[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HkKvvm5.jpg (173 KB, 1080x1556)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
Why is the IQ of college students today so much lower than it was in the past?
>>
>>16114354
Flynn effect
>>
>>16114354
>not even smarter than the average person
bleak. These institutions should be shut down. We are well beyond the point of their usefulness.
>>
more college students than ever
>>
>>16114354
nigs and cunts, simple as
>>
>>16114354
School and College years have no right to be as long as they are. Anything they teach you can be crammed at a quarter of the time by the average iq person if you cut out the bullshit.
>>
>>16114456
They are just daycares at this point.
>>
>>16114354
They don't need to be smarter than average they just have to be educated that's the whole point of the institution.
>>
>>16114456
School districts across the country are eliminating programs for the intellectually superior students because it makes the dumb ones feel dumb, which is the worst thing possible. They won't be happy until they manage to pull all of the intelligent students down to the level of the pavement ape.
>>
>>16114471
If I could go back in time, I'd take all the easiest classes possible instead of the honors stuff and just chill my way through HS.
>>
Universities want more money, not ambitious and intelligent youth, so they lower the standards. Thus more people pay more money for lower quality education $$$
>>
>>16114494
High school doesn't matter unless you ace those honors classes and get a scholarship to a college that actually can get you into whatever field you want.
>>
>>16114513
incentives
>>
>>16114517
I got into a nice college and have good now, but I feel like those classes had less to do with it than I thought at the time and are more of a headache than they are worth. All of schooling is a monumental waste of time from a practical standpoint. The vast majority of people don't need it and the few industries that would benefit from specialized education can just have their own testing and leave it to mostly independent study.
>>
>>16114528
*good job now
>>
>>16114354
Because they let anyone in.
I remember doing peep reviews of papers and came across multiple that didn't use paragraphs. One giant four page block of text. In college. The prof yelled at me for marking them as zero. He to me university policy was that if someone paid and showed up he wasn't allowed to fail them.
>>
As the labor pool of people with university credentials grows, the demand for their labor will shrink
>hurrrrrr i can do some math that a computer can do a million times faster
>why can't i find a job that pays more than minimum wage?
>>
>>16114354
Just look at your picture, OP.
>>
People who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
This has all happened before.
>>
>>16114417
flynn effect is the opposite
>>
>>16114354
It's weird because I studied math and I'm constantly getting bothered by employers. I don't care man I'm fucking autistic I want to go to academia because it's safer for my autism.
>>
>>16114727
The Nnylf or N-effect
>>
small hats
>>
File: Average_African_IQ.png (433 KB, 502x548)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>16114354
>Why is the IQ of college students today so much lower than it was in the past?

Unknowable... If there was only some hint... some common thread... it is just impossible to figure out
>>
>>16114354
>employers can't count on grads to be smarter than average
Oh gosh, I guess they might have to start training and developing their employees and have to offer raises and advancement to keep them. How terrible!
>>
>>16114354
blacks, women and dei rules
be the underlying cause as it may
math students have higher iq than gender studies students and blacks are accepted preferentially relative to their academic scores
>>
you can dress it up in a theory of your liking, you can say it's this or that phenomena, that it's racial, that it's the jews, but that is only a projection of what is actually happening, which is a natural process. civilizations will at certain points, when close to technological revolution, undergo amplification of both knowledge and stupidity, the result of which is the harvest of pure condensed knowledge, redistributed to a small new elite. the political stuff is just a mirage.
>>
>>16114429
per capita?
>>
>>16114354
>decades ago
>you only goto college if you want a job that requires a degree
>engineer, doctor, accountant ect.

>boomers completely break hiring standards
>every entery level job requires college
>dumber people that don't want big brain jobs goto college
>average college student IQ drops
>>
>>16114354
The photo in the article explains it.
>>
>>16114456
It's the right length, just the wrong focus. Every program suffers from an unbelievable amount of core curriculum and elective bloat. The average 120 credit bachelor's degree only spends about 30-40 hours on actual Major-related classes (50-60 for hardcore shit like math, physics, engineering, etc.), and I've seen programs at accredited universities as low as 20-25, which is bordering on fucking Minor territory. Meanwhile all of these degrees will require 80-90 hours of gen eds and bullshit elective classes that only exist to justify the existence of some of the hang-on departments.

You could whittle down cores to one each of:
Math, Philosophy, Natural Science, Social Science, Rhetoric, Literature, History
and 2-3 electives. That'd be 30-40 credits, and the other 80-90 could all be major coursework. You'd be able to spend more time covering the knowledge and skills that students in a Major want and need to learn. Imagine how much more prepared students in a Computer Science or Physics or Engineering or Biology program would be if you were doing 20-25 courses in your Major area over the course of four years instead of 10-15.
>>
>>16116044
Meanwhile people literally failing high school coursework with double digit IQ end up in undergrad programs.

