[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: me_rn.jpg (60 KB, 1200x1200)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
bros i need your help. i have 1 month to study abstract algebra from scratch. how do i do it? please consider i have 119 IQ
>inb4 retard
yes
>>
>>16144112
Just open a book and study it. Which one? D&F will work.
Read, attempt the theorems/propositions/lemmas before seeing the proof.
Perhaps add spaced repetition systems.
>>
>>16144120
i'm very selective about maths books. i don't like when they're as a long stream of consciousness where the author is flexing to us mortals how much he knows about mathematics.
they have to be written in a casual manner, be explicit (say things as they are) and provide many examples, preferably from geometry (depending on the case, of course).
i discovered that i spend more time looking for books than i do reading them but imo it pays off in the long run since a bad book could mean a lot of wasted time.
>>
>>16144112
A Concrete Approach to Abstract Algebra: From the Integers to the Insolvability of the Quintic
>>
>>16144112
step 1: leave 4chan
>>
>>16144112
>Just open a book and study it.
This. Work through proofs and do some problems in the chapters.
>>
>>16144112
First lesson, a ring is not a ring (why the fuck did they call it that). When I hear ring I think mod arithmetic. Anyways good luck.
>>
>>16144112
retard
>>
>>16144300
the problem with abstract algebra is that i don't see the applications and so i can't remember anything
>>16144971
no
>>
>>16144112
I have one in a week on abstract algebra too. I hate it and love analysis!!! I had a mental breakdown all month and as of today am checkmated into going on medication. I have no idea what to do anon. :(
>>
>>16145153
i guess abstract algebra is just abstract
>>
File: 81+xORCwIUL._SL1500_.jpg (100 KB, 1095x1500)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
vw
>>
>>16145079
>i don't see the applications and so i can't remember anything
Hallmark of a midwit. Let your failures in this course be a lesson to you. You will never be a great mathematician. Switch to CS or applied math with a concentration in finance while you still can.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.