[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1704712169447192.jpg (67 KB, 720x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
I'm most likely a midwit, maybe the king of midwits at best. I often wonder, seeing how some people struggle with simple tasks, or other people crushing the tasks which I consider hard; how does it feel to have an IQ over 140 or under 70?
Do those types understand that they are indeed dumb or extremely gifted? Can high IQs instantly spot other geniuses? How does it affect the internal monologue and their average day?
>>
>>16133080
I'll take a crack at this as someone who has experienced wild swings in terms of cognitive ability.

I don't know where my IQ normally is, but based on GRE results it should be around the range you are curious about. My skills in this test involve having a strong shot term memory, high verbal intelligence, high processing speed, and above all creativity.

For example, my thought process is highly intuitive even when doing things like calculations or designing logical systems. On a good day it seems to tumble forth from my mind near fully formed, only for my analytical systems to scrutinize and identify any flaws for my intuitive systems to rework. Seeing people struggle rarely bothers me because I know there are tasks I am not good at as well. Things that others may find quite basic. That said, it can be frustrating to interact with people who have not developed a stable and introspective sense of self; regardless of their own level of intelligence.

Then I got a concussion and migraines which make me essentially retarded for variable periods. I feel different parts of my brain shut down or grow unusable. I've had enough practice now to reroute the thinking required to complete a task through a different part of my brain, albeit inefficiently (eg. doing math kinaesthetically instead of verbally/visually). When attempting to push thought through it feels fuzzy and tangled. Like a laminar flow becoming turbulent. The patterns I made in some other part of my mind unravelling due to the inability to keep track of the context.

Spotting smart people is usually easy. Just watch how they do things enough and their patterns start sticking out. Even when they try to hide it's usually methodical.

My internal monologue is constant and annoying. It's also genetic from my grandmothers side, she's definitely a genius; although she spent her life a housewife. Most days are the same I'd think.
>>
>>16133080
An answer is contained in your question.
>some people struggle with simple tasks
Imagine a world where everyone does and you're imagining having what it's like to have high intelligence.
>some people crush tasks which I consider hard
Imagine a world where everyone does and you're imagining having what it's like to have low intelligence.

Note, though, that when you see some people struggle with simple tasks, and some people crush tasks that you consider hard, it might be the same people and different tasks. They might be good at some things and shit at others. You might be good at some things and shit at others. An arbitrary scale to define differences may be unhelpful.
>>
>>16133080
My iq is around 79 points. It is pretty rough, as you can imagine. I work as a janitor. ama.
>>
>>16133119
What are you most proud of
>>
I feel like I have to be an expert at being myself. Recently, I've been coding so my internal monologue is heavily focused on thinking of ways to analyze data. I'm always getting stoned, I am a NEET.
>>
>>16133124
Surviving. I been struggling to get a job for a long time.
>>
>>16133080
Being a midwit is true hell. Everyone is either dumb as shit or lacks the social skills to make being smarter than you pleasant
>>
>>16133080
I have an IQ over 140, according to tests I took at school. My life has been kinda hard because I've struggled with anxiety and OCD my whole life. In general I pick things up very quickly, like I can learn new things very fast compared to other people. But I'm not a soopa-genius or anything like that. I don't typically have brilliant flashes of insight. Mostly I have to work at stuff just like anybody else. My only real advantage over the midwits is that I'm quicker, and not even always.
>>
>>16133119
What goes on in your mind when you work? Do you constantly think of things like making your job more efficient or simply go with the flow until it's over and you can go home?
>>
>>16133163
I always think of improving my efficiency, I won't do a thing two times that I can do once. But it is much slower for me to think of a solution.
>>
>>16133168
Who are you comparing yourself too in terms of speed of problem solving?

I am asking because depending on the IQ test you took, it's pretty much 90% (or more) pattern recognition, which is relatively useless. It just happens to be that people with a high capability of pattern recognition also tend to be intellectuals. It's a common correlation but not a perfect rule.

Basically what I am saying is that you might not be as dumb as you think you are.
>>
>>16133171
I got fully tested few times in my life. My iq is 100% around 75 to 80. I am comparing myself with people in my life, such as family members, coworkers. etc.

>>16133155
>I've struggled with anxiety and OCD my whole life.
I never had any mental illnesses in my life. Never had a depressive episode or manic one.
>>
>>16133175
I understand that, but it may not be reflective of your overall intelligence if you simply suck at pattern recognition specifically. Worth a thought, as a lot of our capability as individuals is based on motivation and belief (as gay as that sounds). So if you think you are dumb you may push yourself less when in reality it's not the case.

>I never had any mental illnesses in my life. Never had a depressive episode or manic one.

Okay maybe I am wrong then. There is a clear correlation of intelligence and feeling like dogshit all the time.

