[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tides.png (139 KB, 1080x1147)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
wtf? how does the Moon pull the sea on the opposite side of the Earth?
>>
It doesnt. Fake science. It cant push water away from it. Gravitation is a purely attractice force when looked at in the newtonian framework
>>
>>16253960
>Fake science.
I got that from the NASA website.
https://science.nasa.gov/moon/tides/
>>
>>16253985
Use your brain. Gravity can't push things away.
>>
>>16253987
I know that, why does NASA's website say otherwise?
>>
>>16253999
NASA also said they put men on the moon but they literally can't do it even with better tech. I don't remember Newton nor Einstein, the two fathers of gravity, having anything at all to do with NASA.
>>
>>16253915
The moon pulls on the earth as well as the water. It pulls on the near side water harder than it pulls on the earth (because it's closer), so the water bulges towards the moon there. But it pulls on the earth harder than it pulls on the far side water (because the earth is closer) so the water bulges away from the moon.

In other words, it's not that the water bulges away from the moon; it's that the earth part of the earth-water system bulges towards the moon.
>>
File: Tides.pdf (1.54 MB, PDF)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PDF
>>16253915
It's just a forced harmonic oscillator.
The natural period for free oscillation of tidal waves is longer than the period of the rotation of the moon around the earth, so the response is 180 degrees out of phase.
>>
>>16253915
Centrifugal force maybe? The Earth-moon barycenter is close to Earth's surface.
>>
>>16254000
Einstein was a grifter and a fraud, and Newton lived too early to have anything but a naive understanding of gravity.
>>
>>16254000
>even with better tech.
But worse workers.
>>
>>16253915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwChk4S99i4
>>
>>16253915
I think that will answer your question

https://earthscience.stackexchange.com/questions/16556/why-do-high-tides-occur-simultaneously-on-opposite-sides-of-the-earth
>>
>>16254260

So basically >>16253960 was right.
>>
>>16254279
No. Neither basically, nor complexly.
>>
>>16253960
>>16253987
>>16254178
> too retarded to do the math
LMAO
>>
Why do schools teach wrong in formation on tides?
>>
>>16254260
>stackexchange
>>
>>16253985
Nasa is the embodiment of fake science
>>
>>16254218
I can't get past the basic assumption that something further away from a gravitational source must be attracted less. Does B get attracted less than the Earth's center because the center is making gravity exhaust itself? Suppose the Earth was a hollow sphere: would there be less of a difference between gravitational force at point A and point B?
>>
File: tides.png (176 KB, 1752x787)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>16253915
>how does the Moon pull the sea on the opposite side of the Earth?
really good question. Here wew go:
The moon exerts a gravitational pull on the earth. The water on the side of the earth closest to the moon experiences this pull most strongly, resulting in a bulge of water forming a high tide. However, the earth as a whole is also pulled toward the moon. This causes the earth to shift slightly towards the moon, creating a centrifugal effect on the water on the opposite side.
On the side of the earth away from the moon, the gravitational pull of the moon is weaker. The water on this side tries to stay in place due to inertia (the tendency of a mass to resist changes in its state of motion). Since the earth is being pulled slightly more toward the moon than this water, it creates a relative outward bulge, forming another high tide.
Was that clear enough?

Additionally, the Sun also produces it's own two tidal peaks on the oceans, so in reality, there are four tidal peaks and troughs interacting each day, and their interaction produces a predictable but always shifting pattern. Picture related as an example.
>>
>>16254562
Good explanation.Thanks.
>>
>>16254555
>I can't get past the basic assumption that something further away from a gravitational source must be attracted less
...You can't understand that the strength of gravity falls off with distance?
>>
>>16255596
no problem, anytime
>>
>>16253999
>When the Moon’s gravity pulls at Earth, the water doesn’t float outward, it just gets pushed and squeezed around on the globe, directed by both gravitational pull and other forces, until it ultimately ends up bulging out on the side closest to the Moon and the side farthest away.
>and other forces
What other forces? Thanks a lot, NASA.
>>
>>16254555
inverse square law
>>
>>16254012
Now draw the vectors and see what they have vomit in your brain.
>>
>>16254111
Since when could you upload PDFs to 4chan?
>>
>>16253960
>>16253915