For some people, 5 semesters after their AP coursework is overkill. For others, 5 decades could not raise them to the level their program should require. There's no (acceptable) solution.
>>
>>16115665
Why is Sierra Leone the highest IQ country in Africa?
>>
The browner people get, the lower IQ drops. Huh.
>>
File: standards.png (84 KB, 1200x800)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>
>>16116062
It's called "standardized testing" and it successfully eliminated the majority of students who weren't cut out for college before they wasted 4-5 years and tens of thousands of dollars on it.
>>
Because colleges in the past promoted and fostered independent thought and learning. Not woke brainwashing.
>>
It's all so tiresome. Tiresome to see, understand. Tiresome to watch. Tiresome to try to explain.

The financial system has been corrupted by well intentioned nonsense. Everything that has happened since the 50s/60s has been things meant to keep what was put in place viable, even though such things can never be viable without free infinite resources. Despite the obvious that many burdensome money programs have had no positive effect. Perhaps even in spite of such reality.

College was turned into a profit mill, same as housing (Housing should NEVER be a profit investment scheme - such activity means a society is heading for unavoidable disaster.)

It all comes down to bloating the GDP to bloat the inflation figures to bloat the profit number to bloat the tax base to attempt to pay for things that simply cannot be paid for. Remove welfare of all forms including Social Security Retirement and all of these problems go away in a decade.
No nation in history has ever survived the behavioral, social, and financial sinkhole that comes from well-wisher easy money welfare programs on top of using unceasing immigration to fill gaps and keep costs low.
Minimum Wage is a thing in particular which is both cause and effect of all of this. We got our $15/hr, now it's nowhere near enough so it needs to be $20. And next decade it has to be $30. Or 50. Wit hthe rate things are moving, your kids will flip burgers and stock shelves for $100 an hour and they still wont be able to provide a family of four without welfare and living poor.

>avg IQ has plunged
When a major business in the financial system needs 10 million new applicants every year to keep the books black they'll take every bleeding heart dumb enough to sign a contract for anything.
Don't forget how your credit rate went up to subsidize people who can't manage to make a $40 payment on time every month.

All effects and symptoms. Such a big multi dimensional spiral-web of downflowing shit.
>>
>>16116548
>Remove welfare of all forms including Social Security Retirement and all of these problems go away in a decade.
I would've started with ceasing big business subsidies and/or bailouts tee bee aytch. That sucks up more tax dollars than any poor-person subsidies. Remember that poor people pay taxes twice - the first time is when their bosses profit, the second is when the government comes in for scraps.
>>
>>16114354
Universities realized that as long as they still turn out grain at the top level, they can also churn out as much chaff as they want. And the chaff still makes them money, so you may as well lower your standards.
>>
File: Ben_Vote_Welfare.jpg (27 KB, 403x403)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>16116548
>Remove welfare of all forms including Social Security Retirement

NO, Social Security is OK... BUT welfare for people that made stupid life choices is suicide for a society, it literally reinforces the idea that the more pathetic a person is the more welfare they should receive.
>>
If only intelligent people who can see through the bullshit could group together and establish an independent nation that is free of all the nonsense.
>>
>>16114354
What is it dropping to?
>>
>>16117060
Social security is not OK. Not mathematically, not morally, not socially.

Sorry boomerniggers, you have to STOP PRINTING
>>
>>16114354
All the exams are filled with logic and there isn't any opportunity for creativity in an exam, you should follow only what your teacher wants.

The education is for the elite, you should pay and not all can do that.
>>
File: Pepe_Voice_Of_Reason.png (275 KB, 837x744)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>16117154
>Social security is not OK. Not mathematically, not morally, not socially.

Dude the Govt has been FORCING the TAKING of money from working people for decades SPECIFICALLY guaranteeing them that they would then be taken care AFTER working their entire life until they are old.
Social Security is not WELFARE!!, people were FORCED to contribute with the guarantee that they would be taken care of.
>>
>>16117060
Social security is not OK. It is a ponzie scheme. Population has to grow at a set rate, and income has to grow at a set rate for SSR to be solvent.

You can't pay for 40 million people's retirement checks from the miniscule SSR taxes taken out of 40 million people's paychecks. You need 120 million people to cover those 40.
But then, 40 years later you have 80 million people who need to be payed for. You can't cover that with the miniscule paycheck taxes from 160 million people.

It's broken by design. And I've not even gone into how an index'd growth fund would end up paying for itself (but we cant have that, because people are shit and will rob it!)