Ignorance is bliss, brother. Enjoy it.
>>
>>16133180
>So if you think you are dumb you may push yourself less when in reality it's not the case.
Thank you for giving me some words of encouragement.
>There is a clear correlation of intelligence and feeling like dogshit all the time.
Maybe there is. But I think it is because we abuse our neurotransmitters by eating junk, watching junk. It makes us feel like junk. And when we are smarter, we can much more easily convince ourself we will stop/it's not as bad. I suggest you look into it.
>Ignorance is bliss, brother. Enjoy it.
I definitely will.
>>
>>16133100
That's actually extremely interesting case and I appreciate the answer.
>my thought process is highly intuitive even when doing things like calculations or designing logical systems
This is a thing which I consider hard and which requires significant preparation on my side, is often interrupted to allow my mind to recover before jumping back in, and the entire process of designing a system is far from intuitive - even though I'm experienced in my field it just never becomes automatic and the periods of creative flow are relatively short.
>>16133100
>When attempting to push thought through it feels fuzzy and tangled. Like a laminar flow becoming turbulent. The patterns I made in some other part of my mind unravelling due to the inability to keep track of the context.
A very good description which doesn't look like a larp. Thanks anon.
>>
>>16133103
>it might be the same people and different tasks
>>16133100
>Seeing people struggle rarely bothers me because I know there are tasks I am not good at as well. Things that others may find quite basic
Good remark from both of you - I did think about it.
>>
>>16133100
>internal monologue
No such thing exists outside of schizophrenia. You're larping.
>>
>>16133325
anon how would you have felt if you hadn't eaten breakfast this morning?
>>
>>16133325
Medium rare bait
>>
>>16133317
Glad you find it useful. When it comes to creativity and flow states there are some ways to train them. Interruptions are rough, but that's why my short term memory is very useful. I can hold the structure when my focus wavers. The creative flow comes from connecting disparate conceptual frameworks. Such as making a narrative of my research or analyzing it like an analogous method such as music, cooking, or dancing.

The mental problems really fucked with me. Metacongitive processes really helped me expand my thinking methods and might offer an avenue to help you with building more flow/creative states in your work. Figuring out which parts of your thinking process are fast or slow and accommodating. I have dysgraphia and it was a massive hindrance for years. Then one day I realized it gave me an easy method of massively increasing the encoding strength of something because it was so hard to write. Then it became a method of learning while slowing down my thought process to ensure I didn't trip over myself.
>>
>>16133338
You know that people get confused, because there is no reason why you'd ask that, right? If you think there is anybody who can talk, and is otherwise functional, but doesn't know that you get hungry when you don't eat, you need help.
>>
For both high and low IQ things are largely over before they begin, either you are disinterested and bored or you just don't understand what's going on. It's only the midwit that gets integrated into life. They are the only ones that chase.
>>
>>16133080
>Do those types understand that they are indeed dumb or extremely gifted?
On the gifted end at least, yes, you figure out as a kid.
>Can high IQs instantly spot other geniuses?
If you interact with them in person, yes. Video or writing can be deceptive. Adults usually can recognize gifted children.
>How does it affect the internal monologue and their average day?
Alternating bitterness and gratitude; bitterness that those less able than you to appreciate what's good in life have it in abundance, gratitude for your ability to make great use of and richly enjoy that which you do have.
>>
these iq threads are always funny because no one has ever actually posted their results with timestamp.
>>
>>16133080
I'm not outlandishly high IQ but will oblige since you're looking for anecdotal info. Under ideal circumstances I can do very high quality work in a short timespan, and things just seem to make sense; I would describe it as learning like you're a character in a movie who only needs one scene to establish that he's studied. But frankly I'm not consistently at peak form and could benefit from a healthier diet, exercise, etc.
Depends, obviously. I would think that yes for most people unless they're raised in a peculiar environment that gives too much or too little praise. If anything more people "understand" they're well above average than are actually well above average.
Depends. Certainly not instantly in all cases, but yeah it's not hard to get a rough idea over a conversation, especially if that's your intent. Some people (usually women, I've noticed) reflexively hide it and project an entirely "normal" image unless you talk to them about some specific issue in which they're particularly interested. Others are at the opposite extreme and will flex with varying degrees of subtlety, which makes it easier to judge their intelligence, regardless of how smart they actually are.
>How does it affect the internal monologue
Depends. People of equivalent intelligence can have very different ratiocinations, as well as strengths and weaknesses more generally. There's no formula for how a "smart person" thinks, which is partially why psychometrics are an absolute dumpster fire.
>>
>>16133080
I am only 133 tested IQ but I am going to answer anyways like a Redditfag. I spent my childhood and half my teens trapped in the everyone is like me delusion.
People would seethe if I would outcompete them slightly but also if I would be a gracious loser, when I just wanted to have fun or test our skills or whatever. People would feel threatened when I mentioned things we'd all been taught and I just thought they were overreacting to make a point, not actually feeling the emotion strongly.
I thought most people became existentially aware as young children, had to consciously decide to live, and also make up their minds if they were going to be honest or dishonest, good or evil, etc.
I made excuses for everyone around me by comparing my own worst mistakes and behaviors with whatever they did and figuring maybe they were under this or that stress or what they really were meaning to say is something more reasonable, etc etc
I realized I was a bit smarter than average young but also thought my parents were just encouraging me/being hard on me
I was homeschooled so that isolated me from the public school experience but also benefited me academically, and I also figured that was the main difference, and it contributed, but then all of my friends/family gave into the common retardation quickly after being exposed to it and I just had to scratch my head and say "why are they repeating what they hear, they know better, why won't they be honest with themselves?"
Then through years working in customer service I basically realized that "problem customers" mostly weren't people who just had emotional issues or that I wasn't adequately serving or that were just like "me on a bad day" - some of them were genuinely retarded, like animals. And then I gradually realized how the average person acts more like them than me for a very distinct reason.

