[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
[s4s] - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719634010284.jpg (53 KB, 748x776)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
i wish more anime would try to be artful instead of just mishmashing

>copious exposition
>teenage boy wish fulfillment
>requirement to say your special move's name each time you use it
>trope of "main protagonist has ultimate mysterious power or entity locked inside them that they can't fully control which always saves them at the last second and sometimes runs wild and poses a danger to their allies"
>(optional) transported to another world with fantasy characteristics

western television has much, much better writing on average
>>
bump
>>
>>11607477
the smarter japanese people try to write to more hamfisted it feels
>>
>>11607477
In this world of Esfores, to which you have been transported... there are repeating digits of great, almost uncontrollable power, known as "DUBS." Hundreds of young boys leave home to join an adventuring guild, in hope of one day becoming a heroic finder of DUBS -- a "CHECKER."
>>
>>11607505
i don't think it's inherent to being japanese or something but yes, that's very true. the more "cerebral" anime are just clunky and dumb

are there any exceptions? frieren seems to be a show with pretty good writing and none of those tropes but surely it can't be the only one
>>
>>11607524
lole
>>
>>11607477
nipponese dubs

i've got no complaints.

*sip*

anime invented pocky so anime is quite alright with me.

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
just stop watching modern shounenshits then
>>
>>11607783
what should i watch. the other genres seem to be for girls or waifu-ers
>>
>>11608016
if you dont like anime, dont watch anime...
>>
>>11608016
watch classic ovas and movies from the 80s
angels egg and cyber city oedo are good recs from the top of my head
>>
>>11608032
people always say this but SURELY the past 10 or 20 years have produced something with good writing, right?
>>
>>11607500
unchecked doubles on the last page!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.