End all social welfares. All. And the nightmare stops.
>>
>>16115716
>Hurr durr technological revolution is JUST around the corner guys!!!
Sure bro
>>
>>16114354
Access and ease of enrollment. Are they only measuring graduates? Are they distinguishing between public and private schools? Accounting for decreasing percentage in stem and increasing in basket weaving majors?
>>
>>16114354
Simple thing: IQ is based on average intelligence (that being 100). Because the general education improved over time, the average college now isn't that huge of a leap smarter than the avg person
>>
>>16114354
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policy has allowed dregs of society into institutions they should never have been allowed in.
>>
>>16116044
>>16116062
Great deal of these policies are born from the need to maintain social cohesion and placating unwanted minorities, half of whom who shouldn't even be in this country.
Begin mass deportations, get rid of nignogs whatever mystery meat 'mutts' from the federal government that shouldn't even be there (nobody in the whole world world likes them anyway), and cancel all DEI policies.
Bring back meritocracy, suspend or expel those that fail to live up to standards meant for us.
It's all about placating freaks who shouldn't even be here.
>>
>>16117428
The good portion of public and even private universities around the country have effectively become social welfare institutions.
>>
>>16117092
We had such a nation, and we will have it again.
>>
File: 12-years-not-a-slave.png (396 KB, 515x453)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>16117850
Nazi Germany proved how difficult that is to achieve. If you try the jews will bring all of their goylem slaved from around the world to try and stop you.
>>
>>16114528
The true purposes of education are:
-indocrination into Globohomo
-create useful idiots by making them think they are infallible, because they have a piece of paper that says they're smart
-get them into debt
-give them something to lose
-most importantly, get semi-intelligent people to waste their most fertile years, after which their labor will be used to help idiots breed. This effect is most pronounced in women.
>>
>>16114354
>Why is the IQ of college students today so much lower than it was in the past?

Obama's DEI working it's magic.
>>
>>16114354
Your picture explains why very succinctly.
>>
>>16114354
dysgenic breeding + dysgenic immigration + politicians forcing higher % of population into education
>>
What's funny is even in all of this shit show of $$$ education. ¢¢jobs. $$$SSI. -$-$-$Debt. It is still feasible to make a huge change to help everyone.

And just FYI the US dollar was never backed by gold. 1859- 300million gold by 1863 1.5billion paper currency in circulation. But we still have people saying "the dollar use to be strong because it was backed by the gold standard" and most people don't even know the national debt was paid off in 1835. With property tax. "Our dollar would be stronger is the debt wasn't there".. Rick and Morty season 3 episode 1 *APRIL FOOLS* ROFLMFAO. Oh god it so hilarious cause it's traumatizing. And there's talk about reinstating the gold standard.
>>
>>16115668
Yeah, good look getting them to pay more for shittier candidates.
>>
>>16120800
>the US dollar was never backed by gold. 1859- 300million gold by 1863 1.5billion paper currency in circulation.
Is this true?
>>
>>16121849
The dollar's value was defined in terms of weight of gold until 1934, when FDR made it illegal to own gold. However even when the dollar was gold denominated, the government would just announce "today the dollar is worth 20% less gold than it was yesterday because we want to print more money and use it to enrich ourselves and our patrons"
>>
>>16114460
This. I'd argue outside medicine and stem they've been a bay sitting operation since at least 2015. Possibly 2010 depending on the institute.
>>
>>16116094
If accurate its probably got so little welfare or charity that literal natural selection will be operating. The dumbs get killed first leaving majority middle IQ.
>>
File: sheen2.jpg (22 KB, 445x663)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>College was turned into a profit mill, same as housing
Society was "built on capitalism" so everything is going to follow the capitalist model: to make everything as profitable as possible on an industrialized level of production.
This doesn't necessarily have to do with IQ, but government grants have only exacerbated the problem.
>the college needs to spend money on quality education
>but they get free millions absolutely guaranteed with govt assistant
>they all do
>free money means no need for competition, it all leads to stagnation
Now you have 3x more non-professor academic staff than professors, hitherto unseen levels of bloat.
This is all a problem, not the problem OP discussed. That is that IQ is falling globally across all races and economic factors. There's only one thing that could be causing it, and it's smartphones. Those pocket internet supercomputers have wrecked people's
>attention spans
always entertainment right there
>memory retention
don't need to remember shit just look it up
>problem solving
don't need to think things just look them up
>socialization
have to do all that shit online, can't talk to people because that's ick
And then there's minor shit like basic geographic navigation (i got maps apps bro) and the ability to type coherently.
Back in my day people used to type "brb" or "lol" because you were playing an MMO and nobody had time to type "i'll be back soon" or "that was fairly amusing". Now everything is these acronyms or monosyllable. There's that book "The Shallows." I haven't read it yet but it talks about the cognitive aspect. That's probably your smoking gun.
>>
>>16121849

https://www.history.com/topics/19th-century/gold-rush-of-1849

750k lbs of gold.

750,000 pounds. 1 pound =16 ounces.
750,000×16 =12,000,000 Oz.
1Oz= 28 grams.
12,000,000×28=336,000,000
1 troy ounce is/was 31.1
336,000,00/31.1=10,803,858.???.

1 troy ounce was $30 from 1800-1970.
10,803,857×30= $324,115,750.

And the main reason 1.5billion was in circulation was confederate money. And the government laundering it out for USD.

https://www.history.com/topics/19th-century/gold-rush-of-1849

Since they didn't want confederate cash to continue and didn't want to cripple the economy.
>>
>>16123097
What? The gold standard was established in 1870. The government wanted to get rid of the gold standard in the 1920s. And finalized no more gold standard in 1971. Because they got tired of others countries buying gold low. And selling gold high.