Finding out hurt a lot, I got my IQ tested some time after just to put a number to the sadness.
>>
>>16133967
I took an IQ test for a job interview the other day they did not provide me the results but I was almost instantly called after completing the test
>>
>>16133080
I’m 180 iq and i’m the ling of my castle
>>
File: 1628331784402.png (313 KB, 518x619)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>16133080
>150 IQ, always knew I was gifted
>School was frustrating because they wanted me to show my work when I'd look at a question and just instinctively know the answer
>Dropped out of college because never did homework, went back and easily aced everything after learning to exert a little effort
>Easily become an expert in anything I try, career in software engineering going pretty smoothly
>Can easily spot other geniuses, that is a real thing
>Internal monologue can be distracting, need to be mindful to ignore useless thoughts
>Socially not great because zero interest in most of what normies talk about, have very little like-minded company
>Psychologically pretty fucked up because I understood the horrifying implication of lies you tell kids to keep them in line, like going to hell forever, causing pretty bad anxiety
High IQ is like a Ferrari - it takes premium. Raise a smart kid like you would a dumb kid and you'll fuck him up. Raise him competently and it's great. Literally all high-iq problems are caused by living in a world designed by and for retards.
>>
>>16134662
Work on your meta-cognition bud. Be careful, but it should help a lot.
>>
>>16133080
My IQ is around 140. I often struggle to explain things to people because things I take for granted, that I assume are extremely obvious, are in fact not. I dont mean this in an autistic way, I mean that if the explanation is a->b->c->d->e, ill assume b->c and d->e are obvious and dont need to be explained and then I have to circle back once I realize what it is the person is struggling with
>>
>>16134662
>Socially not great because zero interest in most of what normies talk about, have very little like-minded company
One day I've asked /adv/ how do they handle casual conversations when everything normal people talk about in exhaustingly boring and even an interesting person would hesitate to open up too quickly if you two don't know each other well enough. Everyone just calls you autistic and tells you to simply talk about the normal topics on the shallowest level and enjoy it. The problem is, it simply isn't stimulating enough to be enjoyable, and I have zero hate, disrespect, or disdain for normal people; it's just boring.
>>
>>16133080
Unironically, it both hurts and at the same time doesn't hurt enough.
>>
>>16133080
I don't know
t. low IQ
>>
>>16133080
I can tell you're a midwit because you believe in IQ.
>>
>>16133080
I can tell you how it feels to not know your IQ. I think mine is higher than average, but its obvious to me that I might be overestimating it. I think a lot of that impression comes.from the fact that my social life is not that wide, so I have both time and attention span to actually learn a lot of details on any given topic in-depth.

In general, I do not think much about it. I do assess people intelligence but that happens almost unconciously and mostly to put them into two groups; morons and allright. Rarely do I need more detailed assessment.

I believe most people around me are close to the mid, womans are definitely higher on average, plenty of mens are literal cavemens.

I don't believe I've ever met anyone way higher than above, I think people often confuse being charismatic or loud with being inteligent.
>>
>>16133119
Are you the smartest of the 4chan staff?
>>
>>16133080
over140 here, I do only what I want to do and avoid tasks I don't like doing. I dedicated my life to doing science independently, yet now the funny part is they do not publish people not affiliated with universities, especially when they bring something outlandish.
Well, I guess I have to make it in enterpreneurship, but being somewhat outistic doesn't help, so I try to convince people around me to be my proxies, but it seems they'd rather be main characters in their dull and silly lives than side-kicks in my enormous blockbuster. I don't exactly live in my parents' basement, but it's something like that, I'm not doing career and maybe had job for a year if you sum up all those months I could tolerate that stupid shit. I didn't waste my time: I taught myself some demanding stuff like genetics, and you probably can see that it is not my native language either.
The key component to my success as a scientist (I didn't make a career, but I make discoveries on regular basis and in different fields, which those who make careers in science usually do not) was not my genes, but this simple advice "don't memorize shit you do not understand, make your best to understand it, you may find it also to be easier in a long run" (well, with such approach it is impossible to swallow the university course in the time given, and then you realize that you also do not agree with some stuff they teach, or would leave some of that stuff for later or something, well, it could be tragic if I didn't find weed, or rather if weed did not find me)
>>
File: pattern_recognition.jpg (80 KB, 640x719)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>16134904
> pattern recognition doesn't correlate with intelligence
embrace your results, kiddo
>>
Intelligence is the ability to extrapolate meaning from less information. That's it.
You don't have to remember as much because you can work out results from less.
It is near impossible to communicate with others in a meaningful way. It's not about using obscure vocabulary or being pretentious; they just do not follow reasoning you take for granted as not needing explanation. If you see they don't understand and try to explain further it's just digging a deeper hole you will never get out of.
I'll admit I do say a lot of things with multiple meanings to test the other person's intelligence. It's helpful for getting away with wrongthink like saying I disagree with sterilizing and mutilating the mentally ill.
You can of course learn to mimic conversation and manipulate others but I only found that hollow.
Nobody exists to answer your questions.
Entertainment can be difficult to enjoy as you see its ulterior motives or how it is a copy of other works.
You have a lot of free time.
You probably become accustomed to being self-sufficient and less reliant or openly distrusting of others.

