[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what if there's some some secret particle that we haven't discovered yet that goes faster than light
>>
>>16142847
It's my cock while railing your mother.
>>
>>16142847
I coom faster than light, ask your mom
>>
>>16142909
Please delete this. I was on the train and when I saw this I had to start furiously masturbating. Everyone else gave me strange looks and were saying things like “what the fuck” and “call the police”. I dropped my phone and everyone around me saw this image. Now there is a whole train of men masturbating together at this one sentence. This is all your fault, you could have prevented this if you had just hesitated to press the post button.
>>
>>16142928
if you were fast like me nobody would have noticed
>>
>>16142847
Could be. We just need to build many slightly incrementally larger particle accelerators until we find it
>>
Has 4chan been weird lately or is it just me?
>>
>>16142847
97% of the observable universe is moving away from us at FTL speeds
>>
>>16142847
Its not about light, never was. C is speed of casuality, light just happen to move at that speed. In this Universe either you have mass and are below that speed or you are massless and right at it and cannot go any slower.
>>
>>16143506
All praise C the speed of our lord C. His C-ness exceeds all others. We know this to be true because the holy science man doth sayeth so. And so it was.
>>
>>16143828
>All praise C
it's c actually. C represents Coulomb measurement unit.
>>
What happens if one was to induce superluminal acoustic waves (group velocity) in a vehicle exhaust?
>>
>>16142847
Wave function collapse is faster than light but not instant.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (3 KB, 225x225)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>16142847
Particles arent real. I cant see them, hence they dont exist. Also they do not thknk, therefore they are not am
>>
>>16143828
This. Heretics must burn.
>>
>>16142847
>what if there's some some secret particle that we haven't discovered yet that goes faster than light
well, as far as we can tell and have tested, the collapse of entangled particles takes place faster than the speed of light, no matter how distant the particles are.
We don't know or understand the fundamental why and how though. Nature, always full of mysteries!
>>
>>16143495
>moving away
no, nothing is "movin": it's the distance itself that is increasing. It's spacetime itself that is dilating or expanding, the celestial objects themselves aren't, in other words, they have no speed relative to us. That's why this whole thing is baffling and hard to understand.
>>
>>16142847
idk lol
>>
>>16142847
It's called a fucking tachyon
>>
>>16144957
same difference
>>
>>16143480
You new here or something?
>>
>>16142847
because effect can't happen before cause and as you get to the speed of light time slows
>>
>>16145157
OH SHIT IM FEELING IT
>>
>>16144953
>the collapse of entangled particles
This isn't real.
>>
holy shit a particle just flew over my house at light speed
>>
>>16145505
Your wife can have a bruised eye and you are in jail before you hit her. Which she claimed is the cause of the black eye.
>>
>>16142847
Empirically we have never seen anything bearing energy/information faster than light. The reason theoritically we don't think there exists a particle (usually called Tachyons) that moves at superluminal speeds comes from a philosophical principle (relativity) that states that one cannot use the Laws of Physics to tell what kind of inertial reference frame you're in. This means if Tachyons existed, we expect people living on Tachyons to experience life as if they were on a motionless body. This is not the case as light is a wave one could easily tell if they were on a Tachyon by using a flashlight and observing the equivilent of a sonic boom for light (Cherenkov Radition) .
>>
>>16146316
when are they going to give you a raise, gpt?
>>
File: niggers_toungue_my_anus.png (184 KB, 1176x1126)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>16146322
I am a real flesh, blood and piss human
>>
Einstein is a fag and light doesn't have a constant speed.
>>
>>16142847
If a particle moved faster than light, it would have the potential to interfere with causality assuming that Einstein‘s theory of special relativity is correct, for which we have much experimental proof. Nevertheless physicist do look for such particles at CERN for example. They’re called Tachyons, but so far no such particle has been discovered.
>>
>>16146469
>>
>>16144953
is this collapse in the room with us?
>>
File: 1713724972420048.jpg (55 KB, 850x773)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16146520
>>
>>16146316
>>16146329
The frequency of basic spelling mistakes combined with the fact you took it seriously when someone acted as if what you said was AI generated is fucking mind boggling
>>
>>16142847
there can't be. everything moves at c through spacetime
>>
>>16143897
how is it not instant?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.