[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DVE70k.jpg (66 KB, 672x470)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
I can't believe this kind of horror movie level of gruesomeness and butchery is considered "practicing medicine" in the current year.
>>
File: 1712214910805523.jpg (294 KB, 1999x2177)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
what are the evolutuonary advantages of removing yourself from the gene pool?
>>
>>16138934
to the individual none, but if you look at it through a sociological lens, self castration is in essence natures way of culling the mentally ill. This isnt unique to humans and there are many cases of depressed/ stresses animals that self mutilate or eat their young. Its natures way of adapting to an extremely stressful environment. Those that can manage live and reproduce, those that cannot kill themselves or their young

>example off the top of my head, Holstein cows are terrible at mothering and will stomp their calves out in an instant
>>
>>16139037
>Holstein cows are terrible at mothering and will stomp their calves out in an instant
I've never had that experience with them, usually they still have quite strong mothering instincts but I imagine it varies between bloodlines
>>
>>16138934
>can't tell Aboriginals they haven't been in Australia forever because it goes against their beliefs
>literally encouraged to force Christian students to learn the big bang, evolution, and that God doesn't exist according to science
>>
>>16139044
your faith is weak if it can't withstand the simplest of inquiries
and untested faith is no faith at all
>>
>>16138934
Leftism rightism bullshit.
As if people on the right don't get offended at the idea of evolution in the first place if many at all even pursue post secondary education
>>
File: 1698457574416035.jpg (262 KB, 900x673)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>16138932
>I can't believe this kind of horror movie level of gruesomeness and butchery is considered "practicing medicine" in the current year.
Wait until you hear about how spine surgery is conducted

>noooooooo my back hurts
>please doctor, scoop out my intestines so you can access my spine from the front
>i don't care that there's a 40% chance i'll be permanently paralyzed
>i don't care that there's a 60% chance major nerve and muscles in my abdomen will be permanently damaged, causing severe lifelong chronic pain
>>
>>16138932
LMAO, those fuckers have no credibility at all, they are now below witch doctors.
>>
>>16139111
Meanwhile, at the insurance company:
>what do you MEAN you won't approve my spine surgery unless I attempt physical therapy and medication-based management?
>I don't care that I could improve my condition without dangerous surgery that's likely to worsen my condition or that the alternatives are literally 1000x cheaper, JUST PAY FOR MY EASY FIX!
>>
>>16138934
It is altruism. Their bodies see themselves as a virus to the gene pool and attacks itself in an attempt to improve the gene pool.
>>
Anyone willing to live with the consequences should be able to add or take away whatever the fuck they want from their body.
>>
>>16139588
It's been shown time and again that no one is ever truly able to deal with the consequences of mutilating themselves to such an extreme degree. It's easy to say you don't want or need a certain body part until it's actually missing and can never be restored. Quite literally you don't know what you have until it's gone.
>>
>>16139609
>It's been shown time and again that no one is ever truly able to deal with the consequences of mutilating themselves to such an extreme degree
Gender surgeries have the lowest regret rate of any surgery there is. People miss tumors more than genitals.
>>
>>16139609
>It's been shown time and again that no one is ever truly able to deal with the consequences of mutilating themselves to such an extreme degree.
why go on the internet and tell easily disprovable lies?
>>
>>16139624
Great, so you have complete follow-up data on 100% of people who have undergone gender-affirming surgery from the NHS Tavistock clinic?
Oh wait they didn't collect that data and refused to gather it when asked. Why would they so that?
>>
>>16139624
See, the thing is, all the trannies in all those surveys that were included in the meta-study you're referring to are "old school" trannies. They're trannies that at all decided/realised that they were trannies and went on these medical pathways. There has been a profound change in the demographic profile AND age of incidence of dysphoria in the large increase in gender identity patients. The current "crop" of trans people aged 16-25 that are in the eye of the hurricane regarding this social storm are not represented in this data, in other words. Things have changed on the ground socially. You might as well use social attitudes about gay marriage from the 90s to make some argument about how contemporary gays behave.
Picrel, the table of studies from the metastudy you're quoting. Look at the average age that people underwent treatment. Look at the follow-up times. Half a year. A year and a half. Two years. Hardly a lifelong endorsement with no regrets felt at differential points in life.
A young woman who undergoes a double mastectomy for gender reasons may have no regrets and then, years later, become a mother and find missing the option of breastfeeding traumatic.
>>
>>16139037
The way sharks reproduce is just brutal but it removes the step of requiring parent or even weaklings to remove themselves and it just makes the strongest one even stronger.
>>
>>16140025
The followup for vaginoplasty and vulvoplasty is what, 7 months? Just enough time for the afterglow and the gaslighting friends to abandon you as the problems begin to mount up.
>>
>>16140053
turns out that not even your family will support you if your room smells like piss, shit, and decaying flesh
>>
>>16138934
Aboriginals DO look like a different species, after all. Let them claim they evolved independently, I don't mind them self-confirming they're subhuman freaks.
>>
>>16139624
False, Gender surgeries have the highest regret rate of any surgery there is.
>>
>>16141575
also the highest rate of post surgical suicide
>>
>>16138932
see attached pic
>>16138934
if your genes mutated to be progressive liberal then it's an evolutionary advanage to avoid reproducing so that the rest will survive
>>
>>16138934
some sort of kin selection mechanism. Supposedly Inuits top themselves alot as they get older because there's an advantage in the natural Inuit habitat to killing yourself when you get old, i.e more food for your younger relations.

But this tranny stuff is just a result of communist driven destruction of civilization, itself a product of dysgenics.
>>
>>16138932
You can do whatever you want to your own body.
>>
>>16144248
I agree, the government should have no power over what you do with your property. Remove all environmental laws.
>>
>>16144249
Your own body is sovereign; other people's health is not. You can't (or shouldn't be able to, rather) be able to exercise your will over the commons without popular consensus.
i.e., one guy with a big factory making acid rain on everyone who lives nearby is extending his ownership past the limits of his property.
>>
>>16144245
>this tranny stuff is just a result of communist driven destruction of civilization
lmao, this is nonsense, btw. You think Marx and Lenin were pro-tranny?
>>
>>16144249
>I agree
Ok.
>the government should have no power over what you do with your property
What does that have to do with the post you replied to?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.