It's pretty much like office space where every day is worse than the last.
>>
>>16134929
>every day is worse than the last
Ask yourself how would you reverse this trend, and get high (with just few tokes, don't mix it with alcohol or any other substance, prepare pen and paper, do it alone, in the morning, by smoke and not vape, well, Good Luck, and stay away from all other drugs, especially from booze and powders)
>>
>>16133100
Stop using caffeine.
>>
>>16134934
Can't take it normally. It triggers migraines; during grad school people thought I was crazy for not drinking coffee.

Of note though, I'm definitely ADHD as fuck. When tested I was rated at being in the bottom 2% of attention in the population. That was the moment I realized I think in a fundamentally different way than most people; was really weird to be honest.
>>
>>16133080
>tested IQ at 147
>2.1 masters degree in electronic engineering at one of the better (but not best) universities in the UK, had zero motivation during that time for said degree
>working mediocre IT job since, above average wage for putting in minimal effort but I've never enjoyed it and regularly plan, but fail to follow through with, quitting to make money online or go into an engineering firm at a lower wage starting out
>had no friends at school, didn't relate to anyone and was largely ignored because I got better grades than other kids
>kept some friends from university who have similar interests to mine some of which wouldn't appear as high IQ (e.g. lifting weights)
>no friends from work
>short string of one night stands after deciding I needed to lose my virginity at 19, was KHHV prior
>one long term relationship between 21 and 27 which took years between me realising it wouldn't last forever and it actually ending
>people act surprised by my memory despite it not being photographic
>have to physically exhaust myself or take a whole stack of supplements to fall asleep quickly, every week or two have a night where I just don't sleep
>everyone thinks I'm autistic but I score quite low on autism tests
>>
>>16133100
I am close to this. Intuition does a lot for me, really a lot.
My inner monologue is way too talkative and feeds of memory and associations, powered by fairly good memory. The advantage is that for any problem I am near instantly presented with a huge collection of related issues, from which I can extract a pattern. That last part is hard to describe but it works fast and works well. All in all it is like having an inner asistant that pulls up all the files that I need.
The negative side is that it takes me easily 2 hours to calm down things so that I can get to sleep.

When I have a fever, this breaks down and I have to go to "manual mode" and search my memory and think hard about issues.
>>
>>16133100
>high processing speed
This part here interests me, I feel like I "hear" information better than most and that allows me to process it many times over before the person I am talking to has finished the thought
>>
Yeah sleeping is fucked. I'd have to plan 10 hours to try to get 8 if I had to be up at a certain time. Keeping a schedule was absolutely exhausting and I'd basically nap during lunch and bus rides.
Now I just sleep when I'm totally exhausted and won't stay awake thinking. I'll rarely be awake more than 16h but I might end up sleeping 10h or only be awake for 3h before I'm exhausted and nap for a few.
I rarely remember any dreams. Some of my best ideas are when I'm half awake not ready to get up; which I agree with the others mentioning intuition where you unconciously know things.
>>
>>16134904
>I can tell you're a midwit because you believe in IQ
It's the best way we have to estimate and compare intelligence. The other way is looking at one's general success in life but success is not objective, is heavily influenced by other things, and it strays away from the original goal of measuring intelligence.
>>
>>16134904
>>16135086
I think IQ is a method of measuring the ability to take tests more so then a general measure of intelligence like it supposes. There are parts of the test that are better than others, things like the vocab portion tend to be pretty biased and more closely correlate with income level than just intelligence.

Personally it's not a great method, but it is some method and while keeping caveats in mind I think it can be useful especially in cases of mental deficiencies from cultures where the tests were developed. However, when it comes to measuring anything above average it tends to fall apart as intelligence is very diverse.
>>
>>16135148
>I think IQ is a method of measuring the ability to take tests more so then a general measure of intelligence like it supposes
That's like saying acing job interviews is more indicating of one being good at interviews rather than the job itself; it's also a very popular sentiment btw. But just like being good at taking IQ tests still strongly correlates with being generally intelligent, one's ability to ace interviews is also more prominent with people who know their shit. All I'm saying that the correlation is there and it's pretty strong.
>intelligence is very diverse
I don't think the goal of IQ tests it to measure the special kinds of smarts which undoubtedly do exist. The tests merely target logic, reason and other core strengths of human mind.
>>
>>16135181
I people pre-industrial society tend to flunk IQ tests compared to industrialized society and performance on these tests is strongly associated with years in school. It's not because people that didn't go to school are inherently lacking in cognitive ability, just that it's specialized towards survival. That's how people knew every blade of grass in a forest and how to predict the weather in their home village without an app.

We have structured our society in such a way that favors people who can generalize their experiences well, which is good to a point. But I would consider it a fundamental failing that is biting us in the ass when it comes to considering experiences outside of our strict standards for cognition.

