[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
[s4s] - Sh*t 4chan Says

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stressed americano.jpg (36 KB, 888x522)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>be me
>be 22
>enlisted into armed forces as an intelligence analyst
>thought that I would finally find something that I can excel in since I assumed intel involves forensics, creativity, critical thinking and pattern recognition, which I find interesting
>thought that I'll also find a community of weird fucks who enjoy their work and share a sense of camaraderie
>"hey, I'll finally found a successful career and be an important man as a subject matter expert that no one else can challenge"
>turns out I need to manage people as well, which I'm horrible at
>my superiors keep critiquing that I'm too slow in my assessment
>I also have to multitask a lot of crap (I can't) and assume irrelevant appointments I didn't sign up for (like facility management)
>when I wake up sometimes, I feel like puking and hiding under my blanket, but I can't because I have too much work to finish, and I want to prove to myself that I'm not a pussy
>but mfw when I'm starting to feel burnt out and demoralized
>mfw when I feel cheated
>my colleagues don't like me at all, they all think I'm a weirdo
>nobody here wants to be friends with me, they tolerate me at best
>sometimes, I can hear within earshot of them commenting negatively about me
>"anon is not normal"
>"anon is going to screw things up"
>"anon is awkward and hard to talk to"
>"anon is naive and shouldn't have joined up"

My seniors are redeploying to different units, and that means I'm going to become a platoon sergeant soon. I've been in the unit for less than 8 months, and I'm going to be responsible for 20+ men. I don't think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility. Fuck man, I just wanted to be a desk jockey who analyzes data and research

I can feel the upcoming storm of clusterfucks that's going to birth during my 1st tour. I'm scared to hell that I can't fill those big shoes I need to wear. There are better leaders than me out there, I shouldn't be here. People are going to suffer because of my incompetence

WTF do i do now?
>>
Make your own way
>>
>>11659861
First you have to ask yourself what you actually want
it appears that you actually have not really decided if you want that high command position
you have to be determined for your resolve to reach what you want
at the moment you are anxious and undecided on what to do, you are afraid ... but to be honest anxiety is a normal trait for many fellow zoomers
if you know what you want you have to be determined and act
then you can believe in yourself and steer towards your goal
do, do, do and there will be, there will be, there will be
>>
>>11659861
get a medical discharge or something if possible? and then try to find a similar job in the private sector, maybe even contracting with the military doing the same thing but without all the bullshit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.