[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0581.jpg (499 KB, 828x1319)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>be me Elon Musk

>I built a successful electric car company when no one else could

>I built a successful rocket company
And create a resuable rocket

>I got rich cocksuckers to buy my ugly cyber truck

>im rich enough to buy twitter

>I got haters everywhere
>>
File: jobs_obey.jpg (174 KB, 547x778)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>16258098
>How’d he do it?
From what I can tell, he's good at taking credit for things others did, and he's good at pretending to be extraordinary. He's extraordinary in that way, I guess. Reminds me of Steve Cocksucker Jobs. or Donald Turd
>>
>>16258098
>balding at 23
fucking grim
>>
>>16258098
Assuming you're genuinely asking, there are a couple reasons. I'd number them but I don't want to sound like a LLM.
Business - you need to understand the context of about 40 years of American industrial decline first. To put it really simply, at some point businesses decided to focus on generating shareholder wealth through financial tools rather than improving products. These include layoffs and selling underperforming departments. Well 40 years is long enough for literally everyone currently working with a business degree to have learned this method of doing business as gospel. Which means almost every dinosaur company on the S&P500 is limping along, squeezing as many pennies out as possible just before the end of a quarter without taking the time or money to ever invest in anything real. A great example is the fight between Boeing and Lockheed that led to the state enforced creation of the ULA. The US' two launch companies were attempting to destroy each other with illegal corporate espionage in an effort to win launch contracts. At no point during this did either of them think, "what if we just got out of the engineer's way and let them build a better rocket". And so SpaceX won just by making a good product. Tesla is similar.
Management - it's engineers all the way up, and the job of managers is to clear obstacles for their engineers. This is the opposite of a standard company where accountants and HR enforce a status quo for no identifiable reason.
Fanaticism - space attracts fanatics. For people who into it, nothing is more important. If you set a vision, ie Mars colonization, then the best engineering graduates in the country will move to the middle of nowhere and work close to free. Tesla is similar. He founded it because he saw people hold a candlelight vigil for a cancelled electric car.
Aspergers - the way he thinks is conducive to solving problems in am abnormal way
Abuse - he's obsessed with working. You can read the autobiography for more
>>
>>16258572
He gets a lot of bad press but the fact that he became the richest man on Earth with the most valuable private American company ever by breaking into some incredibly difficult industries speaks for itself.
>>
>>16258098
>>How’d he do it?
Since the beginning he's done nothing but pump & dump, take credit for everything, build a cult of the personality, overpromise, underdeliver, and collect money from US gov and Venture Capitalists.
He is a Fraudster Genius.
>>
>>16258585
>gets a lot of bad press
by leftists living and breathing resentment, i.e. people that have been completely irrelevant since the dawn of time except the parts when they would ruin everything for normal people
>>
>>16258624
Yeah you basically have to weigh the apparent success of his companies against the words of some faggot journalist
>>
>>16258624
we're alpha male conservatives here. that means we respect our fellow alpha male elon musk and we will react HARD against any leftist trying to denigrate him
>>
>>16258662
Intergastibesh
>>
>>16258098
Look ANOTHER Elon shill thread. How small dicked and desperate for attention is this faggot? Seriously.
>>
>>16258098
superior chinese brain
>>
>>16258098
He's half alien, half chinese
>>
File: US Empire.jpg (182 KB, 1200x1149)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>16258572
>40 years of American industrial decline
Retard detected. If you're a technologically advanced society that doesn't need to pollute your home nation with industrial by-products and toxins, you shouldn't...pay another nation to do it. Not understanding this elementary relationship and the raw power of America's central banking is the biggest stumbling block for morons as they blunder around trying to make sense of the world in this era. America has the most powerful military in human history, but it's nothing compared to our ability to project power with the Federal Reserve, WTO, IMF, etc.

You're probably still whining about our steel output when we're solidly in the lead with AI and Quantum computing, which give you the ability to control all other currencies and tech for the entire planet and parse it out at will. Buy a fucking clue.
>>
>>16258113
> ESL
LMAO
>>
>>16258572
>at some point businesses decided to focus on generating shareholder wealth through financial tools rather than improving products
That's not completely true, considering that entertainment and product development are very much big businesses in the U.S. It wouldn't be a 27 trillion-dollar economy without it. As a matter of fact, America still is an industrial giant, it's just that a lot of cheaper consumer products (which are the most visible part of the economy to the final customers) are imported.
As for the financial tools, you're right. America is a country that has amassed enormous quantities of capital and that capital must flow. While flowing, it generates a lot of revenue. Just like Britain, although their situation is more fragile. That's just how it is.
Even if you consider that allowing China get into the WTO and having free trade with Mexico and Canada were very much political decisions, if you had managed to keep all that lost manufacturing power in the U.S., the cost of goods and services would've been higher today (although salaries too). In any case, having tons of low-paying factory jobs is not all that good for a developed economy. China knows this, by the way.
>>
>>16258778
>currency and software
>raw materials extraction and processing
We're talking about cars and rockets, two engineering problems. Actually developing and producing hardware. American engineering standards are the best in the world, but they've been squandered for four decades by the Harvard business school virus that infected the markets. I'm American, and I'm not suggesting the decline of America's current position, but the very real and measurable decline in domestic development and manufacturing held in especially stark contrast against musk's accomplishments. Look up Jack Welch for more info. The suggestion that any of that happened to prevent local pollution is laughable.
>>
It's hilarious/embarrassing you can tell he had a worse hairline 30 years ago than he does today.
>>
File: 1000017030.png (1.34 MB, 1010x1105)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>16258778
>We
>We
>We
The fuck did you do?
>>
>>16258098
He should piss off to South Africa
>>
>>16258812
>the very real and measurable decline in domestic development and manufacturing
Yeah, we're all back to riding to market in horses and buggies, right? Remember that scene in Tom Sawyer where he tricks all the kids into painting the fence for him? Now imagine that on a global scale and you're only just starting to see the real picture.

