[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Sorry if this is not the right board, but it seems like the best board for this. So give me some of your best examples of fringe science. Doesn't matter the field, just as long as it's fringe and not accepted science.
>>
It is said that vaccine pioneer Jenner used cowpox to vaccinate against smallpox. However modern scientists don't use one kind of virus to vaccinate against another kind of virus that looks similar.
>>
>>16139013
So what's the fringe theory here? That vaccines are entirely fake?
>>
>>16139229
It may be interesting to honestly reconsider the cost/benefit ratio of mass vaccination campaigns for children. A Dutch politician brought this up and was met with extreme hostility even from christian parties. It's a very sensitive topic because if it turns out that we should've been more hesitant and selective about vaccines then people's worldview would fall apart.
>>
File: Co2-levels-historic.jpg (140 KB, 658x329)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16138980
>. So give me some of your best examples of fringe science
Carbon-positive climatology.
CO2 is good for the planet and, before the industrial revolution, levels were dangerously low.
>>
>>16138980
paranormal science
>>
Hollow Earth theory has always been a personal favorite of mine.
>>
Try Steinmetz and Tesla's views on electrical theory.
>>
>>16138980
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_rewilding

Megafauna rewilding.
Basically, it's the reintroduction of species to North and South America that Native Americans hunted to extinction.
Animals like water buffalo, elephants, giraffes, meerkats, hippos, and eventually predators like lions and tigers.
There's a lot of science behind this idea since they can help to spread tree seeds, and help the entire food chain become more robust.
>>
>>16140527
This also works the other way too, like introducing beavers to places like Africa, China, and Australia, to help with the retention of rain water from beaver damns.
Of course, the populations in those countries aren't ready for them, and would likely just hunt them to extinction again.
>>
Dumb human hypothesis.
Some people are simply too dumb to understand much of what is going on in the world.
Examples include:
>People who lack the ability to form mental images
>People who can't understand the past or present, or themselves as being the same person in the past or future.
>People who can't remember things that happen from day to day
>People who commit crimes because they're not intelligent enough to understand the prospect of themselves getting caught, let alone empathy or other normal human emotions
>People who can't read, aren't intelligent enough to learn anything new, or people who are literate, but don't see any "value" in reading.
Etc.
Most psychological studies would probably be able to get rid of the "replication crisis" if they had filters for cognitive tests depending on the goals of the study.
But psychologists would probably have a problem with excluding people based on intelligence.
>>
Reintroducing lobotomies for criminals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

We've had huge advancements in brain surgery, imaging technology, robotic surgery, etc.
Criminals who don't have empathy or very much intelligence, should have the voluntary option of having a lobotomy to remove their tendencies for violence. If the lobotomy proves to be successful, they can then be reintroduced into society to get a low-level job or whatever.
This would save taxpayers billions of dollars per year, advance medical science, and lead to a much safer society.
>>
File: Galaxy HD1.jpg (2.03 MB, 2874x1992)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
Red Shift Dust theory.

The basic idea is that galaxies aren't "red shifted" because the photon wavelengths are being stretched out due to traveling for great distances; photons are red-shifted due to being lower energy, since the photons interacted with cosmic dust, atoms, and other particles on their multi-billion year journey.
Which makes a lot of sense, since space isn't empty, it's filled with atoms and other particles.
So the universe is likely not as big or old as current scientific estimates state.
>>
>>16139241
>this is what white trash hicks in rural okhlahoma unironically believe

I think I trust the overwhelming majority of doctors and medical experts over an unname "Dutch politician" with no medical training.
>>
>>16140719
You are putting your faith in rockefeller's medical system, learn its roots and what theories it deposed.
>>
>>16139241
Based on the schedule provided by the CDC, which vaccines do you think kids should be without?
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html
>>
>>16138980
Water structure research

I fucking hate holistic medicine. They absolutely ruined a fascinating field.
>>
Anything regarding race and IQ is an obvious one.
>>
>>16140875
I did a molecular dynamics stint in grad school focusing on small water clusters, and water does indeed do fascinating shit. I was stunned at the amount of theoretical research into water clusters, compared to the relatively anemic experimental research.
>>
>>16138980
Abiotic oil
Structured water
Morphogenetic field
>>
>>16140881
Yeah, because it is cool as hell and has a lot of interesting implications for methods of storing information transiently in phase separating liquids. Frankly it's a travesty what has happened to the field and everyone in it is basically a schizo by proxy to the mainstream. I remember going through all of university having to be so careful not to reveal Iw as interested in the subject because it was roasted everytime it came up.