USA was that kid in school that would buy/sell a piece of gun for a nickel in January. You buy 1,000 pieces. And buy and sell piece of gun for a dime in May. And you sell it back. Then he sells it for a nickel again in August. And you buy 3,000. That's why.
>>
College is the new high school, having a bachelor's degree is the new high school diploma

why? money
>>
>>16114417
The Flynn effect is such horse shit.

That one 2013 study alone suggested we’ve dropped like 15~ IQ points since the Victorian period due to dwindling reaction times alone.

White people have gotten significantly stupider.

How the hell did Flynn ever pass it off?
>>
“College students once stood out from the pack on IQ tests. Today, they're about average. A recent meta-analysis found that undergraduates' IQs have steadily fallen from roughly 119 in 1939 to a mean of 102 in 2022, just slightly above the population average of 100“

What the fuck is happening to our brains
>>
>>16114354
It started being whoever could pay can get in instead of whoever was the smartest
>>
>>16114354
If you must ask then you are probably contributing to the decline.
>>
>>16125785
>What the fuck is happening to our brains
What the fuck is happening to our quality filters
>>
File: sure.gif (682 KB, 275x207)
682 KB
682 KB GIF
>>16120714
I had given up hope that there were was any form of intelligence on this board. Your post has renewed my will to live and I will not kys myself. checkmate atheists
>>
>>16114354
I never formally attended university because you could attend lectures for a very long time before anyone noticed you weren't enrolled
>>
>>16114720

When and where ?
>>
>>16126397
>checkmate atheists
I thought you were an atheist. I didn't take you as someone who would worship jew on a stick.
>>
Because college is catch-all term for post-secondary education. People learning a skill like education, nursing, or engineering, that should really be taught at a vocational or technical college, are walking on the same campus as people studying the liberal arts like math, physics, philosophy, literature, etc.
>>
>>16114354
In a way these were always the biggest fools, but never as much as today. But reasons are boring and mundane, life is easy, smartphones and other devices largely make thinking optional.
>>
>>16125785
>average people go to college
>college students become average
>>
File: 1706135248806326.jpg (15 KB, 474x266)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>16125768
Genotypic IQ may be lowering, although there is some conjecture, but IQ, in a holistic sense, is climbing due to environmental improvements. There is some evidence that it has stopped and is plummeting, which is scary to think about, of course. I'm in favour of genetic editing to produce superior, transcendent beings; imagine if the average IQ was 140 or 150. Elon Musk's a retard, fiddling around with metal, computation, and wires. He should be funding gene editing, but hey, he isn't going to make a profit from that endeavour, really. I doubt people are going to be interested in paying to improve their embryos, I'd say. Ethicists are likely quite perturbed by such an endeavour too, as they are with cloning, and for good reason, I will add. But I wouldn't say that they translate well. I'm deeply despondent about the future; I think the glory days are over, I really do. Liberalism has evolved into something masquerading as the principles of the Enlightenment. Liberalism is the doctrine of the lazy, inconsiderate, and perpetually hedonistic. Radical individualism will be the end of us, really. People, "enriched" by liberal ethics, are simply content to slough down into their lowest possible form. As of late, I've really developed an interest in virtue ethics.

If Kant, for example, were to travel to the modern day, what would he think? Would he feel some regret? like many men before him and during him, believed in the potentiality of man.

Very sad, it is. Men before our time had such care for the future, so much so that they would begin to construct sheer structures that would be, in their time, the epitome of civilizational excellence and rigour, structures that they wouldn't even see actualized, as they'd surely die beforehand. They'd build them for those who would live beyond them and bask in their glory.

The eternal boomer will always be upon us.
>>
File: ted.jpg (177 KB, 640x854)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>16125083
thanks for the book recommendation.
>>
>>16114354
because white men realized that college is a scam and it was never about getting smarter
nowadays women, niggers and faggots are the ones getting into college while white men decided to move to trade school and start working instead of getting on debt with that shitty education
>>
>>16114417
Floyd effect
>>
>>16118446
It's honestly scary, like in recent years with Iraq for example. An entire nation brainwashed to go die for Israel.
>>
File: 1712024247569598.jpg (47 KB, 453x423)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>16128507
>>
This eerily matches up with that one study from 2013 regarding the Victorians.

— ‘The Victorian era was marked by an explosion of innovation and genius, per capita rates of which appear to have declined subsequently. The presence of dysgenic fertility for IQ amongst Western nations, starting in the 19th century, suggests that these trends might be related to declining IQ. This is because high-IQ people are more productive and more creative. We tested the hypothesis that the Victorians were cleverer than modern populations, using high-quality instruments, namely measures of simple visual reaction time in a meta-analytic study. Simple reaction time measures correlate substantially with measures of general intelligence (g) and are considered elementary measures of cognition. In this study we used the data on the secular slowing of simple reaction time described in a meta-analysis of 14 age-matched studies from Western countries conducted between 1889 and 2004 to estimate the decline in g that may have resulted from the presence of dysgenic fertility. Using psychometric meta-analysis we computed the true correlation between simple reaction time and g, yielding a decline of − 1.16 IQ points per decade or − 13.35 IQ points since Victorian times. These findings strongly indicate that with respect to g the Victorians were substantially cleverer than modern Western populations.’