Gravity, a force ubiquitously governing the macroscopic universe, remains an enigma despite the paradigmatic frameworks of General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Recent theoretical advances in Smectical Doggometry (SD), a burgeoning discipline grounded in fractal geometry and oscillatory dynamics, have enabled unparalleled rigor in modeling complex phenomena. Meanwhile, Quantum Entanglement (QE), a cornerstone of non-locality, has been widely acknowledged as a fundamental aspect of quantum mechanics. This study pioneers the notion that SD, interfaced with QE, holds the key to explicating the push-pull principle of gravity.

The synthesis of SD and GE produced a startling correspondence. Sub-shifting equidistant shift spectra, derived from gravitational oscillons, exhibited quadratic resonance frequencies concordant with experimentally validated gravitational wave patterns. Furthermore, the push-pull principle of gravity emerged as an inherent consequence of the intertwined DOGG and entangled eigenstates. Specifically, our results demonstrated that:

Smectical Doggometry's
equidistant shift spectra recapitulate the fundamental harmonics governing gravitational interactions.
2. Sub-shifting equidistant shift spectra

disclose intricate symmetries, consonant with gravitational wave patterns, underscoring the quadratic Nature of gravitational interactions.
3. Gravitational Entanglement

bridges the SD-QE interface, furnishing empirical evidence for the push-pull principle.
>>
>>16253985
Gross oversimplification, to the point of being a lie. Reality is very different
>>
>>16253987
The math says it does. Think of it as creating a pressure hole on the opposite side toward which the other water moves
>>
>>16254562
>earth to shift slightly towards the moon, creating a centrifugal effect on the water on the opposite side.
Word salad. That's not what centrifugal means
>>
>>16254562
Nobody can explain how and why tides exist.
Tides are not even uniform like in the OP.

There are multiple "tides nodes" and "amphidromic points".
So points without any change of water level and points with strong changes.

>see picrel

There are like in the the ocean places with 0 changes in tides while the same body of water exhibits a tidal change just 300km distant.

It seems to related to moonphases. But its not gavitational.
Actually nobody know its simply speculated.
>>
>>16253999
if you haven't noticed NASA says a lot of dumb shit because they refuse to acknowledge real science. If you aren't learning plasma physics, you don't understand physics. It's that simple
>>
>>16254322
>believes all the theoretical garbage forced own his throat by mainstream physics

lol
lmao

Tell me you're an NPC without telling me
>>
https://youtu.be/pwChk4S99i4?si=2PNenXOSYJAEBjd4
>>
>>16258195
so the earth is flat isn't it? come on now admit it.
>>
>>16253915
Hydrogravitative equilibrium as it pulls the close side. The close side has a gravitational pull on the far side, the hydrostatic pressure of the water acting on itself forces it into a shape that the solid of Earth's rocky core can't stretch to in the same elastic timing.

It truly does make sense, we are essentially squeezing a heterogenous system, but the system of the water is homogeneous, yet still affected, so it has the same effect across that substrate.
The push-pull on the Earth's rocky and solid core levels is responsible for geothermal activity of some level.
>>
>>16258533
> Moons gravity does not cause tides
>therefore erth must be flat

Are you retarded?
>>
>>16258195
Fascinating, thanks.
>>
>>16258195
>speculated
On a first glance it looks likes a swinging system with interferences. Highs everywhere the sea narrowed by land, Lows in the open, in-between interferences. Moon triggers and syncs that, so it must be on both sides
>>
>>16254218
PBS? deep-state propaganda.
>>
File: IMG_2500.jpg (66 KB, 820x1024)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>16258053
Well that seems pretty clear, I concur.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.