>Most people are far too much occupied with themselves to be malicious.
>The one necessary thing: A person must have one or the other. Either a cheerful disposition by nature, or a disposition made cheerful by art and knowledge.

Fucker is telling you to stop being a fucking loser with obsessions over what data and shit tells you and go out to touch grass and live your life.
>>
>>78860768
You haven't even read the book or any of his literate, you don't even know what OPs quote is in context.
>>
>>78860806
If you have 1 set of 2 oranges, and another set of 2 oranges, then you add them together to make a set of 4 oranges. I just proved it, if you deny facts then you're a delusional nigger.
>>
>>78860819
and i don't plan to. if it needed more context then add it
>>
>>78860823
thats not math though, thats a personal representation of the situation
>>
>>78860767
Nietzsche deliberately contradicts himself in order to resist easy interpretation, but they're not mere "crude" contradictions - they always offer subtlety and nuance upom more careful examination. It's like poetry. Someone might say "the ice warms my soul": people like OP are sitting there saying "What? Ice is COLD, dummy." But the poem is about the joys of winter and the love of being out in the cold.

Nietzsche does this intentionally to stave off the midwits. He never predicted that the internet would put his words in front of the eyes of every retard on Earth.
>>
>>78860831
No nigger, this is how logic works. Logic is 100% consistent with reality, it's purely black and white, it's the definition of objectivity, not a matter of opinion. Perspective doesn't automatically guarantee that you understand reality.
>>
>>78860594
>almighty creator
>hence he can't change it
So then not almighty. btfo, Epicurus.
>>
>>78860849
you just gave an example in reality to prove your logic and reality can be interpretend in different ways. using logic alone you can't prove 2+2 = 4
>>
File: 1696947830755890.jpg (36 KB, 307x375)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>78860849
>Logic is 100% consistent with reality
Man ... there's so much in life that's totally irrational, but still real. When you get older you notice that. Logic is good for stem, but not for much more.
>>
>>78860891
>reality can be interpretend in different ways
Doesn't mean the interpretation aligns with reality. If you tried to lift a 10 ton boulder with your bare hands and delude yourself that you lifted it, it doesn't mean you actually lifted it. Your nigger logic will not fool me.
>>
>>78860916
define align with reality in a logical way. you keep using reality to prove your logic
>>
>>78860933
Because logic is reality, because reality is consistent, reality is truth, truth is 100% consistent, and the truth is you're a nigger that can't understand reality no matter how many times the truth is shown.
>>
>>78860933
>>78860990
And reality is also existence, and you will never be a woman because y chromosomes exist in your dna, fuck you nigger faggot.
>>
>>78859473
My cock is bigger than yours and i have fucked your mother
>>
>>78860990
>logic is reality
youre a giga midwit i think this conversation is beyond your reasoning abilities
still didnt provide a definition of aligning with reality
>>
>>78861010
>define what an orange is
>it's a fruit
>YOU STILL HAVEN'T DEFINED WHAT AN ORANGE IS

This is your logic nigger
>>
File: 1713027643493636.jpg (38 KB, 387x341)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>78861004
wrong guy
>>
>>78861017
you're proving my point but too retarded to realise
>>
>>78861018
No she liked it
>>
>>78861017
here's yourr featherless biped
>>
>>78861023
the definition of aligning with reality is to accept what exists, but you will of course continue being a stupid fucking nigger
>>
>>78861031
and who says that the thing you accept that exists is an accurate representation?
>>
File: images[2].jpg (10 KB, 276x182)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>78859480
maybe you do, fleshbag
>>
>>78861038
If it's not an accurate representation then it doesn't exist by definition, things either exist or they don't exist. What part of your nigger brain doesn't understand this?
>>
>>78861075
>If it's not an accurate representation then it doesn't exist by definition
what doesn't exist?
>>
>>78861105
the object you're trying to represent is still there, your representation is just wrong. are you saying theres no object that resembles your inaccurate representation? it might exist just not be the one in front of you
>>
>>78859480
Until there's nobody left to breath it
>>
>>78861105
2 + 2 = 5
A square circle
Santa Claus