Just how deep does the dumb barrel go?
>>
>>16129847
Yes, the average person now goes to college. That's what I said.
>>
File: 1000025847.jpg (341 KB, 1079x1564)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
https://www.thecrimson.com/column/a-school-outside-boston/article/2024/4/16/sperling-milner-sat-your-choice/

here's an example of a modern Harvard student
>>
>>16114354
Lmao maybe compared to last year. People like you should be the last to talk about IQ.
>>
Affirmative Action
>>
File: 1712366372244779.webm (2.94 MB, 500x666)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
File: UtZixe 3.webm (3.93 MB, 576x1022)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
First the lowered standards for high school so more people can graduate. Now they lower standards for college so more people can graduate.
>>
File: A_Chimp_Out.gif (851 KB, 300x225)
851 KB
851 KB GIF
>>16131719

Sheboon was mad that the old White lady did not spend enough time praising her for showing up to almost every class so she could earn her racial-injustice degree!
>>
>>16114354
There are virtually no admissions standards anymore, so colleges get flooded with millions of students who can barely read, write, or do basic arithmetic or exhibit any critical thinking abilities. I had a student in one of my service courses this Spring who spent five minutes arguing with me that 4 x 9 = 49.

The massive boost in enrollment has been great for administrators wanting to cash in, but it's been a fucking disaster for the quality and value of college education.
>>
File: 1703448694031349.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1024)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>16114354
Forced idiocracy, establishing a new world order isn't possible if your population isn't mentally retarded and completely subservient
>>
>>16129847
anon, we literally give college degrees to people with fucking down syndrome or nonverbal autism now.
>>
>>16131684
Bro, this article is satire. It's spot on but the chick is fiction.
>>
>>16131719
This was such a pathetic moment and that microphone definitely stunk after that.
>>
>>16131722
The left is leading the fight in abolishing education! Good! Self-educate or get fucked!
>>
>>16132689
Shill
>>
>>16132690
Go pay someone to teach you how to respond to the future.
>>
File: 1700670781111211.jpg (81 KB, 779x1024)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>16114354
Leftists, niggers, women voters, etc
>>
>>16133139
I've seen a bunch of news stories where people say math is racist because blacks and browns aren't passing at the same rate.
>>
>>16133261
Math is racist because it shows different crime rates amongst different peoples silly ;^)
>>
File: Math_Teacher.png (183 KB, 684x756)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>16133139

Not one student is up to the tested standard.
How do liberal progressives solve this problem?
Solution: Lower the testing standard!
>>
Math is racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiS3iSEshc0
>>
>>16116094
They made a huge mistake in regard to their diamond trade, one that Rwanda did not make(cutting a 50% deal with them)
>>
File: gpt4iq4.png (1.5 MB, 1192x2360)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>16114354
>believing the [WS] IQ scam