>musk's accomplishments
His wealth is illiquid af and almost entirely on paper. But the US government likes the idea of the "plucky entrepreneur" and keeps throwing money at him (just yesterday for a tug to de-orbit the ISS). Which is the uncomfortable truth about him...how much he's dependent on corporate welfare, even to reduce the prices of his cars with government sponsored tax rebates.

>Look up Jack Welch for more info.
That fucking old dinosaur. Maybe I should get a shovel and dig up Lee Iacocca while I'm at it.

>>16258820
More in the last year than you did in ten, you stinky favela dwelling peasant.
>>
>>16258860
Your insistence on bringing it back to wealth and diminishing melons accomplishments because of his liquidity makes me think we aren't even talking about the same thing.
>dinosaur
He's relevant, a student of his is running Boeing right now which is directly relevant to the topic of domestic space flight development. Honestly man it's like you got your financial education from /biz/
>>
File: 1000016670.jpg (166 KB, 1080x1350)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>16258860
I'm 32 Greek & live in Norway. I am a certified ethical hacker. I spent my mid to late twenties travelling around Europe in a camper.
Your turn.
>>
>>16258886
>I'm brown and was briefly homeless
Come on man I can't argue with this guy if you're handing him a win that easily
>>
>>16258098
>How’d he do it?
hair transplant
>>
File: 1000017037.png (18 KB, 741x649)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>16258895
>brown
Sure thing buddy
>Homeless
I travelled around Europe, made friends & memories, while I rented one of my two properties. The other one I left for my mother to live in. Also what is it with this materialism? Even if I was poor & didn't live in my camper by choice does this make me less valuable?
>>
File: 1000017038.jpg (1.84 MB, 4080x3072)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>16258895
White enough for your standards mutt?
>>
File: ift.webm (2.66 MB, 1920x1080)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB WEBM
When a man becomes a giant
He cast a shadow for those to walk under
>>
>>16259122
Sounds like you're walking under the shadow of his not-so-giant dick with your mouth wide open.
>>
>>16259092
>long fingernails
>obese
>knuckle scars from autism rage
grim
>>
>>16258098
Oh a retard himself.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/elon-musk-hydrogen-fuel-cells/8552516/
>>
>>16259857
hydrogen cars has been a scam for decades now
>>
>>16259870
Not an argument.
>>
>>16258778

Since USD is widely accepted it is cheaper for USA to export USD (and UST) to other nations and import products and services, instead of making them inside USA.

This doesn't work in wartime though. Defense spending USD currently gets exported to enemy nations to buy resources and dual use industry they have cornered.
>>
>>16259870
EVsisters…not looking good.
https://twitter.com/APMdeWit2/status/1807006114120192343?
>>
>>16258778
anon, 3/4s of that "industry" are just (((financial products)))
>>
>>16258820
Technology great
>>
>>16259886
>This doesn't work in wartime though.
There's no nation on Earth capable of isolating the US from its allies and trade partners in the event of a war. The Chinese only fantasize about this ability as they try to build up their own network of "dependable" allies that they know will inevitably desert them in favor of American and Western wealth when push comes to shove. The Russians have proven themselves to be a bad joke and Iran is congratulating the Houthis for not being worth the bad press of American airstrikes flattening their hovels filled with hundreds of thousands of impoverished women and children.

And the biggest faggots of all are the ones still celebrating "goat herders" taking over a country the US had lost all strategic and economic interest in...it's like being proud you sold somebody a lemon at a loss and they finally towed it to the wrecking yard where it belonged.

>>16259942
>(((financial products)))
Cope parentheses. It's not (((Jews))), it's just the macroeconomic processes you're too retarded and gullible to comprehend.
>>
>>16258572
Yes, too much "engineering" today is in fact "business engineering" while Elon prefers real engineering.
And he also thinks as a Physicist.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.