The goal of an IQ test is to determine if people have a deficiency. People bragging about having an IQ above 110 are just dick waving. But even people that are deficient aren't necessarily dumb, just taught in a different manner and encoding knowledge differently.
>>
I have no friends. I post a piano piece I made, and everyone goes quiet. I post an excerpt from a paper I am working on, and nobody debates it. Nobody asks me how my work is coming along.
My family oooed and ahhed when I got a software engineering job in the medical space without a degree. This is the same family that made me homeless after getting a client willing to test out a free trial for a MVP I had made. I lost the client (it was COVID season and there was nowhere to go to charge my laptop).
I am recovering from alcoholism. I am nowhere near as bad as I was, but right now there is a small bottle of wine I'll probably crack open. My projects must be completed, then perhaps I will go die in the attempt of pushing my Civic to 130 MPH (only hit 125 so far in that bitch)
>>
>>16135286
Why not make a project focused on being a friend to people
>>
>>16135287
I've had friends. They are all gone, probably because I am very intense. I've discussed others' problems with them so many times, but the effort is never returned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKFtk630s0
>>
File: IMG_4168.jpg (111 KB, 1500x1221)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Genuine question, why so few of these high IQ people exercise? Not trying to be rude but most of you guys seem either skinny or skinnyfat.
>>
>>16135289
>I am very intense
Learn not to be so intense.
They may take it for insult.
>>
>>16135289
I mean examine your intense nature. There are people that like such things and you can look for people like them to be friends to. Perhaps your intense nature has some toxic or negative patterns buried into it that you aren't acknowledging properly and drive people away from you.

I say this as a person who struggled to make friends for a long time. Eventually I found a rhythm and a comfortable ability to match energies with people whose energies I liked myself.

More so I grew peaceful within myself and I think that helped. Unfortunately people don't like being around those who are sad or angry, unless they themselves are too. And such emotions make people selfish. Such as people pleasing being a method to manipulate and control people
>>
File: 1708484216452613.png (404 KB, 603x607)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>16135294
I dropped gym because I got headaches of it, and doctor told me that bodybuilding is not for everybody.
>>
>>16135295
>>16135296
My intensity is due to recognition of horrible things that I cannot ignore/need to discuss. At some point, the discussions just no longer happen.
>>
>>16134915
kek
>>
>>16135297
How bad were the headaches?
Have you tried calisthenics?
Btw I’m not into bodybuilding either, I train mostly for strength and Endurance and have a build similar to Bruce Lee.
Aren’t you scared if a person fights you, you won’t be able to fight back?
>>
>>16135294
if you believe langan's numbers, he lifts
>>
File: 1707909388597526.jpg (363 KB, 1280x721)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>16135308
> How bad were the headaches?
Rather sharp they were, not dull pain, but rather piercing.
> Have you tried calisthenics?
Nope.
> Aren’t you scared if a person fights you, you won’t be able to fight back?
Nah. I maybe do not know kung-fu, but I know crazy and I'm not affraid to use it. And here's a trick for all of you pussies: you combine confidence with positivity, and that is it. For if you have positivity without confindence, you may provoke a weakling, but if you manifest confidence without positivity, you may provoke a strong one. When approaching a company of thugs, don't let your path deflect away from them, it would be better to make it deflect closer to them (I am not sure why it works, maybe you seem bigger this way) also don't be ashamed to run away from danger.
>>
>>16135294
Exercise is a scam. Health and physique are 100% nutrition, exercise at best steal nutrients from the rest of your body to feed the muscles. So you get brain damaged, and ruin your internal organs.
>>
>>16135303
Find other intense people to be friends with.
>>
File: IMG_8788.jpg (45 KB, 581x443)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>16133080
I was put in special ed as a kid but eventually got out of it and became a polyglot in European and East Asian languages. I’m probably just a lucky midwit. Life isn’t that great, a sign of low iq. I’m single, in my 30s, borderline alcoholic. Tell me to do basic math and I fuck it up. I work in a low paying white collar job unrelated to languages or culture with a bunch of maga types. I’m looked down on as the company retard. I lived in another country working as a translator and liaison between chinks and gaijin, I saw more ass than a public hole in the ground. After the pandemic started I had to leave and go back to my country to take care of my boomer parents. To rephrase what I said I’m not divorced, can pick up any chick I want, no kids to feed, have my own place, and I can get into altered states of consciousness on the weekend, so life is good. Know your lemons in all your situations and use your thinking power to make lemonade. Either in the ace of midwitdom or somebody can learn something from my drunken rant.
>>
File: Stalin_dictator_black.png (269 KB, 524x540)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>16133080
>How does it *feel* to be very high IQ
IQ 141 here. Though I cannot speak for others who truly have HIGH IQ, my experience as being above average is one of deep frustration and hatred for society, mankind, and the universe itself.
>>
High IQ + ADHD is brutal. My only hope in life is to become a great artist, but I would have preferred to be a great mathematician.
>>
>>16133155
I am not tested but unlike you, I have those insights but can't be bothered with implementing any. My disadvantage is the crippling lack of conscientiousness that I have with everything and this is mostly due to the advantage of those insights. Because they are so ubiquitous, I can't stick to one thing long enough. I am always jumping around enough to not learn any marketable skill.
>>
>>16135294
Just walk and don't eat as much, that's what i do and I have never gained any weight. I have insanely high metabolism so that might also help.
>>
>yet another IQ thread on /sci/ where mentally ill people with massive delusions of grandeur are drawn like flies to shit because they smell an opportunity to brag about their nonexistent 140+ IQs
why is this so common?
you can't easily imagine that you're unusually tall because that easily disproved, but any schizo can imagine that they're super smart because intelligence is intangible
>>
>>16135738
You can tell by interacting with normies, retard. Also childhood experience is a thing and the ability to tear apart retarded opinions such as your also contributes. If you were so worried about it, you would have offered a better refutation than this butthurt drivel.
>>
>>16135181
>job interviews have anything to do with the actual job
What fucking year is this? Companies have entire departments devoted to hiring the most disabled candidate possible.
>>
>>16135500
That’s not how it works at all
>>
>>16135500
Post body (you won't)
>>
>>16135294
I do a mixture of lifting, calisthenics and cardio and played rugby for a few years
>>
>>16133080
Well, one thing that always strikes me is how being high IQ (135 in my case) means every argument and debate with [almost all] other people feels like beating a kid at the special olympics.
With 135+ IQ, you *will* win every argument, provided it founds on enough logical principles and both parties have the ~same knowledge base.