>>16131684
>muh SAT
Even a retarded chatbot with ZERO intelligence is a top performer in the joke known as the SAT.
I used to be proud of my SAT score until I saw this
>>
File: cringe.png (145 KB, 798x644)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>16127907
>only Christcucks recognize God
>>
File: dasrite.jpg (127 KB, 456x643)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>16132321
>>
>>16135007
>Chatgpt gets a low SAT score
Uh okay?
>>
File: dumb.jpg (104 KB, 1100x825)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>16133139
>>
>>16128178
>They'd build them for those who would live beyond them and bask in their glory.
“I don’t care, I’ll be dead by then” is honestly one of the most sickening sayings around. Humans don’t care for the future and never have.
>>
File: chTc.jpg (70 KB, 1170x1000)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>16135074
>>
File: pby4Ic.jpg (101 KB, 1080x1168)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>
>>16138279
Because the colleges wanted more low-IQ students, so they could get more money, and in order to keep them they had to lower academic standards.
>>
>>16138439
How many people on /sci/ can't read?
reply to this post if you're one of them
>>
>>16136926
Everything not related to STEM in colleges must be declared illegal, and the military must hunt and kill anyone involved in woke/socialist activities. Any kind of protest against cleaning education must be dealt with extreme brutality.
>>
File: ctc.jpg (48 KB, 471x705)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>16138439
Public education is a huge waste of time and money, it needs to be abolished. Any misbehaving juveniles must suffer severe corporal punishment. If niggers get cracked the most so be it, they deserve it.
>>
File: joker6.gif (1.79 MB, 355x343)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>16136732
>>
>>16114354
>IQ
You guys have been talking about psuedo science for almost three days. IQ isn't really real, and it's just proximity to resources in a developmental age.
There are more people in college these days because it's pretty much necessary to escape the debt trap of our country (by entering another debt trap)
>>
>>16133139
There's an education crisis in most schools in America, not just predominantly minority schools. Not to mention, many rightoids believe that even more public funding should be taken away from schools.
Dumbass.
>>16139005
Also a dumbass. It needs to be reformed, not abolished. It clearly works in other places and has only began to worsen as costs are cut (larger classrooms, poor food/nutrition, low student to teacher ratio, etc) .
>>
>>16139094
>it's pretty much necessary to escape the debt trap of our country
nice victim complex. you're just too lame to admit that you went to college because you're lazy and didn't want to get a job. and your daddy pays for your schooling, you're not in any debt. you're just an entitled lazy little bitch
>>
>>16120714
>-create useful idiots by making them think they are infallible, because they have a piece of paper that says they're smart
Too many "trust le experts" who solely repeat what they're taught unquestionably.
>>
>>16139005
>they deserve it.
its the only way they can learn to be civilized
>>
>>16116094
I went there in the 80s and impregnated over half of the population
>>
Making school a participation rather than merit based system. Also niggers uniroincally.
>>
>>16135007
what kind of propaganda is this? you're one of those anti exam people aren't you
>>
>>16114354
Everyone's allowed to go to college so the average IQ of the population becomes the average IQ of college kids. And the US is filled with a bunch of niggers and spics.
>>
>>16135007
GPT4 uses a python workspace to do more complex calculations these days. It's surprisingly proficient and will continue to improve.
>>
>>16141570
Lol, most college people seem to be Satan. That's weird and hard to understand. But, if you start to look at the names to places. You might discover something interesting. He's a self replicating god of torture and slavery. He puts symbols on the front door of the stores where he works. I'm not sure how else to say that. This suggests this entire reality has a purpose which we aren't aware of. But, because of the nature of sex. We also have a strong theory here that we are being used for slavery. He's stealing from us. If you don't have sex, you got scammed by the Lord.
>>
File: 1690526767756221.jpg (339 KB, 1536x2048)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>
>>16141792
lmao
>>
File: 1709965506475.png (134 KB, 600x600)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>16141792
>>
>>16114354
>Go to college
>experience IQ loss as a result
can science explain why this is happening?
why does going to college make ppl dumber?
>>
>>16141792
K E K
E
K
>>
>>16114455
Don't fall for the bait
>>
>>16145824
Whats your explanation for why college students are so low IQ?
>>
File: school makes you dumb.jpg (149 KB, 1488x1488)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>16146448
>>
>>16115665
Consider the fact that 100iq is defined as average. Also consider the Flynn effect. IQ in Europe and America has been going up since the industrial revolution. African nations are not old or developed enough to know for sure the limits of their intelligence. Also, African Americans exist disproportionately in poverty compared to other races. It's possible Africans have useful intelligence in the proper cultural and societal conditions.
>>
>>16147737
>African Americans exist disproportionately in poverty compared to other races.
African Americans are the wealthiest, most successful and most long lived people of African origin anywhere on the planet in all of recorded history.
>>
>>16148313
This is true, but an intellectually dishonest point to make. We know people in poverty tend to be less intelligent and educated on average. This is true for all races.
Don't you want to be optimistic? They aren't going away.
>>
File: Racist_Arabs.png (807 KB, 1378x642)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
>>16147737
>African nations are not old or developed enough to know for sure the limits of their intelligence

The endless excuses for African intelligence and social failures.
Hint: it is NOT modern 'racism' and poverty that explains it.
>>
>>16148470
>Ancient opinions
Yeah, back in the day everybody thought their race was the special God chosen race superior to all others.
>The endless excuses for African intelligence and social failures.
Some African Americans have achieved success and become contributors to western society. Therefore Africans are not incapable and their failure demands alternative explanations. That explanation is simply that vertical social mobility is very hard to achieve.
The intelligence of African Americans is useful.
>>
>>16114354
IQ only measures a certain kind of intelligence. Asians have the highest IQ. Whites, if a study was done, would be found to have the highest EQ (emotional intelligence), while blacks would probably be found to have the highest KQ (kinesthetic intelligence).
>>
>>16148608
>Asians have the highest IQ.
how did they manage this? did they kill any dumb kid they had?
>>
>>16114354
muh heckin inclusivity allows (((them)))
>>
Simple statistics. As more people attend, it brings down the IQ average simply by numbers. Now, any asshole can attend college as long as they have money which is now guaranteed by the government. Back in the day, you could only attend college if you were smart and had money of your own. And you can't be a dumbass to obtain said money unless you're from money.
>>
>>16147644
Ugh huh. yu see dis is dee opprezzun seestem dat is hollin' back deez bryt black sientist stoodentz,
deez seestem is run by whytee peepo. dey stoppin' the black comoonatee frum getttin' a long in lyf fo reelz. Huh ugh.
>>
>>16148549
>The intelligence of African Americans is useful.
Yeah, those strong black backs help jews earn more.
>>
File: bill bixby.jpg (16 KB, 213x237)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16148896
>>
File: 1618599827645.gif (1.78 MB, 424x421)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>16136926
>>
>>16114354
Just a normal process of degradation since there is less filtering.
>everybody gets in so student loaners can make money
>entire new majors like "gender studies" have been added that have no entry requirement or way to fail
>professors get sued or kicked out if they fail students
>universities would rather drop standards than kick out people
>>
>>16141792
Ha!
>>
>>16149690
also
>government and companies want more graduates
>universities say this is all we have
>universities are asked to adjust (aka lower) the bars to make more "elites"
By this method you can create as many engineers as the economy demands.
It's like a wartime draft. First the young and fit. Then the less young and less fit. Then the old and weak to man garrisons. etc.
>>
File: 1714274148621384.jpg (92 KB, 1002x1054)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
Guys what IQ do you need for a chemistry PhD?
>>
>>16117339
the government is TAKING less money than it GIVES BACK
it is also SPENDING the money it TAKES for SOCIAL SECURITY on OTHER THINGS.

