[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What kind of interesting scientific daydreams that you have?
>>
>>16254405
I play devil's advocate with flat earth and am trying to make a working model
>>
>>16254405
I daydream about creating an ultra high efficiency thermo-electric conversion material that due to it's makeup prefers to transfer all heat above 0k directly into electric current generation and can withstand over 4000k.

If supplied with an outlet for electricity cycling it will force itself to remain below 30k.

If such a dream material can be created that doesn't break the bank it's a major stepping down to compacting extreme energy sources into small spaces, thus making ultra-high powered..well, anything, suddenly available. Especially would revolutionize space travel. I must advance human knowledge on this subject I am literally autistic about this.

Intelligence has nothing to do with it I am dumb as the day is long and by sheer determination I am going to discover this before I'm dead.
>>
>>16254405
I dream that the work I do is actually important, that people will give me a lot of money so that I can maybe buy a house one day
>>
>>16254405
I imagine the predatory strategy and kinematics involved in the life of an adult T-rex
>>
File: RWS_Tarot_01_Magician.jpg (794 KB, 1108x1920)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
>>16254405
I reenact fights revolving around swords,arcane magic and spirits
>>
>>16254405
I daydream about her loving me back. Please, Janet. I know you are my best friend but I love everything about you, your nose, your heterochromia, your cute ears, your well-formed ass, your perception, your intelligence, the sound of your laugh, the way you dance, the way you pronounce my name, how you brought me back from the edge of suicide, gave me back the spirit for life I lost 8 or 9 years ago. I can't bear seeing you with anyone else. I think about you when I'm sad, I think about you when I'm happy, I think about you when I'm angry, I think about you when I'm at peace, I think about you when I'm working out, I think about you when I'm eating, I think about you when I wake up, I think about you when I go to sleep. I will fight the world if that's what it takes for us to be together.

I occasionally daydream about creating a hydrogen fuel cars & trucks. Fission finally made as a conventional source of energy for earthlings.
>>
>>16255410
top kek
>>
I day dream about space travel and landing on other planets.
>>
>>16256981
same
>>
I dream of finding a way to reverse aging and live forever.
Every other dream is meaningless if you don't live forever.
Then I would offer it to whomever I love so that we could live together for as long as possble.
>>
File: B2Plan-scaled-1[1].jpg (387 KB, 2048x1362)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>16254405

I learned about Biosphere 2 (and its' failures) about a decade ago and ever since then I've been quietly obsessed with redoing the project entirely from scratch, "but better".
The basic premise of Biosphere 2 was to make a completely self-contained, self-sustained, biodome that people could be sealed inside and live for years in isolation. Pic related is the general layout.

My quick pop-science bulletin pointers:
-With exception to the aquatic habitat and the agricultural section: the Biosphere should house only one biome, the rainforest. In Biosphere 2, due to the increased co2 levels, humidity, and high temperatures, the rainforest quickly flourished, became the dominant ecosystem, and in an attempt to achieve homeostasis; was constantly invading the other ecosystems. Staff were literally spending between 3-4 hours every day protecting the other ecosystems from its' pioneering vegetation. That's retarded.
On that point: no section of the biosphere should be closed off from one another in anyway that limits gas, water, nutrient, or any other kind of chemical exchange.

-The aquatic habitat should be a freshwater one and not salt. By making the aquatic habitat salt water they've made it impossible for a large portion of beneficial insect species from reproducing, limited the quantity of oxygen-producing plant species, and effectively made a big dumb undrinkable aquarium. I know this'll allow mosquitos to exist, but that's why you have fish.
The aquatic habitat probably needs to take up 'most' of the biosphere. Maybe as much as 2/3rds of the enclosure probably needs to be a small lake with a deep cool center. Both for oxygen production, but also to maintain temperature stability.

-Create an actual glossary and index of flora and fauna you put in the fucking thing. This is easily the most embarrassing oversight, but they literally didn't keep track of fauna and most flora (that wasn't crops) was picked for ornamental purposes. Specifically,
>>
I dream all the time about making nanomachines son.
>>
I think there might be a way to visualize the paths of photons through spacetime as threads pulled taut. The principle of least action is too suggestive
>>
>>16254405
Bridging the gap between physics and chemistry.
>>
>>16254405
I imagine what it might be like to have my eyes elsewhere on my body. For instance, my stomach. What would my POV experience be like? Where would I point to and say my "self" is located? What happens if I separate more of my senses?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.