Obviously, you can't change anyone's deep-held religious or political convictions at a grand level. Also, I am not talking about pure matters of taste.

But whatever be the argument where above mentioned constraints hold, you will win, because not committing logical errors and bumbling about into fallacies is child's play for you; whereas for a normie it takes a certain conscious, low-grade strained mental effort, akin to solving a math equation.

I imagine 115 IQs often have (subconscious) thoughts like "Argh! Rats! Why did I lose that argument! If I could just argue better, make more convincing points!"
Well, a few dozen IQ above 115 you are there, you now logically win every single argument [besides against then-peers; also, there's a marginal error term to that statement ofc].

But that doesn't help much, because life is not some university logic seminar, some philosophy debate club. Most conversations are arational.
>>
>>16133080
>very high IQ
Lone star is a type of tick
>low IQ
Lone Star is a brand of beer
>>
I don't know how high IQ I am, everyone around tells me what I am ''smart, but lazy'' but I really dunno, since I am too anxious to learn new skills and commit to project, which requires long term effort
>>
>>16135944
>requires long term effort
requires time long passion
>>
> time
life (now I'm going to think if life and time are cognates somehow, that they seem to be intertwined in my head somehow)
>>
>>16135951
>requires time long passion
Non-existentent, I love cheap dophamine
>>
>>16133080
IQ doesn't exist schizo. There's only neurological computation and the degree to which computation solves complex problems. Let me guess: you believe in qualia too?
>>/x/
>>
>>16135956
Everybody does, but you have to be seeking for it, trust me you'll like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1ywFrxtl0
>>
>>16135957
>IQ doesn't exist
that's some funny cope (especially because unlike qualia you can measure it, and it will be pretty much the same no matter how many times you try to pass the test)
>>
>>16135986
>lbs exist because you can measure lbs
No ignoramus IQ is a unit of measurement not an object.
>>
It is actually hell, being like 150 or whatever. Other people think they're right, but even people who are like 130 are so dumb, they think you're wrong even when they're totally wrong. Context is important. Being smart itself changes things.

People get so so so so much wrong it's insane. Like, I'm not even a nice person, I don't like to work, but complete fucking idiots have ruined my whole life, I shit you not. I was right about every thing so far. I was right about college and even called COVID the second trump started talking about fighting the chingchongs bc duh like I am right about everything and I watch people shoot themselves in the foot.. and then look at me like I'm stupid

You really can't fix stupid. You can build a world to accommodate it but you've hardly fixed anything by doing so. I'm really embarrassed to say this but all I've wanted to do was move, and I do often have great brilliant ideas anyone could use, but all I wanted was to move and unfortunately I had to be around people who, you don't want to be around even for a minute bc they'll ruin your life
>>
>>16133080
143 IQ here, professionaly tested.
We're just like everybody else
>>
>>16133080
153 IQ here, professionally tested.
We're nothing like everybody else
>>
>>16136014
Yep, it is the unit of measurement of intelligence. Intelligence is the object in this formula. Believe it or not, intellect is a thing, and it seems you can measure it rather on that scale. You're free to come up with some other scale, measuring some other aspects of that complex phenomenon as intelligence.
>>
I’m not VERY high-IQ, probably somewhere between 120-130. What it feels like: surrounded by barely-sentient animals. It’s not cute and funny like in Idiocracy. I can’t imagine how a genius-level intellect deals with it.
>>
>>16136075
You sound like you have mental problems and are incapable of taking responsibility