it should NOT be my RESPONSIBILITY to pay for boomer's PONZI SCHEME just because they VOTED AGAINST MY FUTURE
>>
>>16150128
Sorry, but the boomers wanted it decades ago so now you are stuck. have fun paying back their reverse mortgage btw lmao
>>
File: cranky-old-man.jpg (19 KB, 222x277)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>16150128

Ya dang wipper snapper...
I must have put in near $75,000 in Social Security...
they OWE me the $456,000 they have paid me so far...
your turn will come young man
>>
>>16141792
But this is totally not related to black people at all, certainly. Nope, couldn’t possibly be.
>>
>>16114417
Snyeed effect
>>
According to various studies, the average IQ of college students has been declining over the years. A meta-analysis conducted by researchers found that the average IQ of undergraduates has fallen from around 119 in 1939 to 102 in 2022, which is just slightly above the population average of 100.

Another study suggests that the average IQ of college students has decreased by 17 points since 1939. This decline is attributed to various factors, including changes in education, demographics, and societal trends.

It’s also worth noting that IQ scores vary across different college majors. A study found that the more female-dominated a college major is, the lower the average IQ of the students studying in that major. Additionally, research has shown that having a high IQ is no guarantee of graduating from college, as even students with high IQ scores can still drop out.

Overall, while there is some debate about the exact causes and implications of the IQ drop, the available data suggests that the average IQ of college students has indeed been declining over time
>>
>>16151900
Yep. Victorians were smarter too.
>>16141199
>>
College exists to sustain the status quo.. learning doesn't happen at college. You LEARN how to take tests and commit to arbitrary information, proving to future employers you can complete tasks even if you don't understand.

Elon musk has said this himself. College is literally to weed out people for the work force.
>>
>>16151900
>>16151995
This is very upsetting
>>
>>16114534
This. Old cunt here. Did a BSc degree back in the 80's when it was still worth something. Just passing required hard work and only the very top students got A grades. A significant number of students failed papers and would have to do it again or change their course. Profs were hard assed cunts who would mark you down for the most trivial of mistakes. But to their credit they forced you to learn the material, it was well structured and made internal sense. So at the end you knew what you talking about.

25 years later, for various reasons, I did a post grad diploma.. Again in science. Same University. The change was astronomical. Firstly most of the course was hastily thrown together material that had no or little structure. Some of it was so easy I kept looking for trick questions, thinking no way a tertiary paper could have assignments that seemed to be more akin to high school standards. It took barely any effort to get B+ or an A, even for an old cunt like me who had been out of the learning system for a long time. I couldn't understand how anyone could fail to pass the course unless they literally submitted nothing and didn't show up to the exam.. Being naive and having ignored much of the world for the past two decades I couldn't figure out what was going on. Of course later I found out that many general degrees and diplomas had become almost worthless, handed out like candy. I actually did speak to a few profs about this, and was stunned when they told me they basically couldn't fail a student. Then for the most part my fellow "students" that I had met were...well, many of them were just fucking idiots.

Also I wasn't impressed by the modern Profs. Most of them struck me as whimsical twats who didn't understand their own subjects particularly well. Not like the battle-harded grumpy assholes of the 1980s who nonetheless knew their shit.
>>
Lol black people
>>
Lol white people
>>
>>16139099
Needs to be reformed is something I agree upon, yet what makes me concerned is how no one is bringing up the absolute shitstorm that credentialism has rendered. Combining profitability with credentialism has been a disatser. Also, the existing Prussian legacy of industrialized public schooling has been a disaster for the average joe, but an absolute blessing for the elite. What /sci/ fags don’t understand is that the elite will never allow prosperity for the commoner even if deviations of higher than avg IQ individuals happen to emerge from the collective masses. The entire world was been built on rent-seeking, there needs to be an elite to maintain the system in its shape, you may honorably join them but on a number of conditions. The elite despises /sci/ niggers and sees them as their most vital working ants in order to saturate findings for themselves, which they do by awarding /sci/ tards the Nobel Prize so that they can feel good about themselves. IQ is a meme, all you need is rent-seeking. If you wish to escape a life of uncertainty, you must join the elite. The middle class doesn’t exist, it’s the elite and their labor masses, and it will always remain like this, period.
>>
>>16139914
IQ is what they use to harvest your energy…you don’t know how it works.
>>
haahahahhhahahaha
>>
ok
>>
>>16152660
I used to love how hard science classes were back then, you really felt like you were accomplishing something just by passing.
>>
>>16148549
>Some African Americans have achieved success and become contributors to western society. Therefore Africans are not incapable and their failure demands alternative explanations.
>some

everyone has biases, but it's still important to check and examine from time to time. you're suggesting that others should judge black Americans by their most influential and successful. after generalizing the abilities of the top performers to the group, we are supposed to conclude that they're all reasonably competent.