These don't exist, the first two are logically impossible for it to exist but Santa Claus can or cannot exist depending on where the domain of existence is. Santa Claus exists as a drawing but doesn't exist as a person.
>>
>>78860593
only faggot pseuds with room temperature IQ read b**ks, they will dilute the keen instincts you developed by browsing image boards
>>
>>78861145
you're retarded my man. its like arguing math with a chimp
>>
>>78860825
>and i don't plan to.
enjoy a worthless life where you are fooled by anybody and have nothing to show for it.
>>
>>78861196
plenty of people went through life just fine without reading nietzsche. strong autistic cope
>>
>>78860843
>Nietzsche deliberately contradicts himself in order to resist easy interpretation
Also translators struggle to get what he is saying out right too. The amount of ministrations of his work is staggering
>>
>>78861175
There's no hope for you nigger, you're clearly incapable of reasoning with your watermelon fried chicken brain. Die and burn in hell monkey.
>>
>>78861203
>he thinks this is just about one author.
You were a midwit that took one line and assumed truth with it, you are the type that won't read or better yourself. Again, stay stupid stay miserable and enjoy being our pet to amuse ourselves with like the OP has done.
>>
>>78861220
relax pajeet its not that serious. accept your subhuman status
>>
>>78861230
books are for losers, winners do
>>
>>78859473
this is about truth as unconcealing (aletheia) vs truth as correctness (verum) from the roman tradition
https://aphelis.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Martin-Heidegger-On-the-Essence-of-Truth.pdf
heidegger makes it more clear in a sort of discrete digestable way.
nietzsche requires reading much more of his actual work
the moral relativsm, absolute morality vs subjective morality, modern talk about absolute facts is all mid wit bullshit that has nothing to do with nietzsche and are all fake conversations
you have to just read people, he has a positive view focus on that if you want to understand him
>>
>>78859473
>Is it absolutely true that there are no "absolute truths"?
Not really. There are truths that can be proved and are not subject of opinion in a conventional way, like physics' laws which are arguable only as far as research goes. An example for a not absolute truth would be historical events from the past (pre-modern age at least), where we have no way anymore of being certain that what happened is accurate to what the evidence portrays. Social truths, however, are more easily subject of opinions, evidence doesn't seem to have enough value to counterpoint the one of perspective and subjectivity for some reason.
>>
>>78859500
what is breathing what is oxygen
>>
>>78860876
omnipotence is about potential and concept too. God can conceptualize autophagy, yet may never execute it.
>>
Such a retarded question. It's absolute truth itself that's under question. It's like if someone said "there are no unicorns" and you say "hmm... but what do the unicorns think about that?"
>>
>>78861320
to be more specific, he can execute it, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you want it. What God as concept did was to make it impossible for reality itself to 'want' autophagy, although we can conceptualize it.
>>
i personally dont really think anything can be proven completely, you can just question arbitrary weird shit about anything
>2 and 2 is 4
it would seem so but then you gotta ask shit like, well, do numbers and shit exist in nature or is it something more purely mental?
>>
>>78861579
Your access to philosophical language is poor, but your instincts are sharp. Even formal laws of logic require presupposed axioms to be treated as valid. Language itself does not lend itself to certain knowledge, nor does logic, nor any aspect of limited human psychology.
>>
>>78859473
God I wish we had more threads like this. It's like a breath of fresh air in a swamp made of shit.
>>
An absolute "truth" is tautological, essentially.
>>
>>78859473
Truth, facts, etc. Are always bounded by human thoughts and understanding.

It's a tricky subject because well how can you ever know anything? It might even be the case that the mad quest for knowledge is just a side effect of our higher intellect compared to animals and the constant desire to 'know' more and more about anything is nothing but a pathological side effect of our thinking.

When you learn about things in the world you essentially just memorize relations and interactions between things.

Physicist 'know' what particles do and how they interact with each other and nominally what they are made of. But even with our vast understanding of physics we still don't know what a 'particle' or 'energy' actually is. We know a whole hell of a lot about it's qualities but we don't actually know what they are.
>>
>>78861912
Which brings me to my own question on the subject. Can there ever be anything intelligent enough to 'know' everything about the world/universe? I would kind of assume not because that gets into godel's incompleteness theorem. where a subset of a system can never 'explain' for lack of a better word the whole system. but im kind of paraphrasing this and perhaps an anon with a strong mathematics background can better clarify.
>>
>>78861912
Not just that, but I think human beings evolved to think in narrative form as a means to preserve consciousness through memory. We have to have a linear conception of time for our memories to be preserved and that linear conception of time necessitates a narrative form of though - which is why knowledge is preserved in mythological form. Those groups who did not pass on practical knowledge to their descendants, like tool making/use, hunting, dangers to avoid, healthy foods, medicines, etc. would leave them at a disadvantage and they would die off more frequently relative to those who did pass it on; and without writing, oral teachings were necessary, which were preserved largely through myth. This means that humans are inextricably bound to a form of thinking that requires meaning and not just brute facts, and so we project meaning onto everything - and we can hardly live without it. But where is the meaning? Is it "out there"? No. We make it up. Yet we expect to "find" or "discover" it.
>>
>>78859473
There are eternal truths
Only cucks deny them
>>
>>78859473
For yourself you exist undeniably. The format in which you truly exist may not be what it appears, or may be, but you existing is a fact by virtue of having experience. Doesnt apply externally though, just for yourself
>>
File: 1726214762423006.png (659 KB, 879x879)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>78860767
What was he trying to say with that then?
>>
File: nice guy syndrome.jpg (893 KB, 1500x2057)
893 KB
893 KB JPG
>>78859473
there is only one truth
>>
>>78859473
yes unfortunately, it's always paradoxes in the end.
>>
>>78862660
It's been explained ITT
>>
>>78862471
What might those be?
>>
>>78862595
Descartes pls go
>>
>>78860511
There is some speculation that physical laws might be different elsewhere in the universe. These laws are observed, not proven. They could change.
>>
>>78863074
Descartes made the mistake of trying to discern what the nature of the experiencer/experiencing is while also staying in the realm of absolute knowledge

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.