But holistic medicine got in there and most of the funding dried up. There was one really cool old school Russian paper that got "discredited" because the structure of the water was coming from the interaction with the silica which entirely ignores how cool it is that water structures in the presence of silica!
>>
>>16140887
>>
>>16140881
>>16140887
This is like retards studying other bullshit natural phenomenon, like a Prince Rupert's drop or Buckminsterfullerene .
There's no practical application of any of it. It's just a neat curiosity and that's about it.
>>
>>16140887
So your field got flat earf'd, sorry to hear it.
>>
>>16140921
First, practical application is not the point of studying fundamental phenomena. Second, water the most fundamental liquid in biology and most chemical processes we are concerned with but we still have shit models of macroscopic behavior. People keep trying to solve continuous fluid dynamics like it's going to one day suddenly act like a bunch of sticky balls instead of loosely associative droplets containing members that spontaneously swap groups. There are very important practical applications in fundamental biophysics as well but whatever. It doesn't matter anyways.

>>16140940
Thank you. It's fine though, I'll just do biophysics and AI work until I'm old and spend my money on this after they can't get rid of me anymore.
>>
>>16140960
The conspiratorialist in me will point to how this is a convenient way to bury interesting science that might threaten entrenched interests.

Did you ever find anything on the effects of hydrogen or oxygen isotopes?
>>
>>16140921
They're already at the practical application level where they're able to have water mimic the chemical structure of biologically active substances.
>>
>>16140527
>>16140528
I love conservation efforts especially for megafauna because they are so cool. But tt's tough to do not only logistically, but there's also the issue that no one knows what the actual results will be on the environment. Which is why I always advocate for this stuff to be done in places where you don't give a shit about upsetting the status quo.
>>
>>16141087
They're trying to reintroduce beavers to the UK.
Although it's true they were once native and the luvvies are cooing over them, a part of me is aware how much of a nuisance they could potentially be to our watercourses and farmland.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBCX2YsBW4
>>
>>16141099
Hey bodhi, our discussion of windows vs xfce got put off because the thread about windows got nuked before I got back to it..

I'm aware that there are several ways to implement a parallel solution such as dual booting or a live boot usb.
The question was whether it would ever be possible to implment the xfce DE on a windows base at all?
>>
>>16140997
If you use a deuterium form of water and form hydrogels the result is a much stronger gel and the change also results in differentials to vibrational modes.

Frankly I'd love to look at exotic oxygen isotopes in tandem with some NMR. God I wish. Or even 2DIR would be fun.
>>
>>16141246
I hae an interest in the topic somewhat like yours.
I came across some work I think was connected to pollack and seneff's, their investigation showed the gel phase surrounding cells and acting as a system to mop up deuterium and other heavy isotopes because of the effects these had if they got anywhere near the mitochondria.
turns out there is also research around lifespan and the deuterium content of the water people drink, with those living on heavily depleted glacial melt water living unexpectedly long lives.
I came across a little on the effect of various frequencies and music somehow modifying the water's structure too. Really fascinating topic but it's hard to penetrate the schizosphere around it.
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 694x573)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>16138980
Never been deboonked
>>
>>16141991
Well, now I'm debating whether I should contact Seneff for a post-doc project I have set up on evolving systems. I read the 4th phase of water book awhile back and thought it very interesting, although the lack of real-world applications out of it is a red flag. Still I would like to hear more. Although I'm now quite interested in the cellular responses to deuterium, my prior research turned up only a little bit but I know from my own experimental work how big of a difference it makes to gelation effects due to the changes in oscillatory behaviour and stability of interactions.

Persistent vibrational structures are capable of travelling up and down the size range so it does make sense. I've got a couple designs for sound based methods of modifying internal properties of water to cause groupings of various larger molecules to spontaneously form.

desu it's rare to find another water nerd. If you wanna talk and aren't a fed I'm down
>>
File: pgun.jpg (23 KB, 250x250)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>16138980
Anything that fucks in the ass the first and second law of thermodynamics. That tech is banned by the deep state running the US from area 51.
>>
>>16142175
You might find something from Lakhovsky's multiwave oscillator device and theories related to the electrical behaviour of cells and disease states.
I was perplexed how it might function but I assume it's likely related to this.

Not a fed, borderline whether I class as schizo, I have broad but fleeting interests so I find myself getting somewhat deep into a topic before getting bored with i and moving onto something new and completely unrelated to it, but the water topic seems to be one I come back to from multiple directions.
I mention them in the odd thread here and there.

Seneff's papers were how I got into the mechanisms behind chems like glyphosate and why they are damaging to us.
there was another point I think about the role of these gel phases in lining blood vessels walls.
Oh are you aware of the japaese guy enomoto who used to collect water from different sites and have people do things like pray to it or say hello to it every morning before freezing it and observing the crystaline structure changes.
The weirdest thing I came across was some new zealand woman breezing a shallow dish of it and getting pictures of the most random objects appearing in it after thinking at the water.
This whole water topic gets odd, but I think at least with the medical component there seem to be several fairly straightforward mechanisms and behaviours that definitely demand study and funding.
>>
>>16142175
Have you read much on cymatics? from what I recall reading pretty much all music associated with religious healing produced shapes with 7 points, music such as christian or buddhist chants.

