[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20241002_070119_607.jpg (161 KB, 1080x940)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
you do own your own website right?
>>
>>79141925
not really, but i could easily develop and deploy it
if only i had any idea what to make in the first place, lol
>>
>>79141940
mine just has listings from my online store (on a another website) on it and some ads i couldnt be bothered to make it look slicker so it looks like a 2010 html fart

i was thinking of making another one that will just copy paste news articals on it from other portals but strip the bullshit and just do text.
>>
>>79141925
why would i want my own website just for the sake of it? pointless
>>
>>79141925
Yeah, I use it as a resume, a place to host random apps I make and a Jellyfin server to watch movies with frens.
>>
>>79141925
I have a domain with some private hosted shit but nothing that is public
>>
>>79142032
if you hate the way the internet is why dont you do something about it
>>
How much does a domain and hosting cost
>>
>>79142280
>domain
I think i pay 6 bucks a year for mine
>hosting
depends what you need but could be free
>>
>>79142280
>domain
my costed like 2 bucks a year no credit card paid with cash
>hosting
i use a free hosting service
>>
>>79142344
debit card
>>
>>79141925
I own a couple, and several parked domains. Mostly unrealized projects I wanted to start with the friend I lost.
>>
>>79141962
i see, good place to start as any
later on i want to develop a system to keep track of my finances, would be a nice experience to learn react and maybe django (i may go with flask + sqlalchemy instead since simpler)
but this year i've been so absorbed in my studies and whatever other bullshit that i haven't gotten around to it

>copy paste news articals on it from other portals but strip the bullshit and just do text
could be a nice project, go for it
and not very difficult either, depending on the sites you use
with enough luck, all you'll have to do is parse some of the html
>>
>>79142536
I dont know how i will do it,i was thinking of doing something through rss i dunno its still up in concept part.
It gonna be a crime watch/political scandal type of site that just lists out the crimes it sources from smaller regional town websites that will be the automated part,it will have another part that will be hand done i already made in photoshop some time prior during some protests i was in of links betwen local politicians and known gangsters sourced with archived news headlines.
They wont neccesarly be connected these two parts but you could maybe connect some of these events to form a picture of what is happening.

I dont have a name for it yet for marketing i will just do stickers maybe leave some contact cards in offices i know a few guys who are realy into this idea.

>Keep track of my finances
I have a job,this side thing,a car that works sometimes,a commie block i live in and another commie block i rent out,all of the finances for this from bills income and tax i do in a single big excel table lol.
>>
>>79142711
rss sounds reasonable, that crossed my mind as well
i'd say try to do some parts manually first, like fetching resources from the terminal or something (curl and the likes), so you have an idea of what your application will be dealing with
might give you a better idea
>marketing
if i was you, i'd make the system happen for my own sake and convenience first, then extend it to anyone else who might be interested

>a single big excel table
believe it or not i barely ever used office in my life
but i'm aware there are other resources and means to solve that problem for me, it's just that i want to learn these new frameworks and apply them to an actual solution instead of making a mock project i'll never touch again
>>
>>79142790
>Id make the system happen for my own sake and convenience first, then extend it to anyone else who might be interested

oh yeah ofcourse i cant half ass this once its up its up i dont intend to touch it much maybe once a month i just thinking the ways to spread it other then having friendly fb and ig pages shout it out,this has to reach the boomer demographic aswell and this is the only way i can think off.

>believe it or not i barely ever used office in my life
lucky you
>>
>>79142902
>once its up its up i dont intend to touch it much maybe once a month
lol, you're in for a surprise
software doesn't always work like that, often times most of your work will be after it's up
so good luck with your project, anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.