[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How would you be able tell if you died in your sleep but woke up in a different timeline where you didn't?
>>
>>16258118
No, there would be a noticeable difference: Your body isn't made of flesh anymore
That's when you realize that you died
>>
>>16258118
Making claims that can't be disproven is what cult leaders do.
>>
>>16258118
Here's a little secret for you. When you die, you're just dead. You cease to be.
>>
>>16258141
The body ceases, but the spirit stays aware, even if all bodily functions cannot be operated anymore.
>>
>>16258118
You wouldnt
This is the halting problem of the brain
>>
>>16258118
If it's a different timeline, it's different from your "before death" timeline. That's how you know.
>>
File: de3.jpg (30 KB, 505x594)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>16258152
>but the spirit stays aware
only testable propositions on /sci/, please
>>>/x/
>>
How do you know it's you sleeping and you're not actually split timelines who sleep and are awake?
>>
File: 1719589055139.jpg (82 KB, 680x1147)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>16258118
I died at least twice. First I died in a car accident in 2001 and ended up in hell. Then I died a second time from a viral infection in 2020. Apparently there is a worse version of hell where you end up when you die in normal hell.
>>
According to the Chinese philosophical classic Zhuangzi, the great Daoist thinker of that name fell asleep one day and dreamed that he was a butterfly. When he woke up, he did not know whether he really was a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly or whether he was a butterfly now dreaming he was a man

And don't even get me started on Star Trek transporters. Enjoy your suicide booths tarded Starfleet.
>>
No one asked why the doctors need your foreskin
>>
you'd see subtle differences like the monopoly man no longer wearing a monocle, darth vader no longer saying "luke, I am your father" and the fruit of the loom logo missing the loom
>>
>>16258118
How do you know whether or not you just blinked into existence with all of your memories already in your brain?
>>
>>16258240
Then feel free to not discuss qm or relativity, thanks!
>>16259179
>monopoly man
No idea, I dont play board games
>Vader
He never said that
>loom
It never had a loom. The only change is that it used to have a cornucopia in the 90s and the company changed the logo. It never had a loom.
>>
>>16259211
Because it'd have to happen continually
>>
>>16258118
shit your pants and see if it is brown. In another timeline it would be green
>>
>>16259179
Motherlover....
>>
>>16259240
>Then feel free to not discuss qm or relativity, thanks!
This thread is not about those topics though, is it?
>>
>>16258138
Exactly, like the six millions crap, the climate cultists, and vaxxers' nonsense.
>>
>>16259369
It is it's like the quantum immortality theory except you don't shoot yourself
It would explain why the world is so boring
>>
>>16258141
Proofs?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.