[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you hope humans discover before you kick the bucket?
>>
unkickable bucket
>>
File: soys all do this.gif (68 KB, 504x716)
68 KB
68 KB GIF
>>
>>16142963
Affordable reverse aging
>>
>>16142963
aliens and >>16142964. I just can't human
>>
>>16142963
Death through pleasure overdose.
>>
>>16143037
dolphin pussy jelly. . . supposedly
>>
>>16142963
>Star Trek Food Replicators
>GiTS/Bladerunner Personality Uploads
>Catgirls
>>
>>16143037
Heroin. Morphine. Etc
>>
>>16142963
Uncanny sex bots
>>
>>16142966
Are most humans this idiotic? The longer I live it appears to be a resounding Yes
>>
>>16143161
we all start checking that watch when we get close to it
>>
>>16142963
Honestly? I hope they discover how to get their heads out of their own asses for a change. Then they can get to work on the real issues. I mean we all live in a simulation and these retards are still trying to slam simulated particles into each other in order to make more imaginary particles....nigger it's all just 1's and 0's chill.
>>
>>16143179
what's your proposition anon? what should scientists do to get out of the simulation?
>>
>>16142963
actual brain computer interfaces, and i'll contribute to this
>>
File: 1713807860126259s.jpg (7 KB, 250x229)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>16143191
cyberbrain wen
>>
>>16143196
we're going to have to probe the head meatball with tiny sharp metal a lot but we'll make some real progress this century
>>
>>16142963
Hoping for the world-wide *re*discovery that jews are cancerous cells on the earth that must be eradicated.
>>
>>16142963
I hope they stop discovering shit. Lately it seems they only find the worst ways to harm humanity.
>>
>>16142966
Yeah it's awesome that people die all the time haha. So true
>>
>>16143490
Right. Could you even imagine if all the annoying people who have ever lived or will ever live were all still alive together at the same time and general place?
>>
>>16142963
grand unified theory
>>
>>16142963
The ability to wear bodies like clothes. I'm short, on hotwheels, acne scarred, partially deaf, have glasses, vulnerable to sun damage because ginger, and my muscles never had much of a chance to develop. I never knew what it was like to be an alpha male.
>>
>>16143823
And IBS. I can't even shit properly. Would love to replace the entire colon.
>>
>>16143179
>I mean we all live in a simulation
You mean the mental simulation of reality we all experience inside our minds as "consciousness", right anon? You don't mean that the material world is a simulation, right?
>>
>>16143823
>on hotwheels
Do you mean you're on an electric wheelchair like 8ch's Hot wheels?
If so, the shortness etc kind of seems irrelevant.
>>
I want to see science solve the hard problem of consciousness. I want to see scientists admit that consciousness is fundamental to quantum physics, and then to see science unleash its full potential once it's not limited by dimwitted materialism anymore.
>>
>>16143848
why do you want that in science tho? why not do your own thing like so many are doing?
>>
>>16143864
Because it may yield important new technology e.g. for telepathy, mind reading and to ease psychological suffering. Unfortunately, I can't afford the equipment to conduct research in this area myself. I hope once the topic becomes broadly accepted there will be a lot of rapid progress.
>>
>>16143848
The notion that quantum mechanics are any more involved in consciousness than in other biological processes is a cope created as a last ditch attempt to prove the existence of free will. It's based on the realisation that quantum mechanics may be the only source of uncertainty in the universe, making it the only way in which our actions would not be predetermined. In reality, there is no reason why consciousness cannot be explained by standard processes in the brain which are no more reliant on quantum mechanics than any other reaction in our body.
Consciousness is probably somewhat influenced by quantum mechanics, but consciousness is certainly not fundamental to quantum mechanics.
"Consciousness is confusing and quantum mechanics is confusing so they must somehow be the same." - Scott Aaronson
>>
>>16143944
>In reality, there is no reason why consciousness cannot be explained by standard processes in the brain
Yet here we are with unimaginable computing power and countless billions of human hours being spent thinking about and trying to solve the "problem" of consciousness via determinism and we're no closer than 100 years ago.
Even if qualia and the phenomenon of awareness is purely determined via classical physics.
>All of this complex development appears to be the aftermath and directly related to the unique method of energy generation and storage that takes place in the resulting mitochondria. Ultimately, the energetics of all forms of life, including prokaryotes and eukaryotes, comes from the ability to form proton gradients across the mitochondrial membrane resulting in a flow of pro-tons (6). The core of this unique but universal method of energy production takes place in the inner membrane of mitochondria where a sequence of protein clusters host the respiratory chain where electrons from nutrients are captured. They then move from one protein cluster to another through, what is thought to be, the nearly instantaneous process of quantum tunneling resulting in
a sequence of reductive and oxidative steps ultimately donating an electron pair to oxygen (7)
Consciousness scales with A) how many neurons you have
B) how quickly can the electron cycle via ATP have an effect from one cell to others? Is there tunneling involved in how many proteins bind? We have absolutely no idea why our reality involves these kinds of forces. We are still babies, we know nothing yet.
>>
>>16143981
>>
>>16142963
Indefinite life extending tech.
>>
>>16142966
this is maybe the dumbest comic ever written by a jealous boomer
longevity tech alone has radically transformed over the past 5 years and we even have gene therapies to extend lifespan now
also, the world in general has transformed so rapidly as a result of accelerating technological change to believe this comic you'd have to be a hermit or something with no contact with the outside world.
>>
>>16143163
Talking about the stupidity of thinking there will be a cure for old age and death.
>>
>>16144427
most likely there will be. pretty smort people working on it
>>
>>16144433
finding another pill for boners and giving meds to lazy fat people so they stop being fat... Those things are what they are working on.
>>
>>16142963
Immortality...lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.