part of the problem is this assumption, evident even with (you), that races are all equal in ability and culture - while lowering the bar for blacks as much as can be. judging a group on their best is a plea to ignore their bad qualities. any group can have a few diligent shrewd and hard working people. not only is this not representative of the group, but it's intentionally narrow in scope to give a non representative sample. maybe there is something to hide about the content of their character.

sure, there are exceptions. not enough to balance all the ugliness and decay blacks bring. their crime and violence make it hard for businesses to stay in the communities they move to. they lead in intra- and inter-racial homicide and its not even close. alternating between welfare and prison gibs is a permanent strain on the public budget. cause somebody's gotta pay. despite aggressive affirmative action and university race quotas, many get into drugs / crime anyway.

they have the highest rates of homicide. STDs, spousal abuse, cigarettes, narcissism, obesity, medicaid/ebt/subsidized housing, etc.

for things to get better, a lot needs to happen. the welfare has to end, and they need to be independent again. the first step to fixing a mistake is accepting responsibility. making excuses or dismissing their problems is cowardshit, especially since they're dragging everything else down too
>>
>>16156193
>despite aggressive affirmative action and university race quotas
those kind of gibes is what makes negroes so violent, they weren't half as bad before those gibes existed.
>>
>>16114354
Social media.
>>
>>16114720
We learn from history that we do not learn from history
>>
>>16148549
Black children with families that make over 300k a year score worse on the sat than white children whose families make under 10,000
>>
>>16152660
The social problems in our country that led to degradation of quality has many origins, but the most important part of it all is that America still practices the social dynamics of the 19th century as a pioneering nation.
Russia also has similar issues.
First order of business is mass deportations and expulsion of purposefully bussed in foreign demographics, but in the long term, both sides who are absolutely at each other's throats should reconcile the fact that it's not always practical to practice a pioneering settler mentality for an advanced nation supposedly capable of leading the world.
The Profs. in the 80s were all WW2, Korea, and Vietnam vets, but now we have a cadre of faculty who are essentially more interested in their social status as tenured professors and meeting metrics required by others instead of quality and excellence.
There's also the fact that due to the needs of the Cold War, people decided to practice a national security and military industrial complex centered dynamic that is highly dysgenic in the long term. If a war is to waged, people need to set up a definitive plan to achieve victory outright instead of dragging it out for whole generation's lifetime.
If you combine this together with the fact that people are still socially practicing dynamics that was in existence from 19th century, that means everyone is basically being taught the same way nogs were taught in plantation schools.
People are not being taught by faculty members who would be proud and reward pupils who exceed them. People are being taught by those who might regard those who exceed them as a threat, the same way non-conformists and nogs who are too smart in plantation schools would be punished or at least subtly discouraged.
We have problems with elective bloat, where three or even five elective classes could have been taught in a single course in the 80s. Universities have become degree mills because people now prioritize churning out mediocre drones.
1/2
>>
>>16152660
2/2
Basically, universities are now encouraged to be degree mills, or perish. Only very exclusive institutions will be granted the leeway to have dedicated faculty who are actually interested in teaching and handing down knowledge to their students. The fact that corrupted, deceptive administration figures and policy makers in our colleges have become delusional in their bubble and continue to reinforce absolutely self-destructive policies such as diversity, equity, and inclusion or sexual obscurantism trying to legitimatize lgbtqwhatever++++ is a symptom of an older issue that is weighing down both US and Russia (and to certain degree, western EU and especially UK - AUS - NZ - CA).
The tenured faculty pushing for those policies are also the ones who inspire others to push for watering down quality in favor of passing along general knowledge, instead of intense, dedicated education and instructions people understood to the norm up until the 80s. Since people practice the same dynamic of wanting to maintain the kind of social atmosphere as they practiced from the 19th century, the 'logical' end solution is to lie through their teeth, welcome more compliant DEI hires, water down the curriculum in favor of quantity as opposed to quality, etc etc.
This also winds up pushing out faculty who are actually dedicated to teaching and are interested in substantial investment in their students, because it has become unprofitable and against the overall agenda at play.
Long story short, unless people are willing to eventually peel themselves away one way or another from the older dynamic, longer the problems will persist. It doesn't even matter if Trump makes a comeback in 2025 to retake the WH, if the people backing the effort are just the other side of the same coin with heavy cope in their minds and are being hypocrites, then the problems will keep persisting.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.