A lot of these people who are talking about viewing other people as barely sentient animals or too dumb to interact with come off as incredibly shallow. Is the only thing of interest to you people intellectual dick waving? Like, just cause someone isn't a genius doesn't mean they aren't interesting, nice, or fun to be around.
>>
>>16136104
Your eye is clouded by arrogance. Dont feel superior to midwits, you are a midwit yourself. Maybe the smartest of midwits but you are projecting your own feelings of inadequacy onto those you deem less intelligent. Sure 2sd below normal thinks slower and or less but they feel as deep as you. You are not even 2sd above the norm so deflate the ego a little
>>
>>16136127
Imagine being me and having to read this lol. Like try to imagine actually being right all the time and you don't just get ignored you get called crazy. I know actual crazy people. I do things that are correct and they call me crazy lol. They are about four levels away from being correct about anything. I'm in a total shithole so I happened to mention that, like I'm a loser who tried to warn/help others but it's true wherever you go, everyone has different interests of course, so there are always people arguing, but in the end there is a best way to do things.. and people pick wrong lol like smarter people do actually think entirely different, not just faster.
>>
Also, high-IQs in every day life will constantly notice things and try to figure out why something is the way it is. A low-IQ won’t notice or if something stood out to them they’d just shrug and not think about it.

For example: a few weeks ago I was walking down the street, and I noticed something strange — the street lights were on, even though it was mid-afternoon with the sun out. Why would the street lights be on at this time of day? I thought about it as I walked, searching for variables that seem relevant: visibility? No, it was sunny and mostly clear…mostly…it WAS foggy earlier though. But the fog had lifted maybe an hour ago, so why would the lights be on now when it’s clear sunlight? As I was wrestling with this problem, the lights suddenly went out. WTF? Why are they going out NOW? It couldn’t just because it was waiting for the fog to pass because it seems like at least an hour ago that it had fully passed…hour…time…*looked at my phone* 2:01 PM….!!! They were programmed to turn off at 2pm! Probably the light management system is programmed via times for things to happen (ie, lights being turned on and off). They were on during the middle of the day because of the fog, but to give enough buffer time in case of inaccurate forecasting (which is common in my area) the operators set the lights to turn off a good hour after the forecasted fog had passed. I didn’t have to research it afterwards to prove myself right, I simply knew that I had grasped the main points and was confident in that.

A low-IQ would never have come to that conclusion. If he was out walking while it was foggy and the lights were on, he’d probably just think of it as “it’s dark so the lights are on”. But add 1-2 hours to that equation and it’ll just be one of the many strange things he doesn’t understand or even think about. Like, why are there ditches on next to the highway, why circles are round, etc and so on.
>>
>>16136156
You cant escape pattern recognition, boy. Anyone with genuine high iq should try dmt, not in a spiritual way, more in a brain benchmark way. See what your cpu really is capable of
>>
145 here. Disclaimer: I don't think IQ matters a lot unless you are well and truly off the charts. I am not, so I typically don't talk or think about my IQ unless prompted.

Yes, I recognize that I am above average in the narrow contexts that are captured by IQ tests. I was always ahead of my classmates in school and very bored. I was thrown into a "gifted" program, so I had it drilled into my head at a young age (to my detriment I think) that I am gifted. I'm currently doing my master's (and shortly after I intend on doing a PhD) while working full-time in my chosen field. I didn't learn to challenge myself until I was an adult, so in some ways I'm a little behind where I would have been had I been taught to work hard instead of praised for a number that doesn't matter.
No, but I generally know when someone is genuinely intelligent, or at least highly skilled. I work in a highly specialized field and there are some folks I work with who are on an entirely different level. They made me realize that my IQ means very little. It is high enough for self-awareness but not high enough to be considered a genius.
I think I am actually more prone to cognitive distortions because I'm good at coming up with convincing justifications for those cognitive distortions. I am very much prone to depression and anxiety (less so in recent years). I don't think my internal monologue is much different than the average person's otherwise. In day-to-day life, the only thing I notice is that I make connections slightly faster than other people, and notice patterns that other people don't. But that could also be the 'tism.
>>
>>16136615
>so I had it drilled into my head at a young age (to my detriment I think) that I am gifted
I always think about this, I’m only average intelligence (107) but if I had a gifted son I wouldn’t shower him with praise, that would make someone who is full of themselves. I also wouldn’t let them skip grades because that can fuck you up socially and you will most likely get bullied by the older kids who are at least a year more developed than you.
The attitude I’ll give my sons will would probably be
>yes son you are intelligent. But what have you actually done with it? Do something truly amazing then you can be hot shit
>>
>>16136750
>the typos
I should proofread my posts more
>>
>>16133080
If IQ tests from the early 90's are to be believed I have an IQ in the low 150's. I got tested because they thought I had some sort of developmental disability because I would act out when I was a little kid. Turned out I just have ADHD and spent most of elementary school really bored and understimulated.

