[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: LEw0m6mZsEOe.jpg (100 KB, 650x540)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Frenchman Augustin Mouchot used solar power to produce ice in 1878. We could easily solve global warming if it legitimately existed and wasn't just a made up story being used to forward a hidden agenda.
>>
>>16257654
>Frenchman Augustin Mouchot used solar power to produce ice in 1878.
How did he do it?
>>
>>16257954
>How did he do it?
Specifically, you'll see that no energy was removed from the earth system, just used in a way to cool water. That's the same thing as powering a freezer with electricity from solar paneling.

That's not the main point here. What we want, is to obtain energy from sources different from the carbon sources that have been locked underground for millions of years (fossil fuels), and avoid putting that carbon into the atmosphere in the form of CO2 or methane. either that, or find ways to keep that carbon from escaping into the atmosphere, at all.
I hope that was clear.

So yes, let's be like Mouchot, if possible.
>>
>>16257993
>avoid putting that carbon into the atmosphere
why?
>>
>>16258577
>why?
>>16257654
to slow global warming to at least a rate that allows nature to adapt, and avoid the acceleration of habitat destruction and ecosystem collapse.
>>
File: LAI-Change-Global.jpg (189 KB, 580x430)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>16258871
what habitat destruction and ecosystem collapse?
every ecosystem on the planet is doing better now than it was when atmospheric CO2 levels were lower
>>
>>16257654
More heat from the sun is dumped into a heatsink than it is removed from the water in the same way that the condenser coil from your fridge is more hot than the evaporator coil is cold.
If you wanted to cool the planet what you would actually do is cover the ocean in white or reflective coat.
>>
>>16259165
so you're saying that if you used solar panels to male ice the sun would somehow know and decide to output more energy to compensate?
>>
>>16257654
>a hidden agenda.
its not hidden very well
>>
>>16259120
>what habitat destruction and ecosystem collapse?
I think that's going off-topic already.
My comment regarding the OP's post was given.
Start a thread about that if you want to go at it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.