[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1670786408534147.jpg (70 KB, 810x780)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Every anon knows 4chan is trending downwards. What are your ideas to put this site on the right track again?

>BETTER MOBILE FEATURES
there needs to be an experimental mobile first board and a mobile app

>MORE BOARDS
they should add like 5 new boards ASAP, each new board increases the active poster population its just common sense

>AUTOMATIC CONVERSION, VIDEO WITH SOUND
enable videos with sound on every board, but only allow each poster to post like 2 webm with sound at a time. that's fair I think. Also have automatic browser side file conversion. If someone posts a webp image it should automatically be converted to jpg. If someone posts a .mov it should automatically be converted to webm. if someone posts a file over 4 mb or whatever the limit is it should automatically be compressed down to the image size limit.

>DATING, CHESS

Add a dating board! Add a chess board using the code from lichess! Make more interesting experimental boards! TRY THINGS!

What do you guys think?
>>
Just go to twitter it's genuinely way better.
>>
>>78973467
Range ban India and Brazil
>>
>>78973467
the best way to fix 4chan is to shut it down
>>
>>78973472
I'm already on twitter and as much as I like it I want 4chan to succeed, I feel an emotional connection with 4chan like no other site
>>
I don't know how it would work but some kind of thread revive. I scroll the catalog and it just seems like I miss a good one a lot.

Maybe a random thread button on the front page. It might expose people to more boards.
>>
>>78974159
both those things already exist don't they
>>
>>78973467
All they had to do was go full in on mobile,
make an app
make it better on mobile users
steal 4chanx its features in implement them without needing scripts
ban retard spammers

But its all to late now most people left for instagram and twitter
>>
>>78973467
>implying Hiro give a shit to this website
>>
>>78973467
okay so here's the idea
>CUNNY board
self explanatory
>ADD ORIGINALITY BOT EVERYWHERE
self explanatory
>BAN GENERALS ON /B/ AND /R9K/
self explanatory
>>
>>78974210
Twitter is honestly pretty fun desu.
>esoteric racism without the inane /pol/ tier spamming
>more banter
>more original content
>cool art
And I can still remain an anon.
>>
>>78973467
>AUTOMATIC CONVERSION, VIDEO WITH SOUND

This maybe. But where are they going if not here? I know it's not fucking Facebook or reddit
>>
there should be a politics board that's made for actual political discussion and not something like
>Jews run the government and all banking so they are shit
>insert image of shitty jewish wojak hanging themselvvgpd0
>>
I was here on an Ipod touch in 2010, if you cant handle this site on mobile you shouldn't fucking be here little bitch
also death to phone posters
>>
>>78974319
>This maybe. But where are they going if not here?
twitter is eating into 4chan's demographic pretty fucking strongly

the format of twitter encourages better posters, considering you can actually build your brand and make money off twitter
>>
>>78974306
cunny board would actually bring in so much ad revenue kek
>>
>>78974306
>>78974367
website would be banned by cloudflare within hours
>>
>>78974400
I'm surprised it hasn't considering B exists
>>
>>78974400
really? /b/ and /s4s/ already have loli threads so i don't think itd make that big of a difference
plus glowieflare doesn't give a fuck about what you host, tons of pirating sites or other illegal stuff use glowieflare just fine
>>
>>78974429
the difference is 4chan's notoriety to be honest

4chan gets a lot of negative press despite being far more tame than a site like twitter or reddit in all honesty
>>
>>78974310
Twitter is probably the one website where I hate the right wing users more than the lefties.
All your favorite greek statue accounts are pretentious subhumans who are dumber than the people they hate.
I could kill somebody and sleep at night just off of knowing they liked that niggerfaggotry.
>>
>>78974461
The Greek statue posting is annoying. I'm mostly there because the shitposting and memes are great. Some of the studies that get cited are interesting to read over occasionally. I don't take it too seriously.
>>
File: philosopher jak.png (537 KB, 476x645)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>78974461
>>78974489
mein wisdom
>>
>>78973467
The demand for online discussion is going away. Thats an issue that goes beyond the scope of 4chan's internal issues. Reddit is nothing but bots. People just want their media consumption to be a sugary and as directly catering to their personal comforts as possible. Longtail minded places like 4chan have no place in the tiktok brained era of the Internet.
>>
>>78973467
>Disable mobile features
>Less boards
>No videos, only pictures
>No experiments
>>
>>78974367
We tried /L/ a few years ago, and it became CP, but not in the Club Penguin way. We have /B/ already for that in a controlled environment. and Twitter has Loli.
>>
>>78973472
The algorithm there is so shit though, I keep having to make new accounts to get a decent timeline.
>>
>>78973467
other than 4chan mobile app(XD) all of these changes would be cool but moot hates us
>>
File: 1722920644576142.png (31 KB, 453x271)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>78973467
>Add new boards
I would like this too, maybe dating but I would like a horror (/x/ is too spiritual) or greentext board (which would be really cheap because just make it text only)
Hiro is a cheap jew so he could just make some of the less populated boards have a page count of 5 to reduce cost
>>
>stop logging ips
>stop logging our posts
>>
>>78973467
>Mobile friendly
No, it should be mobile aggressive
>More boards
More bloat != good
>Files with sound
Not youtube
>Dating
It should be anonymus website.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.