[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1684216430253251.png (13 KB, 250x244)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Cross-posting from /g/, since I don't expect a lot of answers there.

I attend a cryptography course at uni. The subject of the last lecture is up for discussion.

So far we've seen groups, Pedersen commitments and RSA digital signatures. What's left is ElGamar encryption and zero-knowledge proofs. Some choices for the last lecture are:

- Groups from Elliptic Curves (construction method, space and time costs, support for bilinear mappings).
- One-time signatures from hash functions (Lamport, WOTS, resistance to quantum computer attacks).
- Signatures (EC)DSA and Psychic Signatures (including a brief discussion of implementation issues).
- Secret Sharing, multi-member signatures (Shamir Secret Sharing).
- Electronic Voting (commonalities with the above).
- Lattice-based cryptogaphy.

What do you think would more interesting/useful from the above? Do you have any other suggestion?
>>
>>16146999
> - Secret Sharing, multi-member signatures (Shamir Secret Sharing).

Usefull!
>>
File: apachref.jpg (1.18 MB, 1079x1102)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>16146999
nist backdoors and unexplained constants
>>
>>16147047
This is an interesting topic, will research it on my own. But since we mainly examine the theoretical protocols themselves and not any implementations/real world systems, I don't think it would be a good contender. But thank you very much for your suggestion.
>>
Why the fuck are bob and alice always messaging each other? Aren't they both married? Do their respective partners know how long this has been going on?
>>
secret sharing is very useful and fun but it's not too complex so you can learn it on your own (create a polynomial of degree n-1 where n is the number of parts of the secret you desire to be required to reconstruct the message, plug in the values to create shadows/keys, share the keys with the recipients and it'll all work out that 'n' recipients will need to combine their keys to solve M by eliminating variables like any other polynomial)

I would personally have a lecturer explain elliptic curves since they're pretty math heavy but are commonly used
>>
>>16147610
>where n is the number of parts of the secret you desire to be required to reconstruct the message
I explained this badly, n is the number of keys that you want to recombine to reconstruct the message. shamir secret sharing is given in the form (n,m) where n is as stated and m is a value > n of the number of total shadows you want to create

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.