Eric Dollard talked about Bach and cathedral music causing this weird reinforcement effect. especially around planetary alignment periods not sure if this was the right interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9N34dawm00
>>
>>16142218
Electrical potential variations in cells is something I'm pretty well read on from my in-cell NMR days. Whether it's related or controlling I know not.

Send me a message here: qwegfeefw@yahoo.com

I'll look deeper.
Enomoto was bullshit on cross examination. It was a cool idea but naur. He fed into homeopathy hardcore.

I've studied some cymatics. But mainly cause resonances are fascinating and I think people like pleasing tones. I'd also be inclined to think that people respond well because it helps match their brain up to a preferred frequency. Bit that varies by person
>>
>>16142449
>Enomoto was bullshit
some parts are others aren't kinda hard to pull apart. that's the problem with the schizo takes, they jumble everything up making the gold hard to sift out.

I forget what his name was but there was a french guy who found ice crystals growing on a butcher shop window in the forms of the various animal organs displayed there.

Not sure how it could work though
>>
>>16142449
I assume that's a burner e-mail.
I'll set up something if you want to chat a little, not the best guy for it but if it'll help the boredom a spit.
>>
>>16139013
He only did this because he observed that farmers who milked cows are were exposed to cowpox pustules didn't get smallpox. There was already a correlation before he even considered vaccination. There might be similar relationships in nature, but good luck finding them because you're basically dealing with a very unlikely scenario.
>>
>>16140719
the majority also said that cigarettes are safe and even healthy, and that your diet should be mostly bread
>>
>>16142471
Shoot we can connect on another platform more easily and chat casually
>>
"Social sciences" basically complete bullshit, that falls apart after any scrutiny. It might as well be called "Government Propaganda", since every "solution" to a social problem requires government intervention, even though many (if not all) social problems can be solved by free market trade and free market capitalism.
>>
>>16142537
The social sciences got completely wrecked.
>>
Tranny surgeries, or "Gender Affirming Care", or "Gender Mutilation Surgery" is basically complete pseudoscience, though it has proponents so it falls into fringe territory.
There's basically no science that backs up chopping a cock off of a guy, or creating a fake cock from arm tissue for a woman who wants to be a man.
Just complete insanity all around.
>>
"Criminal Justice", which again falls into the category of "Social Sciences", is based on a false premise that criminals, especially rapists/murders, deserve prison and/or rehabilitation services, paid for by taxpayers.
These types of people literally lack the brain capacity to make rational decisions, so unfortunately they don't have the mental capacity to be non-violent.
This can be seen from all of the violent criminals in NYC who have been released from prison, literally given a second chance, and all they do is commit more crimes.
Of course the entire justice system is just a huge kick-back program to political campaigns. Which is why nothing will ever change until we make it illegal for government employees to donate to politicians, PACs, or non-profits.
>>
Why did commonwheel who are apparently connected to the rockefellers destroy RCA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfzHjoL-zus
>>
>>16142577
I was a criminal. Broke into a liquor store and a middle school with some other teenage retards. Haven't had so much as a parking ticket in the two decades since.
>>
>>16143185
You know he wasn't talking about that.
>>
>>16143379
I don't though. He threw out a blanket statement, an incredibly stupid one at that.
>>
>>16143185
>>16143643
> especially rapists/murders
Sorry for not elaborating more. I was specifically referring to violent criminals and/or career criminals with a long history of recidivism.
There’s very little evidence that these types of criminals can be rehabilitated.
The old bounty system of capturing criminals Dead or Alive would be much better than our dumb “modern” prison-industrial-judicial-complex.
The goal of criminal justice should be to have a safe society, not one in which criminals are pandered to because judges, lawyers, and politicians make so much money off of them.
Thankfully countries like El Salvador are currently running a very successful experiment right now.
By capturing all of the career criminals in the country, it is now a safer place to be than many cities in the US.
>>
>>16138980
>fringe science = ideas the rely on refuted premises
oh, ok easy then:
darwinian evolution
material reductionism
rick and morty multiverse
QM many worlds
billions of years
atheism
nihilsm
etc
>>
>>16141114
no unfortunately not. You might be able to implement a virtual xfce box though
>>
File: sonic.png (514 KB, 1023x575)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>16142229
>>
File: sonic.jpg (86 KB, 500x500)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>16142229
>>
>>16140719
How many of those doctors actually looked into the matter and didn't just regurgitate what medschool crammed them?
>>
>>16143664
God I hate fake numerology. Hertz aren't even an integral measurement
>>
>>16142229
Sea Shanties, I wonder if there's anything interesting in their wave structure.

Right belters if done right, used to give me strange tingling sensations. I wonder if it's related to this supe positioning
>>
>>16145080
To expand my thoughts a little, by wave structure we can incorporate the developmental process of how these songs were direct products of natural rhythms within the oceanic wave generator which likely influenced their development and the harmonies incorporated into them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.