With that said, I'm in academic research so I spend most of my time feeling like a fucking moron compared to the absolute titans of my field. If anything being "abnormally smart" has led to a lot of headaches for me because I tend to not be as easily able to let small details I don't quite understand go. As a result I spend a lot of time trying to understand peripheral topics because I can't stop asking questions I'm not sure I really want to know the answer to.
>>
>>16136156
You're schizophrenic. They were probably looking for a broken ones, so that they don't have to do it at night.
>>
>>16136969
Could be but that;s a really dumb way of doing it. They can wait till night time to do this, plus they are not the only ones who notice that some are broken, they probably get calls about this everyday.
>>
>>16137022
Yes, but they need to turn them on to check.
>>
>>16133080
>How does it *feel* to be very high/low IQ?

every day millions of midwits come to my house with different proofs on how 0.999... = 1, yet I simply know this is wrong and slam the door on ther faces
>>
>>16135286
If you are craving recognition, you wont get it any better than yourself. Stop doing things that dont help you and do things that will.
Read some accounts of people in this thread and history that you can relate to your situation. Only help yourself
Keep life simple mate
>>
File: lisan al gaib.webm (3.05 MB, 1920x800)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB WEBM
how do high IQ's psychedelic drug experiences differ from the lower IQs?
>>
>>16133080
Good and bad, good because you know how
to live a good life. Bad because the jelly bellies
hate you for it.

This is psi btw...

https://www.instagram.com/reverse.feedback/
>>
>>16136075
i'm inclined to believe you honestly, if only because of the schizophrenic way you type. Would you mind elaborating on your examples? I can imagine what you mean by the COVID thing, but not so much college.
>>
>>16136079
>>16136083
This is how I see the world.

https://youtu.be/MvEXkd3O2ow
>>
>>16133338
but i didn't eat any breakfast, this question should not be an hypothetical. You stupid or something?
>>
only low IQ's are druggies
>>
I was put in the gate program and got all sorts of standardized tests and shit. Scored a 31 on the act in 8th grade but my parents got divorced that same year so kind of fell through the cracks in HS. Depends what test but ~135, never felt especially smart. I was a 3.0 student because there was no accountability at home and I never studied for anything. Literally played TF2 and Gmod my entire school career and did as little work as possible. Being able to buckle down and work hard is way more important than IQ for just about anything except for stupid matching card games or puzzles.
>>
>>16133080

You’re an Alien basically, most of the population is incredibly average so you end up growing resentment for them as well since they are always in your way . The majority of people see you as a predator so they become more aggressive towards you in a very socio human way.

It feels alone but you don’t care because there’s more important things to care for
>>
>>16137566
People who ask such questions have no idea how stupid they are, and think that everybody else must be even stupider than them. For example I was asked where money comes from, so I tried to explain money creation, for which I was judged a retard, because money is made by working...
>>
>>16134929
Watching 2067 was suffering, I know better than to get film advice from normies.
>>
>>16138474
money comes from the fed, rube
>>
>>16133892
>>16137566
>>16138474
everytime holy shit
>>
Isn't it funny how many hills and mountains we create as humans to stand on, hypothetically? The divine surely finds this humorous in the grand scheme of it all.
>>
>>16137022
I suppose they want to do during normal working hours and in daylight, what do you think?
>>
>>16133080
Low IQ, I lift weights, I put them down, life's good man
>>
>>16133080
>how does it feel to have an IQ over 140
Overrated and not indicative of success on its own. I also don't enjoy being a go-to for peoples' problems simply because they don't want to work on them on their own. However, it can be quite useful in visualizing solutions and avoiding conflict, if the assumption that IQ is positively correlated with self control is held true.

By the way, high IQ does not grant immunity to the Dunning-Kruger effect. I'm peak midwit despite scoring 151.
>>
>>16135294
I like lifting, but I lack motivation and discipline to stick with it. I bail from situations whenever a noteworthy risk crops up if the option is there. That's why I rarely lift, but frequently do stupid shit like walk down the interstate in the summer heat in a hoodie to get home.

>Captcha: DARWY(N)
>>
>>16136075
This is the communication disconnect between high IQ and low. Everything they say is coherent and sensible with actual logical backing but it's taken as a given and an uninformed reader will see it as ravings.
>>
>>16135682
Im in the exact same boat, reportedly high IQ, but I'm doing shit in life. I no longer value or consider IQ, I might as well be in the 100's range.

Industriousness and conscientiousness matter way more to me. In that department I am 96 Openness and 36 conscientious, it's not great.
>>
>>16140454
>>16140021
>>16140033
>>
>>16138474
>money is made by working...
I just did 20 push ups and money didn't appear. What went wrong?
>>
>>16138488
what emotion is this anon convveying?
>>
>>16133080
It would be an ugly proof, like finding out the person you like exists at the grocery store.
>>
>>16133080
>how does it feel to have an IQ over 140
The same way you feel when you see those 70 IQ retards. Being on the internet is terrible because you’re constantly exposed to low IQ people and their low IQ opinions to the point of making you physically sick. Just now I tried scrolling through twitter and tiktok and immediately checked out because of the people there.
Yes
Yes
Internal monologue is a meme, ironically enough midwits think they are superior to those who don’t use it. When you’re high IQ, you CAN use it, but verbalizing everything inside your own head is limiting, there’s no need.
>>
>>16140708
do you want a gf?
>>
>>16137046
>>16139036
I think there are checks for that. They must have some terminal that shows if some are on or not, like some software program. This is especially necessary if all of them share the same electrical network in a big city. This is certainly how I'd design the system.
>>
>>16140725
What do you study/work in

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.